Game thread: New York Knicks vs Memphis 6:00 11/25/2018 [Game #21]

Broadway

All Star
Kanter with a 21/22 night end of 3. Him and Drum are tied for the high in RBs for a game this season with 24 but Knicks fans want to let him go. SMH

KNICKS lead 78-71.

Because he doesn't fit contract wise say we want to land a free agent. If we have no options I can see the point in a vacuum but he's not a long term solution. You have to factor how he fits with the return of #kporzee too. Guarantee he won't have such performances as we integrate our youth more. Don't be a prisoner of the moment with this team or any one player

For the record Drummond has led Detroit nowhere and he has a massive contract to boot

mafra

Legend
NYK up 2 and 5 consecutive possessions (2 fast breaks) all end with a NYK getting his shot blocked. Crazy.

tiger0330

Legend
Because he doesn't fit contract wise say we want to land a free agent. If we have no options I can see the point in a vacuum but he's not a long term solution. You have to factor how he fits with the return of #kporzee too. Guarantee he won't have such performances as we integrate our youth more. Don't be a prisoner of the moment with this team or any one player
You're probably right esp if we can sign Vonleh and Kanter gets an 18M contract somewhere else he's gone. Things have to work out just right for him to return.

mafra

Legend
Timmy hits a big 3... Knicks go up 1. Conley gives MEM lead back but then he fouls Burke.

8 NYK possessions ended with a block since the 8 minute mark in the 4th.

Broadway

All Star
MEM like 90s NYK... different rules today... so MEM actually fouls almost every possession. What’s the ref to do? Blow whistle 100 times?

We've gotten our share of calls tonight so no complaints. We've won some games recently and no ref discussion. I just saw the slow mo which is why I brought it up

tiger0330

Legend
Big play by Burke. Steals the ball on their side outlets to Mudiay who skies over Temple for a facial and an ONE. Knicks lead 97-93 after Mudiay hits his FT.

mafra

Legend
Good defense on the last possession. Sealed the victory. Clutch FTs too...

If Knicks can?t attract any free agents... then Kanter might get his. But I would
prefer Tobias Harris for that money.

Problem with a Kanter is he?s so bad on defense that it negates his rebounding/post offense. However, if we sign him for 5 years... hopefully he starts passing again (like last season).

But this team with KP and 1 more draft should have a set foundation. I?m good if we keep the band together (if we can?t get another free agent to come to nY).

But, the goal should still be flip Kanter and timmy for assets and clear cap space.

tiger0330

Legend
Not surprised by Jackson's game after mentioning how much I liked him in SL. Doncic still my ROY guy though, his experience is what differentiates him from the other rooks.