Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast
Results 106 to 120 of 140

Thread: Road to Zion

  1. #106
    Veteran mafra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    8,839
    Rep Power
    24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by htr10 View Post
    Zion and Barrett weren’t enough to get Duke to the Final Four. Reddish’s knee injury certainly didn’t help.
    Izzo designed a great play to get his senior a 3 to win.... last 2 possessions, Zion didn’t get a look. That’s in the coach.

    Jones with 4 points... Cam a non-factor, as usual.

    Still, if RJ misses that second FT, Zion was poised to grab it and put it back for the tie.

  2. #107
    Veteran mafra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    8,839
    Rep Power
    24

    Default

    https://mobile.twitter.com/SportsCen...171841/photo/1

    Zion’s 68% shooting is best ever for a freshman in D-1 NCAA history.

    Only freshman ever to win both ACC POY and ACC Tourny MVP.

    Third freshman to have 500 points, 50 steals, 50 blocks (AD and KD the other 2).

    His 104 points through 4 NCAA Tourny games is second most ever by a freshman.

  3. #108
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    7,519
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    It’s official!

    Suns won in OT last night and Knicks have officially clinched sole possession of the NBA’s worst record this season with 64 losses (no one else can reach more than 63 losses).

    So, with 3 games to play, if this team wants to try to win them, no way to screw up the tank now.

  4. #109
    12th man
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    11,760
    Rep Power
    31

    Default

    Fiz is going down in history as the coach with the worst record in team history, the boys will finish either 0-3 or 1-2. The last coach we had that set the record is now coaching women's bball so Fizdale better watch his ass next season.

  5. #110
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    7,519
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tiger0330 View Post
    Fiz is going down in history as the coach with the worst record in team history, the boys will finish either 0-3 or 1-2. The last coach we had that set the record is now coaching women's bball so Fizdale better watch his ass next season.
    I get the Fizdale criticism, but I think he was told to tank this season and he did. Fizdale has the respect and friendship of a lot of guys in the league. I’m pretty sure most of the league thought Fisher was a dumbass.

  6. #111
    12th man
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    12,321
    Rep Power
    31

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by htr10 View Post
    I get the Fizdale criticism, but I think he was told to tank this season and he did. Fizdale has the respect and friendship of a lot of guys in the league. I’m pretty sure most of the league thought Fisher was a dumbass.
    I still do think & believe Fizdale is a DUMBass!
    I would take Fisher as head coach over Fizdale all day!
    Every head-coach that made it to the NCAA sweet 16 has showed a better offense/defense plan than Fizdale showed all season with the Knicks.

    Today, in the NCAA Final 4 meeting we will see 4 teams playing 40 minutes of Team-Ball on both sides of the court having several set plays that work on Stops and scoring .... As for Fizdale's TANKING coaching we watched 79 games without any Team-Ball tactics on offense or defense from the Knick players, nor have we seen any type of set-plays for defensive Stops, or scoring besides the alley-oop passes to DJ or MitchRob for the dunk. And above the rim rookie Knox received more alley-oop dunk passes in the summer league games than he received in the 79 regular season games.

    Who u like Michigan State or Texas Tech today?
    Or Auburn or Virginia today?
    Auburn vs Michigan State !!!

  7. #112
    12th man
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    11,760
    Rep Power
    31

    Default

    I thought he was shorter than 6'7". Zion is 6'5" barefoot and is reported to like his fried chicken abd waffles, thus the comment about his weight in this analysis of him. You hope he's the next coming of Lebron but who knows for sure with his weaknesses.


    Pre-Draft Analysis

    Strengths
    - Will be one of the best athletes in the NBA right out of the gate. Dunk-contest candidate but also highly functional athleticism within games. Possesses a freakish combination of power, explosiveness, dexterity, coordination and body control.
    - Has a very high basketball IQ and is far more skilled than he gets credit for. Good ball handler and passer. Intriguing option as a grab-and-go or pick-and-roll operator with his elite first step. Terrific footwork and ability to change speeds forcefully.
    - Really impressive defender when he's locked in and operating at full intensity. Has excellent instincts rebounding, shot-blocking and getting in the passing lanes.

    Improvement areas
    - Has the height and length of a wing (measured 6-foot-5 barefoot with a 6-10.5 wingspan) but the bulk of a center at 275 to 285 pounds. Will have to manage his body carefully as he has historically gotten out of shape quickly.
    - Career 18-for-80 3-point shooter (22.5 percent) in 66 games tracked. A 66 percent free throw shooter on nearly 500 attempts. Shooting mechanics look slow and rigid. Will need considerable work for defenses to not treat him like a non-shooter.
    - Challenging player for NBA scouts to wrap their heads around, as he doesn't fit into traditional molds and it's difficult to compare him to any existing players.


  8. #113
    Veteran mafra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    8,839
    Rep Power
    24

    Default

    Forget about his game, b/c in terms of maturity, athleticism and intangibles... he’s on par with LeBron.

    Zion arrived at Duke, much like LJ his rookie year, preceded by years of hype and legend.

    Zion lived up to the hype (and then some). The weight of expectations did not detail Zion.

    It doesn’t matter an inch or two bc his leaping is tremendous.... and, like AD, LJ, KD... Zion is swift like a guard in a big man’s body.

    Also, like LJ, he is a smart player, willing to play defense, and is a natural leader.

    Remember, he began season as a top 5 pick but proved to be 1st puck by who he handled himself.

    His body weight concerns me but he’ll get with nutritionists and learn to eat like a pro. He’ll also contribute to improve his weakest areas.

    He may not prove to be a first ballot HOF talent.... but he won’t go bust.

    While my heart is set in Zion, so a I can watch mRob and ZW block every shot.... I can settle and live with jA and RJ (who both may turn out to be better scorers).

  9. #114
    12th man
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    11,760
    Rep Power
    31

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mafra View Post
    Forget about his game, b/c in terms of maturity, athleticism and intangibles... he’s on par with LeBron.

    Zion arrived at Duke, much like LJ his rookie year, preceded by years of hype and legend.

    Zion lived up to the hype (and then some). The weight of expectations did not detail Zion.

    It doesn’t matter an inch or two bc his leaping is tremendous.... and, like AD, LJ, KD... Zion is swift like a guard in a big man’s body.

    Also, like LJ, he is a smart player, willing to play defense, and is a natural leader.

    Remember, he began season as a top 5 pick but proved to be 1st puck by who he handled himself.

    His body weight concerns me but he’ll get with nutritionists and learn to eat like a pro. He’ll also contribute to improve his weakest areas.

    He may not prove to be a first ballot HOF talent.... but he won’t go bust.

    While my heart is set in Zion, so a I can watch mRob and ZW block every shot.... I can settle and live with jA and RJ (who both may turn out to be better scorers).
    Nothing is certain, not even a national championship when you have a legendary coach and 4 guys expected to go in the first round of the NBA draft. Tons of guys who are 6'5", were super athletes but turned into busts. That big body is what allows him to dominate his space so I think he needs that at the next level despite the trend of getting leaner to manage the NBA grind. I don't like his shooting mechanics which may be a reason he never becomes a great shooter if it doesn't get corrected. He does have a great motor which may outweigh all his negatives.

  10. #115
    Veteran mafra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    8,839
    Rep Power
    24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tiger0330 View Post
    Nothing is certain, not even a national championship when you have a legendary coach and 4 guys expected to go in the first round of the NBA draft. Tons of guys who are 6'5", were super athletes but turned into busts. That big body is what allows him to dominate his space so I think he needs that at the next level despite the trend of getting leaner to manage the NBA grind. I don't like his shooting mechanics which may be a reason he never becomes a great shooter if it doesn't get corrected. He does have a great motor which may outweigh all his negatives.
    His big body is made more lethal by his coordination, which is crazy for a dude his size.

    Zion has been dealing with hype at every level, going back to middle school. He’s passed every test, with flying colors.

    Zion is gonna be impactful... the only question is... will he be KD AD impactful?

    Sure, anything can happen. He can sniff something and be next Len Bias.

    Zion will continue to impose his physical will in NBA. Even more so, bc teams won’t have 5 guys in the paint. With more space, Zion will be flying.

    Perfect for Zion is he’s a low usuage highly efficient scoring machine.

  11. #116
    Veteran mafra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    8,839
    Rep Power
    24

    Default

    Vandy PG Darius Garland and Virginia’s D-Hunter are mock options in the 4-5 range.

    Toss in Coby White and Mr Culver and some Euro project.... and you have your next Knickerbocker, unless Knicks trade the pick to NO for AD.

    Zion, RJ, Ja, Garland, White, Hunter, Culver...

    “De'Andre Hunter made his case as the draft's top wing defender by helping hold Jarrett Culver to 5-of-22 shooting in the national title game. Texas Tech's top scorer struggled to create any separation against the 6'7", 225-pound hybrid forward.

    Hunter came alive offensively in the second half and overtime with four three-pointers and a few tough buckets around the basket. It turned into his best offensive performance since arriving at Virginia, and he finished with a career-high 27 point.”

  12. #117
    12th man
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    11,760
    Rep Power
    31

    Default

    Not impressed with Culver after the tourney except for his length. Thought the Knicks brass was intrigued with him when they left the Clips game early to watch him in person but I doubt it now. RJ, Hunter > Culver

  13. #118
    12th man
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    12,321
    Rep Power
    31

    Default

    The Knicks having the worst record in the league has the same equal chances as the teams listed below at getting Zion on draft night ....

    Knicks .. Zion & MitchRob .... A NBA star FA signing with the Dolan family ha ha ha ha !!!
    Suns .. Zion & Ayton & Booker
    Bulls .. Zion & Carter Jr. & Lavine/Dunn
    Cavs .. Zion & Nance & Sexton
    Hawks .. Zion & (ROY) Trae Young

  14. #119
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    7,519
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Patrick Ewing reportedly to represent the Knicks on draft lottery night.

  15. #120
    Veteran mafra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    8,839
    Rep Power
    24

    Default

    NY Post

    Patrick Ewing is no longer the Knicks’ “secret” draft lottery weapon.

    The team’s last No. 1 overall pick will be the one trying to help the Knicks land their next one at the NBA draft lottery on May 14. Ewing, currently the head coach at Georgetown, will represent the Knicks on the dais, The Post’s Marc Berman has confirmed. ESPN was the first to officially report Ewing’s involvement.

    Current Knicks general manager Scott Perry represented the team in 2018 when the Knicks landed the ninth pick and Kevin Knox. Walt Frazier did the honors in 2017 as they received the eighth selection and ended up taking Frank Ntilikina.

    The franchise is hoping for more from Ewing, who is able to do it despite being a college coach because he is a team legend. The Knicks finished with the worst record in the NBA 17-65 and have a 14 percent chance of landing the top slot and the potential to draft Duke star Zion Williamson, who has yet to declare for the draft. Ewing was the No. 1 overall pick by the Knicks in 1985 after Dave DeBusschere celebrated on the dais when the top spot was assured.

    The Hall of Famer hinted at taking up the task on Thursday during an appearance on his Georgetown radio show, via 247Sports.

    There’s a secret that’s going to come out in a couple of weeks, but I’m not going to say it yet,” Ewing said on the show. “They’ll see when it happens.”

    It’s a secret no longer.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: Feb 01, 2012, 20:29
  2. Our Road to the Conference Finals
    By Deathstroke in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: Mar 08, 2011, 10:52
  3. Knicks are road kill
    By newmove in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: Nov 16, 2004, 09:16
  4. Rough road ahead
    By newmove in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: Nov 03, 2004, 12:01
  5. ROAD KILL
    By kriss childs in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: Oct 30, 2004, 16:06

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •