Game thread: New York Knicks vs Chicago Bulls 7:30 11/5/2018 [Game #11]

The Dragon

Benchwarmer
In spite of all the happiness about our new players, but i think it is a bad loss. we should've dominated the bulls and the wizards.
How many times we have to see Lavin beat Dot ? we have many fresh legs on the bench who can do much better job, or at least put somebody in the paint who can help !!!
Although Enes had a record breaking night with all the effort, rebounds and all, but his lack of defense is strange, it is as if he is 6.1 player, the offence do not fear him at all, he doesn't even jump some times!!!! even on offense, he always try to shoot the reverse instead of shaking the ring with powerful dunk.... the guy has no lift at all......

jimkcchief88

All Star
I give you guys who watch these ?Knicks? night in and night out a lot of credit. You wanna know why Levine and Kanter had career nights? Because they were about the only two actual NBA players in that game last night. Shame what two once proud franchises and what a good rivalry has come to. Yes the refs mercifully ended that game last night or it would have gone on like a bad pick up game. I would say it was like watching a women?s game but that would be an insult because the gals shoot better. And Frank???? Zero points. ZERO. And if he was the defensive stopper you guys keep talking about then he would have been on Zach but instead Frank was on the BENCH in the 2nd half because he is liability on both ends of the floor. That was excitingly bad basketball last night and that was a very depleted Bulls team that is tanking as well. Like I said I give you guys all the credit in the world for watching this abomination of a team. One more lottery pick+max free agent will not = playoffs even with KP6 back next season. These guys are light years from being a legit NBA team:(

tiger0330

Legend
I give you guys who watch these ?Knicks? night in and night out a lot of credit. You wanna know why Levine and Kanter had career nights? Because they were about the only two actual NBA players in that game last night. Shame what two once proud franchises and what a good rivalry has come to. Yes the refs mercifully ended that game last night or it would have gone on like a bad pick up game. I would say it was like watching a women?s game but that would be an insult because the gals shoot better. And Frank???? Zero points. ZERO. And if he was the defensive stopper you guys keep talking about then he would have been on Zach but instead Frank was on the BENCH in the 2nd half because he is liability on both ends of the floor. That was excitingly bad basketball last night and that was a very depleted Bulls team that is tanking as well. Like I said I give you guys all the credit in the world for watching this abomination of a team. One more lottery pick+max free agent will not = playoffs even with KP6 back next season. These guys are light years from being a legit NBA team:(

In spite of all the happiness about our new players, but i think it is a bad loss. we should've dominated the bulls and the wizards.
How many times we have to see Lavin beat Dot ? we have many fresh legs on the bench who can do much better job, or at least put somebody in the paint who can help !!!
Although Enes had a record breaking night with all the effort, rebounds and all, but his lack of defense is strange, it is as if he is 6.1 player, the offence do not fear him at all, he doesn't even jump some times!!!! even on offense, he always try to shoot the reverse instead of shaking the ring with powerful dunk.... the guy has no lift at all......
Have to see what this team looks like with KP. I'd like to see him play this season, maybe around the ASG, when the rotations should be decided and our young players have NBA experience under their belt. I think KP will play this season because it would be crazy to sign him to a max extension without seeing how he looks before deciding to lock him up for 154M. It'll be interesting to see what they decide to do if he bombs when he comes back, I wouldn't want to make the decision to sign him to that kind of dough if he bombs.

Kiyaman

Legend
Originally Posted by jimkcchief88
I give you guys who watch these “Knicks” night in and night out a lot of credit. You wanna know why Levine and Kanter had career nights? Because they were about the only two actual NBA players in that game last night. Shame what two once proud franchises and what a good rivalry has come to. Yes the refs mercifully ended that game last night or it would have gone on like a bad pick up game. I would say it was like watching a women’s game but that would be an insult because the gals shoot better. And Frank???? Zero points. ZERO. And if he was the defensive stopper you guys keep talking about then he would have been on Zach but instead Frank was on the BENCH in the 2nd half because he is liability on both ends of the floor. That was excitingly bad basketball last night and that was a very depleted Bulls team that is tanking as well. Like I said I give you guys all the credit in the world for watching this abomination of a team. One more lottery pick+max free agent will not = playoffs even with KP6 back next season. These guys are light years from being a legit NBA team

Originally Posted by The Dragon

Have to see what this team looks like with KP. I'd like to see him play this season, maybe around the ASG, when the rotations should be decided and our young players have NBA experience under their belt. I think KP will play this season because it would be crazy to sign him to a max extension without seeing how he looks before deciding to lock him up for 154M. It'll be interesting to see what they decide to do if he bombs when he comes back, I wouldn't want to make the decision to sign him to that kind of dough if he bombs.

Im sorry to say .. both of the Knicks back to back games were Suspect!
Losing to a 1-7 team, then the next night losing to a 2-8 team .. Suspect!
Last night Knick starter lineup vs a weak Bulls team were Suspect!
The Knicks rotation in both games were Suspect!
The Knicks 4th quarter lineups in both games were Suspect!

Wsup with Fizdale love for Mudiay?
Mudiay should not have been in either of the Knicks back to back games, especially if FortKnox were gonna make a return.
Both Knicks opponents in the back to back depended on their high scoring Guards Wall & Beal, and Lavine & Holiday, making both games a big test for the Knicks 2nd season defensive guard Frank Nitty .. Frank receive 23 minute vs Wizards Wall & Beal who combine for 48 points, then Frank receive 16 minute vs Bulls Lavine who scored 41 points .. all 3 of our opponents high scoring guards received 35+ minute of playingtime WTF !!!
I cant blame a 30 minute Frank for either of the Losses, I cant blame the Starter lineup or the Finisher lineup for either game losses, I can blame the coach for the different changes in the rotation and lineups in both games.
Frank & Dotson plus Kanter & MitchRob should have received 30+ minute in each of both games for film sake vs scoring guards.

As much as i believe rookie Trier are our best scorer on the Knicks roster, I still believe Trier should not have been in the Starter lineup last night .. Trier energy would have been a better weapon for the Knicks coming off the bench as the 6th man to shock the Bulls like he did vs the Wizards, and Mavs. Yes! Trier performance has been proving he belong in the Knicks Finisher lineup at the end of games.
Trey Burke should have been put back in the Starter lineup last night to replace injured Timmy.
It would have been the test Trey Burke are looking for from the coach to prove he could start too !!!

Kiyaman

Legend
I commend your tough stance on Fizdale, Kiya. TBH after games like these it should make all us Knick fans question the motives of the coach.

At the same time, it's his first year here so I feel like we should give him the benefit of the doubt.
The best thing he's doing is giving the young players a chance to blossom, instead of just putting the veterans in for most of the game and wasting a rebuilding year on them.
Lets give him a year and then judge him on everything he's done.

Fizdale gets no sympathy from me after being FIRED from the Memphis Grizzlies by the players.
Fizdale dont have any experience developing young or veteran players into a winning team ..
Fizdale's experiment lineups and coaching plays after a time-out last night prove that.
Both the Knicks back to back games were as if we still had Hornacek coaching the games.

Developing young-core players into winning NBA players takes an experience veteran head coach, having a same-page veteran coaching-staff.
Fizdale has none of the above .. Fizdale's many experimenting lineups before the 10th game of the season, has showed no team-ball development in the young core players !!!

Kiyaman

Legend
Clyde said Trier reminds him of another undrafted SG... J-Starks.

https://nypost.com/2018/11/06/the-knicks-may-have-walked-into-the-next-john-starks/

Trier and MitchRob Knick Jerseys I have to get for my wife and me.
Last night game vs Bulls .. Trier game was off and playing sloppy in the first 3 quarters he turned it up in the 4th and overtime.
Bringing Trier off the bench as the 6th man was a bright decision after Knox injury .. why mess up a good decision by putting Trier in the starting lineup, when we needed to give Burke and Kanter some confidence by putting both of them back in the starting lineup after the LOSS to the Washington Wizards.

Coach Fizdale was ask if the last second play that saw Kanter hoist up a 42 foot 3 point attempt was what he drew up.
He said kanter was our 3rd option because he was one of our better bigs who can shoot from there .. Wow WTF!
Kanter has taken maybe 2 3's on the season, both were to beat the shot clock.
You know why Kanter was so open, nobody in there right mind gave him more than a 1% chance of making that shot.
Why not have your 4 best shooters in the game ???

KNICKS MOB

Benchwarmer
Trier and MitchRob Knick Jerseys I have to get for my wife and me.
Last night game vs Bulls .. Trier game was off and playing sloppy in the first 3 quarters he turned it up in the 4th and overtime.
Bringing Trier off the bench as the 6th man was a bright decision after Knox injury .. why mess up a good decision by putting Trier in the starting lineup, when we needed to give Burke and Kanter some confidence by putting both of them back in the starting lineup after the LOSS to the Washington Wizards.

Coach Fizdale was ask if the last second play that saw Kanter hoist up a 42 foot 3 point attempt was what he drew up.
He said kanter was our 3rd option because he was one of our better bigs who can shoot from there .. Wow WTF!
Kanter has taken maybe 2 3's on the season, both were to beat the shot clock.
You know why Kanter was so open, nobody in there right mind gave him more than a 1% chance of making that shot.
Why not have your 4 best shooters in the game ???

Burke doesn?t know how to lead a team, that?s why mudiay is getting more playing time.

He put No Fear Trier in the starting line up cause he wants to see what he can do in different game situations. After Timmy and Kanter, Trier has been the best offensive weapon we got so we can?t just relegate him to the bench.

Kiyaman

Legend
Burke doesn?t know how to lead a team, that?s why mudiay is getting more playing time.

He put No Fear Trier in the starting line up cause he wants to see what he can do in different game situations. After Timmy and Kanter, Trier has been the best offensive weapon we got so we can?t just relegate him to the bench.

We didnt lose the last two games we should have won from poor offense, we lost those games from poor-poor defense .. Lavine scored 41 points at will throughout each quarter on 3 Knick players Trier/Dotson/and Kanter (watch the highlights), if our guards had a backcourt defense to hold Lavine to 25 pts the Knicks would have won. The Knicks starters should have been Burke/Frank/Dotson/Vonleh/Kanter.