Game thread: New York Knicks @ Dallas Mavericks 11/2/2018 [Game #9]

Knicks lead 89 - 77 after 3 quarters.

This 4th quarter is going to say a lot about this team and what it hopes to achieve this season. You blow a 12 point lead in the 4th quarter on the road against a 2 - 6 team and you are going to take a big hit to morale.

Mudiay knocks down a nice jumper and then hits a fade on the next possession for his 1st four points of the night.

Mavs have no answer for Trier. Blows by them for the easy layup and lead is 17. 1st road win of the season for Knicks? Still too early. Need to try to break this wide open.

Mudiay goes right by DSJ for 2. Walt thinks this could be a breakout game for him. Mudiay misses the 3, but MRob gets the offensive board and draws the foul.

DSJ hits the 3 and now has 20 points. Has done almost all of it against Mudiay or Burke. Ntilikina finally gets back into the game with a little over 6 minutes to go.

Ntilikina forces DSJ?s 5th turnover and then causes him to miss his next shot. Too bad Ntilikina has struggled so much on offense tonight.

Ntilikina goes right at DSJ and draws the foul. DSJ steps over him. Guess these 2 aren?t friends anymore.

Trier blows right by DSJ on the iso play and DSJ has to shove him in the back to prevent another layup. Trier hits the free throws, now with 21.

People on here know I don't like DSJ, so I'm biased, but I'm still going to call it like I saw it tonight.

DSJ had 23 points tonight, sure. He did most of his scoring against Burke and Mudiay when he was rotated against our 2nd unit. He had 0 assists. He's supposed to be a PG. He had no steals, no blocks, and 6 turnovers. He shot 5 for 10 from the free throw line, including an air ball from the line. Knicks successfully attacked his defense on multiple occasions, especially in the 4th quarter where he had to resort to fouling both Trier and Ntilikina after they got around him.

Ntilikina had a bad scoring night, shooting 2 for 4 from 2-point range, but 0 for 4 for 3-pointers. He had 7 assists though. He had 3 steals and a block. The backcourt of Ntilikina plus THJ or Trier worked.

That said, the real story of the night was MRob outplayed Jordan and Trier was dominant off the bench.

Last edited:

KNICKS MOB

Benchwarmer
Great game by our squad :gony:

A lot of players stepped up today. The rookies Trier/MRob are unbelievable. Frank had 7 points/7 assists/3 steals/1 block. I'd take that over 23 points/0 assists/6 turnovers every ****ing time.

We play against the 1-7 Wizards on Sunday. Easy dub right there :smokin:

Kiyaman

Legend
People on here know I don't like DSJ, so I'm bias, but I'm still going to call it like I saw it tonight.

DSJ had 23 points tonight, sure. He did most of his scoring against Burke and Mudiay when he was rotated against our 2nd unit. He had 0 assists. He's supposed to be a PG. He had no steals, no blocks, and 6 turnovers. He shot 5 for 10 from the free throw line, including an air ball from the line. Knicks successfully attacked his defense on multiple occasions, especially in the 4th quarter where he had to resort to fouling both Trier and Ntilikina after they got around him.

Ntilikina had a bad scoring night, shooting 2 for 4 from 2-point range, but 0 for 4 for 3-pointers. He had 7 assists though. He had 3 steals and a block. The backcourt of Ntilikina plus THJ or Trier worked.

That said, the real story of the night was MRob outplayed Jordan and Trier was dominate off the bench.

Any time someone mention Mavs DSJ .. Shout-out Trier Trier Trier 23 pts in 24 minute on 8-10 fga !!!

MitchRob double-double performance made my Firday night Knicks !!!

mafra

Legend
That was a solid win on the road. A true team victory. Dotson and MRob and Super Mario led the early charge, Trier a dynamo, and everybody played their part. Mudiay was really decisive, and impactful.

This is how Perry envisioned the rebuild youth movement, with Fizdale?s style.

8 lottery picks (KP, Knox, Knits, Kanter, Vonleh, Mudiay, Burke, Herzonja), Timmy Hardaway Jr., and the 3 second rounders (Dotson, MRob Trier)....

If they play like this free agents will notice the foundation setting, and on Broadway?s stage.

Last edited:

Broadway

All Star
People on here know I don't like DSJ, so I'm biased, but I'm still going to call it like I saw it tonight.

That said, the real story of the night was MRob outplayed Jordan and Trier was dominant off the bench.

I thought both were pretty meh and DSJ has had a bad stretch of inefficient play, although productive. Not what you want to see from a "point guard" no doubt, but Knits was for the most part disconnected had some sloppy turnovers himself. Got beat a few times by DSJ off the dribble. They were not the highlight nor comps of the game. The rest of our kids had an impactful night though, they were great

tiger0330

Legend
That was a good teamm they beat. DJ Barnes Matthews Doncic DSJ etal. Bet Fiz has found his starting lineup and 2nd u poinit.