1628422.png

201162.png
203943.png

1628386.png
1629011.png

Injury Report

Brooklyn NetsNew York Knicks
DeMarre Carroll - Right ankle arthroscopy (OUT)-
Treveon Graham - Left hamstring strain (OUT)Emmanuel Mudiay - Sprained right ankle (QUEST)
Rodions Kurucs - Left ankle sprain (OUT)Kevin Knox - Sprained left ankle (OUT)
Theo Pinson - G League ? Two-Way (OUT)Courtney Lee - Neck spasms (OUT)
Alan Williams - G League ? Two-Way (OUT)Kristaps Porzingis - Left knee (OUT)

Game Preview

If their respective performances against the Golden State Warriors are any indication, the New York Knicks are in for a world of hurt on Monday night as they host Brooklyn Nets at 7:30 p.m.

After the Knicks were demolished, 128-100 against the Warriors in a game that featured a 47-16 fourth quarter for the Dubs the Nets took Golden State down to the wire in a 120-114 loss on Sunday.

The difference between the two games, and the two cross-town rivals?

Brooklyn's offense showed up against the Warriors, particularly in a 37-27 fourth quarter, when the Nets' comeback barely fell short. Allen Crabbe had three 3-pointers in the first five minutes of the fourth and the Nets cut it to two with 1 minute, 55 seconds left before Kevin Durant hit a pullup jumper and Stephen Curry a 3-pointer down the stretch.

"I felt like we did get stronger as the game went on," Nets coach Kenny Atkinson said. "I thought that the guys really made a second push. I thought it was a good effort in the second half. Listen, I don't think the crowd was pleased with our first half, the coach wasn't pleased, the players weren't pleased, so we were - at halftime it wasn't pleasant in there because I don't think we played up to our capabilities. So, just to see us play Nets basketball in the second half, that gives us some encouragement going in to tomorrow night's game."

The Nets stayed true against the Warriors in the first quarter, staying within three as they opened the second, but then they laid an egg with 20 points as Golden State stretched its lead to 14 points at the break.

But the Nets were respectable in third quarter, as well, as Golden State only managed a 30-28 edge.

"I felt like the effort - the defensive effort - especially on the boards," Atkinson said. "This team, you can't give multiple shots. I know they didn't have a ton of offensive rebounds but I thought they had three or four that they just outhustled us and you're just not going to have a chance - you're going to be down 20 - against a talented team like that."

The Knicks learned that the hard way in the fourth quarter of their 28-point loss on Friday, when Kevin Durant had 25 of his game-high 41 points.

"He's special. I don't have to describe it to understand what you just saw," Knicks coach David Fizdale said after the game. "There's one guy maybe in the world that does that at that level. The shot he makes. The places he can get. It's special."

After falling to Golden State's terrific twosome of Durant and Stephen Curry on Friday, now the Knicks have to handle Brooklyn's one-two punch of De'Angelo Russell and Chris LeVert, a duo that poured in 48 points on Sunday.

"I think we complement each other," Russell said after the game. "I think we are both able to play off the ball. We just flow. We have a chemistry that's connecting well together. I think our next step is getting other guys involved and finishing games at the same point at the same time. Yeah, it's early, but I think all summer we got that vibe. We watched film. We break it down together. We see the same things, so it allows us to connect on the court."

(STATS / cbssports.com)

mafra

Legend
Here?s to the new starting 5 continuing the positive momentum.

Kanter?s true colors surfacing... if he?s. It happy about losing his starting job then play some team defense.

tiger0330

Legend
THJ should be starting along with Frank at PG. Nets should have beaten a good Pels team their last game but with 7 secs left and a 1 pt lead Russell threw a pass over Laverts head for a TO and Holiday hit the game winner off it. I'd say the Nets are the better team at the moment.

It?s funny. A few games ago the talk was about keeping Kanter long-term. Now, it?s pretty clear to me our front office has no intention of resigning him at the end of this season. The sad thing for Kanter is that he protected his money this season by opting in, but now his next contract might get compromised if his minutes get restricted this season as part of our youth movement.

Really curious to see what Fizdale does with Mudiay.

mafra

Legend
Robinson takes Timmy miss and jams it....

Knits nails another 3...

Nets on pace to shoot 90 threes

mafra

Legend
Vonleh with a monster jam. Clyde goes ?The Wrath of Vonleh?. He?s like a slimmer Anthony Mason

Ladies and gents... this is our starting 5 for now...

mafra

Legend
Yeah, really like how they already seem to have some chemistry.

Vonleh throws down a serious dunk on the pass from THJ.

Our future need minutes together. This, above all, matters the most for now. They certainly look the part ...

tiger0330

Legend
It’s funny. A few games ago the talk was about keeping Kanter long-term. Now, it’s pretty clear to me our front office has no intention of resigning him at the end of this season. The sad thing for Kanter is that he protected his money this season by opting in, but now his next contract might get compromised if his minutes get restricted this season as part of our youth movement.

Really curious to see what Fizdale does with Mudiay.
Lets see how MRob and Vonlegh do before writing off Kanter. Fiz may start him again after this latest lineup.

mafra

Legend
Lets see how MRob and Vonlegh do before writing off Kanter. Fiz may start him again after this latest lineup.

It?s not so much as writing off Kanter, it?s more not tolerating selfish aims. If a guy is gonna complain about getting relegated to the second unit 2 weeks into the season... there?s a problem. We can?t afford having a vet poison the kids.

Love Kanter?s passion and competitiveness. He?s a monster in the paint and on the boards, but he?s a liability in the floor despite those elite attributes.

Plus, he?s going to want too much to stay here next season anyway...

If he accepts his role and backs Fizdale?s decisions, and re-signs for a team-friendly deal... I?m all for him staying. If he wants to rock the boat... we?ll, we lose 50 games with him so we can lose 50 without him.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Went to my first Knicks game ten years ago today. It was the home opener against the Heat. Saw Spoelstra's first game as head coach and Beasley's first NBA game. Saw D-Wade make a reverse lay-up. For the Knicks it was D'Antoni's and Gallinari's first game. Saw Nate Robinson, David Lee, Wilson Chandler who dunked on the Heat, Jamal Crawford, Z-Bo, and Clyde from a distance, though I don't know if I was sure until I saw a replay later that day (does MSG still have Knicks In 60?) I recorded Knicks In 60 or a full replay on VHS. A lot has changed in ten years as fast as it has felt.

Go, Knicks:gony:!!!

Really would like this team to try to make something out of Hezonja. He?s got great length and a smoothness to his offensive game. He passes well. His size and athleticism could allow him to become functional on defense.

Kanter getting the 2nd quarter minutes with our starters while MRob stays on the bench. Kanter knows how to rack up the double doubles, even in the 1st half.