Game thread: Portland Trailblazers @ NY Knicks. 7:30 11/20/2018 [Game #18]

Small ball lineup gets burned again by not being able to get a rebound and allowing a critical putback in the closing seconds.

Broadway

All Star
Small ball lineup gets burned again by not being able to get a rebound and allowing a critical putback in the closing seconds.

His subbing is bizarre but in all honesty we probably prefer losses as an organization. Exquisite execution tonight

mafra

Legend
Competitive loss I guess that’s good

Of course it is. This 4-14 start would be different if we had KP. BOS is 9-8, right? What?s our record with KP? 8-10?

Bank an L for the tank, led for most of the night... we were right there. Again, no point in winning 31 games... I would rather win 19 and get a lottery monster.

We are so close... this team is learning, getting accustomed to playing with one another... to NBA life. Adding an all-star caliber franchise player in KP plus a free agent plus a lottery pick means we are back.

mafra

Legend
5th double-double for Vonleh of the season. Most in his young career.

Looks like will soon be heading to 5-20 with our upcoming schedule. That?s 15-60.... right where we need to be

tiger0330

Legend
His subbing is bizarre but in all honesty we probably prefer losses as an organization. Exquisite execution tonight

Of course it is. This 4-14 start would be different if we had KP. BOS is 9-8, right? What’s our record with KP? 8-10?

Bank an L for the tank, led for most of the night... we were right there. Again, no point in winning 31 games... I would rather win 19 and get a lottery monster.

We are so close... this team is learning, getting accustomed to playing with one another... to NBA life. Adding an all-star caliber franchise player in KP plus a free agent plus a lottery pick means we are back.
You guys have to stop with this tanking, its not even DEC. Save the tank talk for MAR if we have a top 5 in losses and we need one or 2 losses to be the worst team in the NBA.

Broadway

All Star
You guys have to stop with this tanking, its not even DEC. Save the tank talk for MAR if we have a top 5 in losses and we need one or 2 losses to be the worst team in the NBA.

Our coach started it...his comments also suggest we wouldn't be aggressive in a trade say should it spark a chance at winning/vying for a playoff spot

When you're 10gms under .500 before 20 gms played...next 6gms against teams with winning records, 4 of them on the road and sit 2gms out of the worst record in the league what would you expect. We've seen this script already.

We might win 4 of our next 17gms which places us at December 25 home in home against Bucks. We're done!

Last edited:

tiger0330

Legend
attachment.php

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 11

Kiyaman

Legend
Our coach started it...his comments also suggest we wouldn't be aggressive in a trade say should it spark a chance at winning/vying for a playoff spot

When you're 10gms under .500 before 20 gms played...next 6gms against teams with winning records, 4 of them on the road and sit 2gms out of the worst record in the league what would you expect. We've seen this script already.

We might win 4 of our next 17gms which places us at December 25 home in against Bucks. We're done!

When u really look at it ...Damn that's so so True !!!

tiger0330

Legend

We might win 4 of our next 17gms which places us at December 25 home in against Bucks. We're done!
The NBA changed the rules of the lottery game to discourage tanking. Most significant move the Knicks could do if they really wanted to tank is to hold KP out for the entire season and I'm not sure how that would be received in the league office if he's cleared to play and the still hold him out for "precautionary" reasons.

Kiyaman

Legend
Of course it is. This 4-14 start would be different if we had KP. BOS is 9-8, right? What’s our record with KP? 8-10?

Our record were 8-10 because we started playing the rookie Frank in the 4th qtr. with veteran players .. KP 30 pt games gave us a 0-3 start, because Tired-KP are NOT a 4th quarter player .. Tired-KP dont rebound/defend/or score when we need it at Crunch-Time !!!

Kiyaman

Legend
The NBA changed the rules of the lottery game to discourage tanking. Most significant move the Knicks could do if they really wanted to tank is to hold KP out for the entire season and I'm not sure how that would be received in the league office if he's cleared to play and the still hold him out for "precautionary" reasons.

Tired-KP has not showed me he's a winning-player in 3 seasons .. why do fans act as if Tired-KP, or Iso-Melo, or Timmy performance bring wins? why? why? why?