Game thread: New York Knicks @ Boston Celtics 7:30 11/21/2018 [Game #19]

tiger0330

Legend
Fiz always talking about a guy has to win his job. Lets see if he backs it up and gives Trey the starting PG job, he wants it and not to come off the bench.

Paul1355

All Star
And the starting PG job.

Seriously..what else does coach need to see? The beginning of the season his shot was off but he had to work through it and he did. He?s back to his old self from last season and deserves to start because frank and mudiay offer 0 competition

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

attachment.php

MRob with 6 blocks in 16 minutes? Wow.

Burke is definitely the best PG on the roster, but there?s also the question of making our rotations fit. Burke and Ntilikina playing together coming off the bench makes a lot more sense than Burke and THJ playing together in the starting lineup.

Paul1355

All Star
Burke is definitely the best PG on the roster, but there?s also the question of making our rotations fit. Burke and Ntilikina playing together coming off the bench makes a lot more sense than Burke and THJ playing together in the starting lineup.

However, who else has better chemistry with Hardaway than a guy who literally played with him going back to college? Starting mudiay just gets in the way of Burke getting minutes and puts us in a worse position in the beginning of a game to set the tempo. Your best players should start and get the most minutes, Burke deserves to start.

Frank coming off the bench makes sense because he hasn?t shown up and can?t run the point efficiently by himself. Burke doesn?t have a reason to come off the bench, unlike mudiay and frank who can go minutes on end while doing absolutely nothing.

tiger0330

Legend
Fiz always talking about a guy has to win his job. Lets see if he backs it up and gives Trey the starting PG job, he wants it and not to come off the bench.

They're talking about this on the post game saying Burke wanted to be an AS as the starter. He'll be disappointed if Fiz tells him he has to come off the bench. I did say the 6th man role with the rooks might be a better fit but I think you have to give him a shot as the starter.

However, who else has better chemistry with Hardaway than a guy who literally played with him going back to college? Starting mudiay just gets in the way of Burke getting minutes and puts us in a worse position in the beginning of a game to set the tempo. Your best players should start and get the most minutes, Burke deserves to start.

Frank coming off the bench makes sense because he hasn?t shown up and can?t run the point efficiently by himself. Burke doesn?t have a reason to come off the bench, unlike mudiay and frank who can go minutes on end while doing absolutely nothing.

There?s no harm in trying it, but I don?t think a lineup that includes heavy minutes of Burke, THJ, and Kanter playing together is going to work unless maybe the other 2 guys on the court are going to pick up a lot of the defensive slack.

Paul1355

All Star
There?s no harm in trying it, but I don?t think a lineup that includes heavy minutes of Burke, THJ, and Kanter playing together is going to work unless maybe the other 2 guys on the court are going to pick up a lot of the defensive slack.

Agreed you need a defensive anchor and kanters lack of help defense is evident, which makes Robinson a starter on this team. The bigger question is who would start at the small forward position because we can make a solid case for Burke, THJ, Vonleh and Robinson. However, it seems the small forward position is all over the place with this rotation. Literally hezonja, knox, Dotson, and Thomas have all started and Courtney lee will return soon.

I believe benching Dotson is a mistake when he?s having his best season to date and his numbers are better than Knox and hezonja. The Knicks need to figure that out to get roster that works.

Burke, THJ, Dotson, Vonleh, Robinson is my preferred lineup because all can score, rebound and most can defend besides thj

Bench: Mudiay, Trier, Ntilikina, Hezonja/Knox, Kanter is my bench and since hezonja/knox are feast or phantom players I?d play whoever has a hot hand

Broadway

All Star
Burke is definitely the best PG on the roster, but there’s also the question of making our rotations fit. Burke and Ntilikina playing together coming off the bench makes a lot more sense than Burke and THJ playing together in the starting lineup.

Some fans never focus on anything that works with any player or combination of players or for this team in general. Burke is really what I've always thought him to be a player who could excel as a really good 6th man. Maybe be the second coming of J.R. Smith

Broadway

All Star
They're talking about this on the post game saying Burke wanted to be an AS as the starter. He'll be disappointed if Fiz tells him he has to come off the bench. I did say the 6th man role with the rooks might be a better fit but I think you have to give him a shot as the starter.

Not for forgets sakes but he was the starting point guard to start the season for about 6gms

mafra

Legend
In 409 match-ups since 1954, the Knicks have had a halftime lead as big as 16 points vs the Celtics only 16 times.

They are 15-1 in those games (as I question why I?m even tweeting this)

Paul1355

All Star
Some fans never focus on anything that works with any player or combination of players or for this team in general. Burke is really what I've always thought him to be a player who could excel as a really good 6th man. Maybe be the second coming of J.R. Smith

With our roster he?s the best pg, on a really good team he?s a 6th man but to me Hardaway is more of a sixth man than Burke is because Hardaway is more of a streak shooter

Kiyaman

Legend
KP is no slouch at blocking shots either. Can't wait to see both of them on the court together, opposing teams are going to have fits. :)

I can wait .. Tired-KP play to much scared b.ball afraid of physical contact, we cant even get 6 rebounds from Tired-KP in 35 minute on the court, so 6 blocks are above Tired-KP best performance in the NBA.

Mudiay Timmy and Frank mixed it up well in Boston ..
Burke Trier and Frank worked well in Boston ..
Kanter & Vonleh mixed it up well in Boston ..
MitchRob & Vonleh mixed it up well in Boston ..
In our back to back games vs Blazers/Celtics I will admit Noah Vonleh outstanding inside/outside 2-Way performance reminded me of GS Warriors Draymond Green performance.

Broadway

All Star
With our roster he’s the best pg, on a really good team he’s a 6th man but to me Hardaway is more of a sixth man than Burke is because Hardaway is more of a streak shooter

Strongly disagree about him being the best "point guard" he's the better "player" of our point guards but these are two different things. I was all for THJR coming off the bench before we discovered Burke but honestly Burke plays exactly like a quintessential 6th Man. THJR plays like a decent 3rd-4th option

Regardless the team looks to be playing a little bit better with the lineups as constituted, leave it alone is what I say. Same starting lineup again tonight