1628422.png
203924.png

203943.png
202331.png

1629011.png
203500.png

Injury Report

New York KnicksOklahoma City Thunder
Lance Thomas - Sore Left Knee (QUEST)Andre Roberson - Left patellar tendon surgery (OUT)
Courtney Lee - Extended neck pain (Day 2 Day)Russell Westbrook - Left ankle sprain
Kristaps Porzingis - Left knee (OUT)-
Luke Kornet - G League assignment (OUT)-

Game Preview

After using the same starters for the last nine games, New York Knicks coach David Fizdale might overhaul his lineup for Wednesday's game against the Oklahoma City Thunder.

"We are going to look at some more stuff, me and the staff, when we get on the plane," Fizdale told reporters Tuesday before the Knicks left for Oklahoma City. "Look at some groups and I may make some changes, but I'm not there yet."

If Fizdale does decide to tweak things from the lineup that's gone 3-6, it figures to affect rookie forward Kevin Knox, who has had two solid games after missing seven games early in the season with an ankle injury.

That move could move Frank Ntilikina out of the starting lineup.

Moving Ntilikina out of the lineup against the Thunder could be made easier by Russell Westbrook's absence.

Westbrook is expected to miss his fifth consecutive game with a sprained left ankle, though he's getting closer to a return.

Westbrook participated in Tuesday's practice, though the Thunder did not go through any contact drills, though Westbrook did running, cutting and shooting during his time on the court.

"Doing more and more each day," Thunder coach Billy Donovan said.

While Ntilikina has struggled on the offensive side, shooting just 28 percent from the floor over the last seven games.

After he missed three consecutive shots in the first six minutes of Sunday's loss to Orlando, FIzdale yanked him from the game and Ntilikina did not return.

Ntilikina is a strong defender, though, and with Westbrook in the lineup, he would potentially have a chance at more playing time.

"You know you can't stop a player of that talent, but try to limit them and make them go in a spot they don't like," Ntilikina said. "And I think that's the goal for tomorrow if he plays."

But Westbrook remains officially listed as out.

Trey Burke was in the Knicks' starting lineup early in the season before moving to a reserve role for the last nine games. He could be in position for a return as a starter.

"I definitely want to be back in the starting lineup," Burke said. "At this point, I only know I can control what I can control.

"If it happens it happens."

Oklahoma City has gone 3-1 without Westbrook, though has looked uneven especially on the offensive side.

The Thunder's defense has helped keep Oklahoma City afloat.

"We're so long as a unit that it's so tough for people," Thunder guard Dennis Schroder said. "If we do it -- when we do it -- it's so tough for other teams to score."

The Thunder are No. 2 in the NBA in defensive rating, behind only the Boston Celtics. Oklahoma City also ranks atop the NBA with 11.5 steals per game.

"We're just being aggressive and playing physical on the defensive end, not allowing any easy plays, any easy drives," guard Terrance Ferguson said. "Just staying physical and trying to stay in front of the ball."

(STATS / cbssports.com)

Thanks, Rady.

Well here we go. Ntilikina and Dotson out of the starting lineup, replaced by Mudiay and Knox.

Kiyaman

Legend
Thanks for the Game-Thread Rady .... this could be the 3 game road trip of embarrassment having a NO-system experimenting Knicks head coach Fizdale calling shots without any plays formulated in practice.
I would put Kanter in the starting lineup to get Adam in early foul trouble ..
I would put Burke in the starting lineup to keep Shroeder busy ..
I would have Frank defend Paul George all game long ..

No one bashed Mudiay harder than me his rookie year when people were still questioning whether we should have drafted him instead of KP. Very few people have defended Ntilikina more than me on here. At this point though, if Mudiay can play well enough to run away with our starting PG job, then so be it.

I don?t care anymore which young guys on this team fulfill their potential and which don?t, as long as somebody steps up.

mafra

Legend
I agree. This really should be Mudiay?s rookie year. He went to China then played 3 seasons... he probably didn?t receive much coaching in China...

He?s 22 right now. The bulk of this season should be spent seeing if Burke or Mudiay belong here moving forward. Burke just turned 26.

Even if Knits plays like poop all year, you can still justify the belief/hope that he improves (he?s only 21 next season).

If I were HC, I would be more concerned with throwing Mudiay and Burke out there to see if they are part of the future.

This should almost be another redshirt campaign for Frank. If he forces the issue and plays well enough to EARN more playing time... GREAT!!!

But everything should be earned, indeed.

I wouldn?t be adverse to sending Knits to D-League for some seasoning, to compel him to work on his offensive game.

I think the big problem with Frank is we demand a lot from him defensively and at the same time we want him to be better offensively.

I doubt DSJ is tasked with covering the opponent?s best players.

Anyway, we can afford to bring Knits along slowly...

Everybody misses and makes mistakes in the draft... bad orgs compound those errors by keeping trash around, banging their heads against the proverbial wall.

tiger0330

Legend
Mudiay instead of Burke, I'm surprised. We can't keep recycling these 3 guys in 5 day increments forever, maybe Fiz should try someone like Trier at PG for a completely new look. I also get the feeling that Perry will be looking to trade for a PG pretty soon, he can't be happy with the results so far at the spot.

Mudiay and Knox have both hit shots and Mudiay has a nice assist, but our defense is non-existent. We?ve given up 13 points in 3 minutes.

MRob starting to make his presence felt on defense. Mudiay finds Knox for 3. Knicks have closed the gap to 19 - 16.

Big ovation for Kanter when he checks into the game. Classy from the OKC fans.

tiger0330

Legend
MRob starting to make his presence felt on defense. Mudiay finds Knox for 3. Knicks have closed the gap to 19 - 16.

Big ovation for Kanter when he checks into the game. Classy from the OKC fans.
He had some good years there. He's played well in NY but the smart money says we're not bringing him back. Dumb me wants to keep him.

mafra

Legend
Mudiay instead of Burke, I'm surprised. We can't keep recycling these 3 guys in 5 day increments forever, maybe Fiz should try someone like Trier at PG for a completely new look. I also get the feeling that Perry will be looking to trade for a PG pretty soon, he can't be happy with the results so far at the spot.

Perry should consider trading Knits for Kemba. Knicks won?t attract KL with just young guys... getting Kemba now assures we get 1 free agent... with Kemba here and KP returning, with the kids and lottery pick, might be the difference in convincing KL and KD it not.

Broadway

All Star
Glad Knox is back into the starting lineup and although they got punched in the face quickly they fought back and adjusted but Fiz is going to have figure out how to get the right mix down

I always said it doesn?t matter who starts or who comes off the bench but moreso who plays well together. Knits should be playing more free...he has no one looking over his shoulders now. He vowed before the media he would play better the next couple of games...let?s see it kid we?re waiting!

tiger0330

Legend
Fiz better go back to the drawing board, his team is borderline unwatchable. 8 of the next 9 are against teams over .500 and 6 of them are on the road, thats rough.