Game thread: New York Knicks vs New Jersey Nets 7:30 10/29/2018 [Game #7]

Kiyaman

Legend
Timmy to MitchRob alleyoop !!!

Well .. what can I say other than this has been the best performance i seen from the Knicks this season ..
Frank Dotson and Timmy co-existed well tonight .. and my best draft pick MitchRob had a nice night on both sides of the court.
Im looking for Burke to have a nice scoring 4th qtr.

Garbage time PG minutes going to Baker. Mudiay sees no playing time tonight. I do wonder if Fizdale has a plan for Mudiay or if this is it for him.

Story of the game was MRob, Vonleh, Dotson, THJ, and Ntilikina dominating the 3rd quarter out of the half. Nets made a couple runs but never got it close again.

mafra

Legend
Nets played GSW last night and were on the road... Knicks had to win this game.

With that said, the kids looked good and that?s all that count. Hopefully they keep it up and show max free agents that the building blocks are in place.

Knits, Robinson, Vonleh, Dotson, Trier... Knox and KP... Mario and Timmy... Burke. Lots of youth.

mafra

Legend
16-5-4 for a Knits
25-5-8 for Timmy
12-5-2 for Trier
10-5 for Dotson

So nice to have NBA guards again.

11-4-1 for Mario
15-15-2 for Kanter
8-10-2 for Vonleh
11 points for Mitch

tiger0330

Legend
attachment.php

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 19

mafra

Legend
Rasheed Wallace may or may not be a long-term coaching consultant for the Knicks, but he?s certainly worth keeping around for the time being, especially if he continues to have the impact he has had so far.

The former Knick and world champion with the Pistons spent the last few days working with project center Mitchell Robinson, who responded with perhaps his best performance of the season in Monday night?s 115-96 triumph over the Nets at Madison Square Garden.

The win snapped a five-game losing streak and Robinson?s performance earned him several ovations. The 7-foot-1 rookie was a presence at both ends of the floor, scoring 11 points, blocking one shot and grabbing three rebounds in 15 minutes of duty. He was 5-of-5 from the field with most of his points coming off dunks, some of them spectacular. His signature play of the night came when he stole a pass intended for Nets center Jarrett Allen and went the length of the floor before powering through a one-handed dunk that gave the Knicks a 58-44 lead.

?Mitch is kind of tentative sometimes because he?s new,? Tim Hardaway Jr. said. ?It?s good to have Sheed, a guy that?s loud, that?s active and brings the best out of you. That?s what he did with Mitch and Mitch showed it tonight.?

Wallace worked extensively with the 20-year-old Robinson at practice on Sunday and before Monday?s game. It?s part of Fizdale?s plan to have selected former NBA players share their knowledge with his young team. Fizdale has already reached out to former Pistons and Knicks guard Chauncey Billups to work out a date when he can visit with his Knicks. Hall of Famer and current Georgetown coach Patrick Ewing paid an earlier visit as did Knicks legend and two-time world champion Walt ?Clyde? Frazier.

?They can give them perspective that I can?t,? Fizdale reasoned. ?I didn?t play in the league. I didn?t go through the ups and downs of the league from a player?s perspective. There?s a lot of guys in this league that you crossed paths with or have been a part of this organization long before me that I feel like have an insight that I can never give them about being a New York Knick and about being an NBA player.?

Robinson wore a headband Monday night, but not as a tribute to Wallace. ?I just wanted to try something new,? he said. His play was more of a tribute. Robinson?s footwork, positioning and leverage were much improved. ?I was thinking in my head about everything he was telling me, like get behind the defense and use my voice,? Robinson said. ?That?s what I did.?

?Sheed knows how to communicate that very well,? Fizdale said. ?This is almost a college team. I want to give them all the resources and all the education that I can possibly give them and hopefully that fast tracks them through this year.?

(Rest of the article)

https://nypost.com/2018/10/29/this-is-exactly-why-the-knicks-brought-in-rasheed-wallace/

Kiyaman

Legend
Right Now .. Im only interested in the Knick mismanagement (Dolan/Mills/Perry/Fizdale) hiring Rasheed Wallace to be a part of the Knicks coaching-staff this season to mentor MitchRob / Vonleh / Kanter / and KP into becoming next season Bigman-rotation.
And if the Knicks could get Chauncey Billup on the coaching-staff too!
Then I will believe the young-core development season is ON !!!
Bout Time !!!

Tonite Game .. prove the Nets are not condition for Back to Back games in the next month or two SMH
This were the best game i seen Timmy perform in his 5 yr career .. should i expect Timmy to perform like tonight in the next game vs Pacers Oladipo /Tyreke Evans /and Collison ???