Game thread: New York Knicks vs New Jersey Nets 7:30 10/29/2018 [Game #7]

Nice 1st half. Knicks lead by 8. I like that Fizdale is showing loyalty to Kanter, but MRob didn?t play at all in the 2nd quarter and has only played 6 minutes overall. Need to see more of him in the 2nd half.

tiger0330

Legend
Knicks up by 8 52-44 at the half after being down by 9 early on. Kanter still the man, leading the scoring with 10. Nets are 5-22 from 3, have to continue limiting their 3 or shooting the 2nd half.

mafra

Legend
I think Nets started 4-5 from downtown... Have missed 16 straight? Yikes.

Yeah, Mitchell needs some burn. Let?s hope he plays the majority of the third Q.
Knits is 2-7 but I don?t care... 8-3-3 is solid first half.

tiger0330

Legend
It’s not so much as writing off Kanter, it’s more not tolerating selfish aims. If a guy is gonna complain about getting relegated to the second unit 2 weeks into the season... there’s a problem. We can’t afford having a vet poison the kids.

Love Kanter’s passion and competitiveness. He’s a monster in the paint and on the boards, but he’s a liability in the floor despite those elite attributes.

Plus, he’s going to want too much to stay here next season anyway...

If he accepts his role and backs Fizdale’s decisions, and re-signs for a team-friendly deal... I’m all for him staying. If he wants to rock the boat... we’ll, we lose 50 games with him so we can lose 50 without him.
Big men with skills like his aren't commanding the big contracts in the modern NBA. Turner signed a 72M 4yr deal, I don't think Perry would be interested in a deal that long but maybe for a 2 year deal

KNICKS MOB

Benchwarmer
It’s not so much as writing off Kanter, it’s more not tolerating selfish aims. If a guy is gonna complain about getting relegated to the second unit 2 weeks into the season... there’s a problem. We can’t afford having a vet poison the kids.

Love Kanter’s passion and competitiveness. He’s a monster in the paint and on the boards, but he’s a liability in the floor despite those elite attributes.

Plus, he’s going to want too much to stay here next season anyway...

If he accepts his role and backs Fizdale’s decisions, and re-signs for a team-friendly deal... I’m all for him staying. If he wants to rock the boat... we’ll, we lose 50 games with him so we can lose 50 without him.

I doubt he's gonna be team friendly with his money, specially cuz he knows other teams will most likely pay him more than he's worth. I have a feeling he will leave after the season.

MRob with the perimeter steal and then goes the distance for the dunk. MRob has the potential to be something special.

mafra

Legend
I doubt he's gonna be team friendly with his money, specially cuz he knows other teams will most likely pay him more than he's worth. I have a feeling he will leave after the season.

Kanter should be able to help a playoff team. Why not?

Nets no match for our new starting unit. Our guys have stretched the lead to 24 led by some exciting plays from MRob.

Kiyaman

Legend
Thanks Rady for the nice Game-Thread .. Last night the Nets did a much better job holding off GS Warriors 4th quarter Rally!

Im not crazy bout how Fizdale are experimenting on the Starter lineup .. I hope Fiz find a lineup and stick with it .. I hope this dont affect the young-core players development SMH

Frank spose to be hitting Kanter down low 5 to 10 times a game .. Mitchel Donavan hit Gobert with a bout 5 to 10 passes a game, Harden hit Capela, Westbrook hit Adam, Holiday got Anthony Davis .. com'on Frank and Burke learn how to hit Kanter and MitchRob in the post on a regular !!!