Game thread: New York Knicks vs Memphis 6:00 11/25/2018 [Game #21]

tiger0330

Legend
The boys really seem to like Fiz, couldn't say the same of their feelings for any of the last few coaches. Doesn't hurt to have a team that wants to play hard for their coach along with doing their jobs.

tiger0330

Legend
This is what I think we see for Fiz rotations. 10 man rotations maybe CLEE replacing Knox and Fiz going with the hot hand. Surprised Dotson hasn't been in these games though.

tiger0330

Legend
Good defense on the last possession. Sealed the victory. Clutch FTs too...

If Knicks can’t attract any free agents... then Kanter might get his. But I would
prefer Tobias Harris for that money.

Problem with a Kanter is he’s so bad on defense that it negates his rebounding/post offense. However, if we sign him for 5 years... hopefully he starts passing again (like last season).

But this team with KP and 1 more draft should have a set foundation. I’m good if we keep the band together (if we can’t get another free agent to come to nY).

But, the goal should still be flip Kanter and timmy for assets and clear cap space.
Harris would be good. He's a NY guy, we got a shot and I would think Perry has him high on his board. Perry has his work cut out maybe bringing back guys he would like to bring back with their contracts expiring this year esp if the Knicks surprise and start winning.

tiger0330

Legend
I don't think Fiz really cared if he got payback on MEM but I do think he was moved by his guys support. The ultimate players coach.

Broadway

All Star
If you mean the Knicks are going to trade him, no one is trading for him. He might get a contract somewhere but it's going to be a 1 or 2 yr deal imo.

I could see a fringe team trying to obtain him for playoff position such as Lakers/Kings/Jazz and yes we could probably get a 1st rounder and maybe a player if he keeps this up. They would still have his rights until they renounce him

Broadway

All Star
Not surprised by Jackson's game after mentioning how much I liked him in SL. Doncic still my ROY guy though, his experience is what differentiates him from the other rooks.

This rookie class is kind of sneaky nasty. Doncic has been so good but now that the Cavs have freed Sexton watch the young bul make things debatable

tiger0330

Legend
attachment.php

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 25

tiger0330

Legend
This rookie class is kind of sneaky nasty. Doncic has been so good but now that the Cavs have freed Sexton watch the young bul make things debatable
Sexton another kid I commented on at the draft saying his college highlights were worthy of an 8th pick unlike Nits. Also said G-A and him have a natural feel for the game that you wish Nits had when we were discussing whether the kid was a PG.

mafra

Legend
You see Knits switch on Jax and handle him on the block. Knits may not ever be anything close to all star special, but he can be another Bruce Bowen type (and an important piece on a championship caliber team).

At 20, we just have to remain patient and take the wait and see approach. He?s probably more of a Charlie Ward type than anything else and not worthy of the 8th pick... but who knows what we?re thinking about this pick in 2023.

Kiyaman

Legend
If Enes could block shots like that kid JJ. We'd be talking about giving Enes a max contract not letting him go.

Kanter's experience makes him a offensive-Keeper .. a 2 to 4 yr extended contract before we sign any outside FA.
The way Vonleh has been performing lately his 2-Way performance has lifted-up several of his teammates level of play, another Keeper.
Rookie MitchRob performance has been improving to become a winning role-player as the season goes on from playing in lineups with Kanter or Vonleh.
The above 3 BIGS mention above are Keepers .... Tired-KP and Knox are projects !!!

tiger0330

Legend
The win snapped a seven-game New York losing streak in Memphis. New York had not defeated the Grizzlies on Memphis' home court since a 110-108 victory on March 9, 2011.

Happy to see a 3 game winning streak, but if I?m not mistaken, we had a 3 game winning streak at one point around this time last year. Like to see this team keep playing at this level and not do the usual Knicks thing of recent years of no showing the last 4 months of the season.

Kiyaman

Legend
Happy to see a 3 game winning streak, but if I?m not mistaken, we had a 3 game winning streak at one point around this time last year. Like to see this team keep playing at this level and not do the usual Knicks thing of recent years of no showing the last 4 months of the season.

Yeah .. last season we did have a few 3 game win streaks, plus we had a 4 game win streak, that's when coach Horn let guards Jack & Lee take rookie Frank Nitty under their wing letting Frank work on his passing skills for assist plus free-lance his defensive-skills in the 4th quarter throughout those winning streaks. The defensive-scheme we got from Quinn, Mcderm, Lee, and Frank put wins in our column.

Last night Knicks win over the Grizz, the Knicks Burke, Mudiay, and Kanter put on a dynamic 2nd half Knick show .. they wore the Grizz star players Conley & Gasol down the final 5 minutes of the game for our 3rd straight Knicks win !!!
GO Knicks !!!!

The Dragon

Benchwarmer
When we win few games in a row we trigger two things: the first thing is the teams start recognizing us as a valid team, so they start and play the game in a different mentality which will make games much harder for us, and the second thing is that teams start pay attention to our unknown players and acknowledge them, for example they will start seeing how Mudiay and Burk move and how to contain them, this will make life much harder of course for the players and i guess that is the rookie wall..... if we can absorb these two factors and continue winning, then we are a winning team, if not then back to the losing phase and lottery balls....