Game thread: New York Knicks @ Atlanta Hawks 11/7/2018 [Game #12]

That’s cool you guys are right Frank is awesome meanwhile around the NBA our former PG DRose is going ham again um um um:)

Derrick Rose? I thought you were in love with DSJ and his sweet 34 turnovers for 38 assists this season. 50% of the time he passes it for the score and 50% of the time he passes it to the fans, it?s win-win!

jimkcchief88

All Star
Derrick Rose? I thought you were in love with DSJ and his sweet 34 turnovers for 38 assists this season. 50% of the time he passes it for the score and 50% of the time he passes it to the fans, it’s win-win!
At this point I’m in love with ANY starting NBA PG because we still don’t have one on our roster:( btw D-Rose is balling up in Minnie for league minimum.

At this point I’m in love with ANY starting NBA PG because we still don’t have one on our roster:( btw D-Rose is balling up in Minnie for league minimum.

I like Ntilikina, but I agree with you about not having a true starter quality NBA PG on the roster.

Broadway

All Star

No kidding some Knick fans need to cut the crap!. TY appears to have problems playing against Knits and good for Knits making life miserable for him so this stays in his head when we play them but again we're going overboard here. TY probably will learn to adjust to size.

Nevertheless Knits fouled the hell out of the game only playing 23min, he didn't yesterday and hasn't sparked any recent runs we've had past recent games. His +/- isn't that great...didn't some here used to try and harp on this stat when I told them how ridiculous it was...why not now? Hmmmmmmm. His shot has completely abandoned him...a very mediocre ball distributor still

No kidding some Knick fans need to cut the crap!. TY appears to have problems playing against Knits and good for Knits making life miserable for him so this stays in his head when we play them but again we're going overboard here. TY probably will learn to adjust to size.

Nevertheless Knits fouled the hell out of the game only playing 23min, he didn't yesterday and hasn't sparked any recent runs we've had past recent games. His +/- isn't that great...didn't some here used to try and harp on this stat when I told them how ridiculous it was...why not now? Hmmmmmmm. His shot has completely abandoned him...a very mediocre ball distributor still

Dude, don?t take veiled shots at people, man up and direct your comments at the person to whom you are obviously speaking.

Ntilikina has been a disappointment. Chief has been trolling the **** out of these forums with his negative comments about Ntilikina, including in game threads where he even says he is not watching the game. It has gotten old.

Broadway

All Star
Dude, don?t take veiled shots at people, man up and direct your comments at the person to whom you are obviously speaking.

Ntilikina has been a disappointment. Chief has been trolling the **** out of these forums with his negative comments about Ntilikina, including in game threads where he even says he is not watching the game. It has gotten old.

I wasn't in the game thread last night(worked yesterday)...didn't get caught up until this morning in snippets. I was grouping the +/- as I thought maybe you weren't the only one. I think we all appreciate the defensive tools Knits possesses and when he executes in game but we skew it heavily. We know TY was a personal agenda to start the season mandated directly from coach but we only play the deadly little tike 4 times/yr

We need Knits to lock up Laverts/Lavines/Oladipos/Middletons/Richardsons/Currys/Tatums you know he can cover like 3-4 positions right? If he's billed as this lockdown defender Coach and Knits need to game plan better for players not named TY.

Broadway

All Star
Donovan Mitchell welcomes Luca Doncic to the NBA. Tell me again why PJ selected Ntilikina over this kid.

But but but but he doesn't have a 7ft wingspan and 12 other teams passed on him.(rolling eyes)

Also got a kick from Begley reporting Derek Fisher said he would've never accepted the job had he known it was Triangle or Bust yet managed to get $25mil not being clear on this pivotal issue prior to acceptance. Back then though Knick fans was cramming it down my face "IN PHIL AND FISH WE TRUST"...rotflol

jimkcchief88

All Star
Dude, don’t take veiled shots at people, man up and direct your comments at the person to whom you are obviously speaking.

Well at least you don’t take “veiled” shots which is cool because I would rather deal with a straight shooter. You wanna call it “trolling” Frank that’s cool. I have the right to like who I like and dislike who I like, much like most of KO.com hated on Melo. I didn’t quite get it but a lot of what I got was “ he ain’t Lebron.” Ok well Lebron is a top 5 player in league history sooooo....but that shows the power of being compared to your contemporaries esp. from the same draft class. So it ain’t all Franks fault, but we have to compare Frank to DSjr and DM because passed on those PG’s for him. Or in economic terms “an opportunity cost.” So don’t hate on me for pointing out the obvious that Frank is no DM or even DSjr. Even though I’m not spending $$$ to watch a tank team, I do watch the national games, local games against the Bulls, and might even try to sneak up to Milltown to catch the Bucks in their new digs. I depend on you guys who see more games, but who am I to believe, your descriptions, or my lying eyes when I do get the opportunity to catch a game. Last game I saw Zach Levine was dropping a career high and Frank was on the BENCH. So when you tell me Frank “held” Trey Young I’m like “wat????” I’m an old Big 8 guy so I watched several of the OU games. Trey had his way with the entire conference at least the first half of the Big 12 season. Somebody did up some Knicks tape and show me because I didn’t see any of that against a depleted Bulls squad. Bottom line is I wouldn’t say a word if Frank was drafted at like 21 in the first round. But a lottery pick???? 8 overall??? Lol:)

Kiyaman

Legend
I guess we are swinging between winning games and developing the young core.... we want to win games of course, but in order to see what each player can give they need to play, I guess that is why the rotation is messy for coach Fiz. we have a lot of young players who can blossom into something great, but you can't know if they will or not unless you give them chance to play/start/off the bench/this position, that position...etc. still we can't help it, we want to win now if we can... so go figure... we can have more chemistry maybe if we settle on a rotation, and maybe win more games, but that means many players will not get the chance to show us what they are capable off....

Frank looks lik an intelligent player, but when we compare him to his draft class sometimes he looks slow..... although I think he will be great in couple of years once he is more aggressive, but again, he could stay like that.....

I remember somebody was saying Dot is a very good defender, is it me only or Dot really can't defend anything? players keep blowing by him ??!!

Great assessment of the Knicks .. Its been 12 games into the season, and I'm still waiting on the development of the team, and the development of the young core players. All i seen in 12 Knick games are CHAOS!
Last night the Knicks coaching were no better than the Hawks poor coaching .. both teams lacked a offensive-plan, and both teams were awful on the defensive end.

If the Knicks coaching-staff were really developing the players we would see certain offensive-plays being run each game ..
We would also see and hear Knick players positioning themselves on a half-court defensive format calling out switches.
I have not seen one decent Pick or Screen form by any of the Knick players in 12 games .. the Knicks has some decent shooters that could score easy behind a decent screen/pick in Burke/Dotson/Mario/Trier/and Frank, much better than the 38% jump-shooting we been getting from Timmy. Yet! I hasn't seen one decent screen/pick set by any Knick teammate for his Knick teammate.
Coach Fizdale has not worked on any of the Knicks big-men to set a decent screen/pick to get the ball in-bounds, or to set-up a good screen/pick for our 6.6 PG to slash and score inside on smaller defenders.
When are Fizdale going to start developing the Knicks young-core players?
When are Fizdale going to put two of the young-core players in a lineup, and play the lineup for ten straight games to see how well the lineup develop and improve in certain areas?
After 12 games fans should see what two or three players co-exist together on both sides of the court, and what players work well at being a complimenting player by improving their teammates performance at scoring, rebounding, and defending.

All the mix lineups, and changed lineups after 2 or 3 games are not a developing process for success, its CHAOS !!!

Well at least you don’t take “veiled” shots which is cool because I would rather deal with a straight shooter. You wanna call it “trolling” Frank that’s cool. I have the right to like who I like and dislike who I like, much like most of KO.com hated on Melo. I didn’t quite get it but a lot of what I got was “ he ain’t Lebron.” Ok well Lebron is a top 5 player in league history sooooo....but that shows the power of being compared to your contemporaries esp. from the same draft class. So it ain’t all Franks fault, but we have to compare Frank to DSjr and DM because passed on those PG’s for him. Or in economic terms “an opportunity cost.” So don’t hate on me for pointing out the obvious that Frank is no DM or even DSjr. Even though I’m not spending $$$ to watch a tank team, I do watch the national games, local games against the Bulls, and might even try to sneak up to Milltown to catch the Bucks in their new digs. I depend on you guys who see more games, but who am I to believe, your descriptions, or my lying eyes when I do get the opportunity to catch a game. Last game I saw Zach Levine was dropping a career high and Frank was on the BENCH. So when you tell me Frank “held” Trey Young I’m like “wat????” I’m an old Big 8 guy so I watched several of the OU games. Trey had his way with the entire conference at least the first half of the Big 12 season. Somebody did up some Knicks tape and show me because I didn’t see any of that against a depleted Bulls squad. Bottom line is I wouldn’t say a word if Frank was drafted at like 21 in the first round. But a lottery pick???? 8 overall??? Lol:)

I got no problem with you, Chief. Sometimes this team just puts me in a ****ty mood.

Kiyaman

Legend
Donovan Mitchell welcomes Luca Doncic to the NBA. Tell me again why PJ selected Ntilikina over this kid.

Have you ever heard the name of head-coach Quin Snyder ???
I guess not!
Well, coach Quin Snyder been trading for teams rejected players and DEVELOPING those rejected player into a decent winning player the past 4 seasons.
Here's a list of coach Snyder's past 4 seasons from 2014 to 2018:
38 win season
40 win season
51 win season (Hayward)
48 win season (Donovan Mitchell)
The Knicks last FOUR head-coaches were all inexperienced head-coaches that the Knicks mismanagement expected each of the inexperience head-coaches to develop a roster full of young-core players .. None succeeded .. the Knicks averaged a 28 win season from the last three head-coaches, and are on their way to having another 28 win season from a inexperience coach Fizdale.

jimkcchief88

All Star
I got no problem with you, Chief. Sometimes this team just puts me in a ****ty mood.

Nor I with you. You watch the games more closely and keep game threads going sometimes by yourself. If I watched all that bad Knicks basketball I would be in a bad mood too.