Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 54
  1. #31
    12th man
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    11,073
    Rep Power
    30

    Default

    Frank fouls out with a little over 5mins remaining.

  2. #32
    Veteran mafra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    8,024
    Rep Power
    23

    Default

    14-3-3 for Knits (2-4 from downtown)... 32 from Timmy... double-doubles from both kanter and Vonleh. 16-4-1 from Trier. Mudiay 11-5-3.

    Dotson with 3 and Knox with 0 and MRob with 3 and 5... not exactly inspiring from all 3...

    Timmy might be playing himself into trade material...

    Just fun watching a true team. We lose ping pongs but you can’t expect ATL to beat us.

  3. #33
    12th man
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    11,073
    Rep Power
    30

    Default

    Attached Images Attached Images

  4. #34
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    7,172
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    The post game show called out Ntilikina’s smothering defense against Trae Young tonight. Only someone who didn’t watch the game would be criticizing it.

    Bunch of guys gave solid minutes, but the Hawks stink and were playing the 2nd game of a back to back.

    This team needs to commit to getting MRob and Knox out on the court. That’s our future.

  5. #35
    Veteran mafra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    8,024
    Rep Power
    23

    Default

    Young was 1-7 from downtown. Knits probably had something to do with that.

    Chauncey Billups was 21 his rookie year in BOS/TOR... he the played another 4 seasons (DEN/MIN) before arriving in DET.

    He averaged 9 ppg and 3 apg his age 24 season.

    To recap, CB was 26 years-old, on his 5th team in 5 years when he first laced them up for the Pistons. He averaged 11, 14, 8, 9, and 12 ppg those first 5 seasons.

    Just think... Knits is still only 20!
    Last edited by mafra; Nov 07, 2018 at 23:24.

  6. #36
    12th man
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    11,806
    Rep Power
    29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jimkcchief88 View Post
    System???? Lol Coach(?) FIZ doesn’t even draw up plays as evidenced by the end of the Bulls game. We had chances win but couldn’t even get a good shot off. The Knicks don’t even have a “puke” play like “Semi-Pro.” You know a go to play you can run with your eyes closed and you are so tired that you wanna puke. The Knicks were running around like chickens with their heads cut off. And Frank is no stopper because if he was he should have checked Levine and stopped him from his career high. And yes Levine is a guard so yes Frank would have been on Levine if Frank was some great stopper.
    Frank only played 16 minute vs the Bulls Lavine .. 4 min each quarter.
    If Fizdale were a real NBA head coach, he would have put Baker on Lavine for 1 or 2 quarters for the win!

    Having a inexperience head coach like Fizdale where 99.9% of our points come from 3-ball or isolation scoring, plus there's no type of communication plays on offense other than give the ball to Timmy .. Under Fizdale type of no-coaching all Frank can do is what he been doing.
    Fizdale type of coaching got Burke confuse every second on the court because there's no set plan.
    We dont have either of our PG get the ball down low to Kanter in the paint, i guess because that would be called a play involving 3 teammates.

    As a Knick fan .. I was expecting to see Frank/Burke n Kanter develop a close relationship on a offensive picknroll or give n go, or alleyoop down-low as the Knick starters the first 15 games of the season. What I see is a Knick team a couple points better than the Lottery Hawks team.

  7. #37
    Veteran mafra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    8,024
    Rep Power
    23

    Default

    In the first half, Knits 11 to Young’s 0.

    Per Ian Bagley:

    Knicks GM Scott Perry is on the road with the team. An eye witness said Perry was visibly upset during portions of the first half in Atlanta. The Knicks gave up 57 points to the Hawks and trailed by three after two quarters. Doesn't seem like Perry has any interest in tanking.
    Last edited by mafra; Nov 07, 2018 at 23:54.

  8. #38
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    3,560
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by htr10 View Post
    The post game show called out Ntilikina’s smothering defense against Trae Young tonight. Only someone who didn’t watch the game would be criticizing it.

    Bunch of guys gave solid minutes, but the Hawks stink and were playing the 2nd game of a back to back.

    This team needs to commit to getting MRob and Knox out on the court. That’s our future.
    That’s cool you guys are right Frank is awesome meanwhile around the NBA our former PG DRose is going ham again um um um

  9. #39
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    3,560
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Fantastic finish in LA Tyson Chandler rolls to contest a DRose buzzer beater. Looked like a foul to me. DRose still dropped 31(7-9) from 3. Thibbs put the band together again in Minnie.

  10. #40
    Member The Dragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Dubai
    Posts
    219
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    I guess we are swinging between winning games and developing the young core.... we want to win games of course, but in order to see what each player can give they need to play, I guess that is why the rotation is messy for coach Fiz. we have a lot of young players who can blossom into something great, but you can't know if they will or not unless you give them chance to play/start/off the bench/this position, that position...etc. still we can't help it, we want to win now if we can... so go figure... we can have more chemistry maybe if we settle on a rotation, and maybe win more games, but that means many players will not get the chance to show us what they are capable off....

    Frank looks lik an intelligent player, but when we compare him to his draft class sometimes he looks slow..... although I think he will be great in couple of years once he is more aggressive, but again, he could stay like that.....

    I remember somebody was saying Dot is a very good defender, is it me only or Dot really can't defend anything? players keep blowing by him ??!!

  11. #41
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    7,172
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jimkcchief88 View Post
    That’s cool you guys are right Frank is awesome meanwhile around the NBA our former PG DRose is going ham again um um um
    Derrick Rose? I thought you were in love with DSJ and his sweet 34 turnovers for 38 assists this season. 50% of the time he passes it for the score and 50% of the time he passes it to the fans, it’s win-win!

  12. #42
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    3,560
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by htr10 View Post
    Derrick Rose? I thought you were in love with DSJ and his sweet 34 turnovers for 38 assists this season. 50% of the time he passes it for the score and 50% of the time he passes it to the fans, it’s win-win!
    At this point I’m in love with ANY starting NBA PG because we still don’t have one on our roster btw D-Rose is balling up in Minnie for league minimum.

  13. #43
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    7,172
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jimkcchief88 View Post
    At this point I’m in love with ANY starting NBA PG because we still don’t have one on our roster btw D-Rose is balling up in Minnie for league minimum.
    I like Ntilikina, but I agree with you about not having a true starter quality NBA PG on the roster.

  14. #44
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    5,179
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jimkcchief88 View Post
    At this point I’m in love with ANY starting NBA PG because we still don’t have one on our roster btw D-Rose is balling up in Minnie for league minimum.

    No kidding some Knick fans need to cut the crap!. TY appears to have problems playing against Knits and good for Knits making life miserable for him so this stays in his head when we play them but again we're going overboard here. TY probably will learn to adjust to size.

    Nevertheless Knits fouled the hell out of the game only playing 23min, he didn't yesterday and hasn't sparked any recent runs we've had past recent games. His +/- isn't that great...didn't some here used to try and harp on this stat when I told them how ridiculous it was...why not now? Hmmmmmmm. His shot has completely abandoned him...a very mediocre ball distributor still

  15. #45
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    7,172
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Broadway View Post
    No kidding some Knick fans need to cut the crap!. TY appears to have problems playing against Knits and good for Knits making life miserable for him so this stays in his head when we play them but again we're going overboard here. TY probably will learn to adjust to size.

    Nevertheless Knits fouled the hell out of the game only playing 23min, he didn't yesterday and hasn't sparked any recent runs we've had past recent games. His +/- isn't that great...didn't some here used to try and harp on this stat when I told them how ridiculous it was...why not now? Hmmmmmmm. His shot has completely abandoned him...a very mediocre ball distributor still
    Dude, don’t take veiled shots at people, man up and direct your comments at the person to whom you are obviously speaking.

    Ntilikina has been a disappointment. Chief has been trolling the **** out of these forums with his negative comments about Ntilikina, including in game threads where he even says he is not watching the game. It has gotten old.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 51
    Last Post: Oct 18, 2018, 23:54
  2. Replies: 61
    Last Post: Feb 05, 2018, 18:46
  3. Replies: 149
    Last Post: Jan 31, 2017, 14:41
  4. Replies: 11
    Last Post: Dec 29, 2016, 07:40
  5. Replies: 32
    Last Post: Nov 22, 2016, 12:23

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •