dunk competition

Skyhi300

Benchwarmer
it has potential to be a REALLY good competition if Lebron decided to joing but as of now i get the feeling it's gonna be pretty dissapointing

NYKnicks15

Starter
Why do people say the dunk comp. has been dwindling over the years? Because big names dont compete in it?....And now LeBron James "the savior on the Nba" doesnt want to compete in it unless he gets a million dollars OR a hopefully true statement that hes sick and injured. By no means is he obligated but itd be nice. I'm not going to diss him tho because he did hurt his ankle and his obligation is to the Cav's not the comp.

BUT I think its ridiculous. Who cares if LeBron does the competition?? "It would be nice to have a big star in it." Im sick of hearing that. Big names dont make a good comp. if a man can throw it down, he can throw it down. some of the best dunkers are unknown players. and going on that I think JR and Josh smith are going to tare the roof off. If no one has seen Josh yet dont be ashamed he plays for the crappy hawks BUT he has the most incredible ups I have seen in years!!! its like a jet pack....and going out on a limb if LeBron entered and was 100% healthy I think Josh or JR would still win. (but knowing the nba theyd give it to King James) Oh well its should still be fun....and i predict Josh will win...

Trin_Starr

Starter
The rookie from the Hawks is gonna take this tonight - the dude can JUMP
He's only 6-9 and he had 10 blocks in the game against Dallas in December - I have only seen one other person do that and it was Mutombo (knicks) against the NETS, but Mutombo is 7-2!!!!

Skyhi300

Benchwarmer
i gotta admit i was wrong, because WOW. Josh Smith's dunks were CRAZY!!!!!. But i also think that Amare Staudomire's dunk's were over rated because in my opinion it was more Steve Nashe than it was Amare.

BTW what on earth was Chris Anderson doing seeing how many attempts he could get he got like 30 something attempts and only dunked it 3 times.

Bruno

Benchwarmer
yeah i agree i thing the best dunk contest since the 2000 that was great competitors.
also great dunks on here what a jump over k.martin he have a little afraid of doing it he was paralyzed ,lol.
anderson was a joke why not put over iguodala this guy can dunk.
til now a grat all star weekend ,the 3 pt contest was bad.
hope tonight we ca have a great game with iverson be the mvp.

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
Somebody please agree with me when i say jr smith deserved all 10's for that first dunk. That difficulty level was off the chain, no way it was worth a 45. However he wouldnt have won anyway Josh Smith is incredible, but i still think Ariza or Andre Iguadala from the 6ers should have been there instead of Chris Anderson, what was he doing there :? ??

Skyhi300

Benchwarmer
Peach_NYK_21 said:
Somebody please agree with me when i say jr smith deserved all 10's for that first dunk. That difficulty level was off the chain, no way it was worth a 45. However he wouldnt have won anyway Josh Smith is incredible, but i still think Ariza or Andre Iguadala from the 6ers should have been there instead of Chris Anderson, what was he doing there :? ??

I agree about one thing, that dunk was crazy but the problem was that it took him 3 tries to succeed but i don't blame him the level of difficulty on that dunk was crazy, he deffinetly deserved a better score.

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
H20 said:
I agree about one thing, that dunk was crazy but the problem was that it took him 3 tries to succeed but i don't blame him the level of difficulty on that dunk was crazy, he deffinetly deserved a better score.

you want to talk about taking tries to complete a dunk? Lets talk about Chris Anderson. What was up with him? :wazup:

Brian_Coleman_21

Rotation player
Peach_NYK_21 said:
H20 said:

you want to talk about taking tries to complete a dunk? Lets talk about Chris Anderson. What was up with him? :wazup:

The problem with him is that he can't dunk. Trevor Ariza or at least Andre Iguodala should have been in it instead of him.

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
Chris Anderson cant dunk? :wtf:

he cant do fancy stuff, but hes like amare, he can dunk with force, he just needs smoeone giving him the ball, not him giving it to himself

Brian_Coleman_21

Rotation player
Peach_NYK_21 said:
Chris Anderson cant dunk? :wtf:

he cant do fancy stuff, but hes like amare, he can dunk with force, he just needs smoeone giving him the ball, not him giving it to himself

Exactly, he is not fit for the Dunk Competition.