Game thread: New York Knicks @ Philadelphia 76ers 7:00 11/28/2018 [Game #23]

mafra

Legend
To be fair if Perry drafted Embiid/Simmons along with Saric/Covington and 2 of them netted a Top 15-10 player we?d be singing his praises no matter the misses

To be fair, many would still be pointing out the misses. Phil was awful but he was 50/50 on his lottery picks, right? KP and Knits... and he gets killed for the Knits pick still (and rightly so).

I?m still bitching about the ?87 draft the ruined the Ewing dynasty.

Kiyaman

Legend
When the score was 29-49 ..
When the score was 39-59 ..
When the score was 48-68
When the score was 55-82
Does Fizdale have any plays where more than two players are involved .. this is the NBA !!!

Broadway

All Star
To be fair, many would still be pointing out the misses. Phil was awful but he was 50/50 on his lottery picks, right? KP and Knits... and he gets killed for the Knits pick still (and rightly so).

I?m still bitching about the ?87 draft the ruined the Ewing dynasty.

Phil has really only hit on one pick with no sight of playoffs and no big time free agent in hand...quite a bit different than Philly

Phil was so great at drafting we decided to fire him, the guy who slept during Donovan Mitchell?s workout and mad at DSJ because he didn?t like octopus/squid

tiger0330

Legend
Already garbage time late in the 3rd. Question is who do you insert for your garbage time lineup when your coach has played everyone and everyone has played like garbage.

mafra

Legend
Phil has really only hit on one pick with no sight of playoffs and no big time free agent in hand...quite a bit different than Philly

Phil was so great at drafting we decided to fire him, the guy who slept during Donovan Mitchell?s workout and mad at DSJ because he didn?t like octopus/squid

I beg to differ.... How hard was it to draft Simmons? Geez, they had the #1 pick in a draft where Ben was obviously the choice. I give PHI credit for taking an injured Embiid, just like P-Jax gets credit for KP.

Jax had 2 first round picks.... what do you want him to do?

But.... You just proved my point, that even going 50/50 he gets killed for his miss (rather than credit for his hit). You just said if Perry would?ve hit on 4/8 we would forget the misses bc we would be too busy praising the hits.

How many lottery picks have Philly had the last 7 years?

tiger0330

Legend
MRob looks lost on the floor. Rookie growing pains, could an extended stay in the GLeague be the worst thing to teach these guys fundamentals and get their conditioning up to speed.

mafra

Legend
Also, Saric was taken over Zach LaVine. I?m sure some fans would bring that fact up often. Covington was undrafted (like Trier).

mafra

Legend
MRob looks lost on the floor. Rookie growing pains, could an extended stay in the GLeague be the worst thing to teach these guys fundamentals and get their conditioning up to speed.

I think now would be a great time to send Knox, Knits and MRob to D-League. Let them start, get minutes and gain some confidence. See if they can dominate down there...

This will allow Fizdale to play Kanter, Lee, LT and timmy extended minutes.... show we can showcase those 3 for possible trade suitors.

This is the responsible thing to do.

Good news is... we a bottom 5! The future of the KP era hinges on this draft... we definitely didn?t hit with knox and Knits. If KP era is to have hope, Perry needs a major hit with the upcoming lottery pick.

Broadway

All Star
I beg to differ.... How hard was it to draft Simmons? Geez, they had the #1 pick in a draft where Ben was obviously the choice. I give PHI credit for taking an injured Embiid, just like P-Jax gets credit for KP.

Jax had 2 first round picks.... what do you want him to do?

But.... You just proved my point, that even going 50/50 he gets killed for his miss (rather than credit for his hit). You just said if Perry would?ve hit on 4/8 we would forget the misses bc we would be too busy praising the hits.

How many lottery picks have Philly had the last 7 years?

Acquiring the #1 pick was part of ?the process? can?t shortchange it. Something we?re still struggling mightily with. Needless to say the guy Phil hit on was the highest drafted which that?s how it works best, although not absolute

Lest we forget some get it wrong at #1...you cited one team already and I could follow with a few more

No I said we would be praising Phil?s hits had they landed us where Philly is at, I clearly qualified it Maf...good to know your standard is the highest it can be which is don?t care how wellnot we?ll you draft it better equal a chip which I?m in agreement there

Last edited:

tiger0330

Legend
Nits can't even beat the Sixers scrubs off the dribble. Next guy that says this kid is going to be a star I put on my ignore list.

Kiyaman

Legend
To be fair if Perry drafted Embiid/Simmons along with Saric/Covington and 2 of them netted a Top 15-10 player we’d be singing his praises no matter the misses

No we wouldn't .. because Perry would still be hiring Puppet head coaches .. If u dont know .. players like Embiid, Simmons, and Blake Griffin's rookie season sit-outs has turned decade'Lottery Teams into Playoff teams by getting Da right Experience head-coach !!!
How many head coaches did KP have in his 3 seasons as a Knick ???

tiger0330

Legend
I think now would be a great time to send Knox, Knits and MRob to D-League. Let them start, get minutes and gain some confidence. See if they can dominate down there...

[BB]Thi will allow Fizdale to play Kanter, Lee, LT and timmy extended minutes.... show we can showcase those 3 for possible trade suitors.

This is the responsible thing to do.[/b]

Good news is... we a bottom 5! The future of the KP era hinges on this draft... we definitely didn’t hit with knox and Knits. If KP era is to have hope, Perry needs a major hit with the upcoming lottery pick.
I agree. Cavs already started trading Korver, we need to find someone to trade Lee to before the Cavs deal JR.

mafra

Legend
Acquiring the #1 pick was part of ?the process? can?t shortchange it. Something we?re still struggling mightily with. Needless to say the guy Phil hit on was the highest drafted which that?s how it works best, although not absolute

Lest we forget some get it wrong at #1...you cited one team already and I could follow with a few more

No I said we would be praising Phil?s hits had they landed us where Philly is at, I clearly qualified it Maf...good to know your standard is the highest it can be which is don?t care how well you draft it better equal a chip which I?m in agreement there

Heck yeah, if you are going to label and brand your approach with the stupid term ? The Process ? then yeah, it should lead to something more than making the playoffs.

Again, KP wasn?t the easy pick. People wanted Mudiay, WCS, Winslow... Phil was blasted by some for taking KP. 1 fan cried.

Fortunately for PHIL, though, we didn?t get the first pick otherwise Russell or Okafor would be a NYK.

Phil is trash. Knicks have been trash for 2 decades. But, PHI isn?t my model for getting out of this. The Process occurred in OKC... unfortunately their financial mightlessness prevented them from keeping the band together. Maybe a curse for leaving sEA.

mafra

Legend
Who cares who they drafted over another player, they have Embiid/Simmons/Butler...The End!

PHi has a head start... maybe we flip Knits and Knox for a stud, draft a stud, and sign a stud and we are ahead of them in 10 months. The end is only another beginning.