Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by tiger0330 View Post
    Lets see how MRob and Vonlegh do before writing off Kanter. Fiz may start him again after this latest lineup.

Itís not so much as writing off Kanter, itís more not tolerating selfish aims. If a guy is gonna complain about getting relegated to the second unit 2 weeks into the season... thereís a problem. We canít afford having a vet poison the kids.

Love Kanterís passion and competitiveness. Heís a monster in the paint and on the boards, but heís a liability in the floor despite those elite attributes.

Plus, heís going to want too much to stay here next season anyway...

If he accepts his role and backs Fizdaleís decisions, and re-signs for a team-friendly deal... Iím all for him staying. If he wants to rock the boat... weíll, we lose 50 games with him so we can lose 50 without him.

Went to my first Knicks game ten years ago today. It was the home opener against the Heat. Saw Spoelstra's first game as head coach and Beasley's first NBA game. Saw D-Wade make a reverse lay-up. For the Knicks it was D'Antoni's and Gallinari's first game. Saw Nate Robinson, David Lee, Wilson Chandler who dunked on the Heat, Jamal Crawford, Z-Bo, and Clyde from a distance, though I don't know if I was sure until I saw a replay later that day (does MSG still have Knicks In 60?) I recorded Knicks In 60 or a full replay on VHS. A lot has changed in ten years as fast as it has felt.

Go, Knicks!!!

Sig made by Sons of Thunder

Veteran

Coach Fizdaleís 1st tech of the season?

Veteran

Really would like this team to try to make something out of Hezonja. Heís got great length and a smoothness to his offensive game. He passes well. His size and athleticism could allow him to become functional on defense.

Veteran

Kanter getting the 2nd quarter minutes with our starters while MRob stays on the bench. Kanter knows how to rack up the double doubles, even in the 1st half.

8 points and 9 rebounds for Kanter... talk with your play, buddy! Nice. The Turk

Veteran

THJ having a nice 2nd quarter, but just got rocked to his face taking a charge.

Veteran

THJ jogs to the locker room with blood pouring out of either his nose or mouth.

Veteran

Nice 1st half. Knicks lead by 8. I like that Fizdale is showing loyalty to Kanter, but MRob didnít play at all in the 2nd quarter and has only played 6 minutes overall. Need to see more of him in the 2nd half.

12th man

Knicks up by 8 52-44 at the half after being down by 9 early on. Kanter still the man, leading the scoring with 10. Nets are 5-22 from 3, have to continue limiting their 3 or shooting the 2nd half.

I think Nets started 4-5 from downtown... Have missed 16 straight? Yikes.

Yeah, Mitchell needs some burn. Letís hope he plays the majority of the third Q.
    Knits is 2-7 but I donít care... 8-3-3 is solid first half.

12th man

Quote Originally Posted by mafra View Post
    It’s not so much as writing off Kanter, it’s more not tolerating selfish aims. If a guy is gonna complain about getting relegated to the second unit 2 weeks into the season... there’s a problem. We can’t afford having a vet poison the kids.

Love Kanter’s passion and competitiveness. He’s a monster in the paint and on the boards, but he’s a liability in the floor despite those elite attributes.

Plus, he’s going to want too much to stay here next season anyway...

If he accepts his role and backs Fizdale’s decisions, and re-signs for a team-friendly deal... I’m all for him staying. If he wants to rock the boat... we’ll, we lose 50 games with him so we can lose 50 without him.
    Big men with skills like his aren't commanding the big contracts in the modern NBA. Turner signed a 72M 4yr deal, I don't think Perry would be interested in a deal that long but maybe for a 2 year deal

58-44... Mitchell going bananas.

Quote Originally Posted by mafra View Post
    It’s not so much as writing off Kanter, it’s more not tolerating selfish aims. If a guy is gonna complain about getting relegated to the second unit 2 weeks into the season... there’s a problem. We can’t afford having a vet poison the kids.

Love Kanter’s passion and competitiveness. He’s a monster in the paint and on the boards, but he’s a liability in the floor despite those elite attributes.

Plus, he’s going to want too much to stay here next season anyway...

If he accepts his role and backs Fizdale’s decisions, and re-signs for a team-friendly deal... I’m all for him staying. If he wants to rock the boat... we’ll, we lose 50 games with him so we can lose 50 without him.
    I doubt he's gonna be team friendly with his money, specially cuz he knows other teams will most likely pay him more than he's worth. I have a feeling he will leave after the season.

Veteran

MRob with the perimeter steal and then goes the distance for the dunk. MRob has the potential to be something special.