Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    12th man

Originally Posted by htr10
    Iíve backed off on advanced metrics.

Honestly, Iím not sure what to say other than that. I still try to watch every game, but this yearís team has really been hard for me to get behind. Much more than past seasons. Advanced metrics or not, only player who I am still 100% behind is Mitchell Robinson. Dude is the real deal. With improved health and experience, he is going to be a winner.

I too, has backed off of using the metric rating for reason of Fizdale many ways on how to Tank the season.
    There has been NO development in Fizdale's tactics of coaching the Knicks in the first half of the season.
    Rookie MitchRob happen to be my best 2018 Knicks draft pick.
    And I dont like how Fizdale has been coaching & substituting MitchRob in the rotation, plus never tandem MitchRob & Kornet in a lineup alongside a 3 guard offense, so Kornet could learn to switch from being a stretch-5 to a stretch-4 in a lineup, and MitchRob could learn to switch from the 5 spot to the 4 spot in a lineup.

The game in London became a FIZDALE's suspect as a head-coach in the final 3 seconds of the game when the Wizards called a time-out having the ball while the Knicks were up by one point in the game with 3.3 seconds left in the game .. why didn't Fizdale have the Knicks best defensive center (MitchRob), and the Knicks best defensive PG (Frank), along with Dotson & Vonleh & Kornet on the defensive-end of the court for STOPS in those final seconds of the game ???
    Fizdale has showed consistently throughout the season he has no winning strategy on offense or defense on how to teach young-core players how to win games !!!

12th man

Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    I too, has backed off of using the metric rating for reason of Fizdale many ways on how to Tank the season.
    There has been NO development in Fizdale's tactics of coaching the Knicks in the first half of the season.
    Rookie MitchRob happen to be my best 2018 Knicks draft pick.
    And I dont like how Fizdale has been coaching & substituting MitchRob in the rotation, plus never tandem MitchRob & Kornet in a lineup alongside a 3 guard offense, so Kornet could learn to switch from being a stretch-5 to a stretch-4 in a lineup, and MitchRob could learn to switch from the 5 spot to the 4 spot in a lineup.

The game in London became a FIZDALE's suspect as a head-coach in the final 3 seconds of the game when the Wizards called a time-out having the ball while the Knicks were up by one point in the game with 3.3 seconds left in the game .. why didn't Fizdale have the Knicks best defensive center (MitchRob), and the Knicks best defensive PG (Frank), along with Dotson & Vonleh & Kornet on the defensive-end of the court for STOPS in those final seconds of the game ???
    Fizdale has showed consistently throughout the season he has no winning strategy on offense or defense on how to teach young-core players how to win games !!!
    Mentioned this in the game thread. Fiz is well liked by his young guys because he gives them playing time they don't deserve but a coach that is trying to win games and not popularity contests like Carlisle of the Mavs would had his best defensive team in there. Not much of a tactical coach from what I've seen so far, I hope him and his staff are better teachers.

12th man

Originally Posted by tiger0330
    Mentioned this in the game thread. Fiz is well liked by his young guys because he gives them playing time they don't deserve but a coach that is trying to win games and not popularity contests like Carlisle of the Mavs would had his best defensive team in there. Not much of a tactical coach from what I've seen so far, I hope him and his staff are better teachers.
    Coach Carlisle put together Detroit Piston Championship starting lineup, plus won a championship with no-defense Dirk.
    I wouldn't say Fizdale is liked by all the young players, maybe ball-hog Timmy, and low B.ball IQ Mudiay.
    I'm sure Burke and Frank put Horn's way of coaching above Fizdale's no strategic offense/defense system.
    How well has rookie Knox been coming along on the offensive-end of the court in Fizdale's development?
    Has Knox learn to distribute the ball to teammates?
    Does Knox move without the ball to create screens for ball-movement?
    How many design plays have Knick fans seen the 4 PG Mudiay/Frank/Burke/Zo perform in a half of season? NONE!
    How many pick n roll or give n go design plays has anyone seen rookie Iso-Zo run throughout the first half of the season? NONE!
    Trier's pick n roll and give n go performance with Knox & MitchRob in the SLG got Trier the invitation to Training-Camp.
    MitchRob's B.Ball IQ as a NBA athletic Bigman has a very high potential in his raw performance for not playing in a league last season (That's the reason, I were hoping/mentioning we should hired Bosh or Rasheed Wallace to our coaching-staff for this Knick developing-season.).
    Kornet should have been in the rotation at the start of the season tandem to MitchRob in a lineup, the two could've been learning each other weakness/strength performing together in a lineup to create on both sides of the court in the many 34 losses in a half a season. Remember if both Kornet & MitchRob are here next year than both will have to know how to switch-position 4 +5 in lineup with KP.