Game thread: New York Knicks @ Philadelphia 76ers 7:00 11/28/2018 [Game #23]

tiger0330

Legend
Gaines is full if crap basically saying Fiz is using him as a SF negating his ability to make plays as a guard and not to judge him until KP comes back when ball movement and guard play will return. Hate to tell Clarence he sucks at at PG, SG and SF but I will say he plays positionless bball because right now he can't play any position as a starter or backup.

Kiyaman

Legend
Kinda. I keep saying NBA coaches #1 job is not to develop talent. It’s X’s and O’s. You are already supposed to know how to dribble, shoot...you know the basics. That’s being a professional. Knits had all Summer to work on his jumper. Remember way when they criticized Magic for his shooting ability from deep and that very next season Magic was dropping three’s. I know Knits ain’t no Magic, but Knits is still a high lottery pick at 8. What did knits do all Summer? Looks like he sat outside at some outdoor French cafe sipping decaf lattes. Still no handles, no clue on offense and no jumper and I mean no jumper? Cmon man enough is enough. Cut your losses. Whomever decided to pick up Knits option needs to go along with Knits. Give Knox some time to adjust. He ain’t no banger that Bam whAts his name did all that at Kentucky. But Knits go to go got to go. Give Trier, Dot, Burke, even Bake those minutes on Chief.

The Knicks had 14 assist tonight compared to 76er's 30 assist .. the 76er's got in a lay up line on us tonight.
The Knicks has no veteran playmaker on the roster .. Knicks has young PG (fighting) for playing time for our clueless coach.
We have no one who could break down a defense and draw help.
We have no one who can drive and dish.
We pass the ball around the perimeter until the shot clock gets low and Timmy or Burke has to create a shot to beat the clock.
Burke and Mudiay have failed miserably in terms of creating for others.
Ntilikina is just not a PG yet in terms of playmaking. We need to fix this by adding an experience Play-Maker!
If we add an experience real PG it will make life easier for all the Knick players, plus become the role-model for our young guards.
Good shots will appear for players Timmy, Knox and Tired KP return.
Not having a good Playmaker last year gave us a 29 win season .. It didn't matter how well Kanter and Tired-KP were Ballin last season we never got a lot of good shots or a creative move from a playmaker who could run the P&R or drive and dish. It was just pass the ball around until it lands in the hands of some one on the high post and let them go iso or shoot. This season dont look much different from last season.
Until Perry address the PG need .. rather than hallucinate on FA Durant, the Knicks will remain losers.
We expect to much from our rookies and 2nd season players when Perry has not furnished them with the tools for success.
We expect rookie Knox to look good when all the shots he gets are contested. Give Knox a PG to run the floor with that will get him some easy baskets rather than taking all those silly 3's (every one is not JJ Redick or Curry).
Timmy desperately needs a veteran playmaker, because tonight Butler locked Timmy up forcing Timmy to dribble and make clumsy decision all game.
Frank misses 2 shots and he gone .. Timmy/Burke shoot 2-18, play zero D, never pass and they stay on court all night.
The Knicks has another Puppet head coach in David Fizdale who are doing the same as all the Knicks previous loser head coaches by having the Knicks players run a 48 minute isolation game in our 7-16 record.

Last edited:

The Dragon

Benchwarmer
The Knicks had 14 assist tonight compared to 76er's 30 assist .. the 76er's got in a lay up line on us tonight.
The Knicks has no veteran playmaker on the roster .. Knicks has young PG (fighting) for playing time for our clueless coach.
We have no one who could break down a defense and draw help.
We have no one who can drive and dish.
We pass the ball around the perimeter until the shot clock gets low and Timmy or Burke has to create a shot to beat the clock.
Burke and Mudiay have failed miserably in terms of creating for others.
Ntilikina is just not a PG yet in terms of playmaking. We need to fix this by adding an experience Play-Maker!
If we add an experience real PG it will make life easier for all the Knick players, plus become the role-model for our young guards.
Good shots will appear for players Timmy, Knox and Tired KP return.
Not having a good Playmaker last year gave us a 29 win season .. It didn't matter how well Kanter and Tired-KP were Ballin last season we never got a lot of good shots or a creative move from a playmaker who could run the P&R or drive and dish. It was just pass the ball around until it lands in the hands of some one on the high post and let them go iso or shoot. This season dont look much different from last season.
Until Perry address the PG need .. rather than hallucinate on FA Durant, the Knicks will remain losers.
We expect to much from our rookies and 2nd season players when Perry has not furnished them with the tools for success.
We expect rookie Knox to look good when all the shots he gets are contested. Give Knox a PG to run the floor with that will get him some easy baskets rather than taking all those silly 3's (every one is not JJ Redick or Curry).
Timmy desperately needs a veteran playmaker, because tonight Butler locked Timmy up forcing Timmy to dribble and make clumsy decision all game.
Frank misses 2 shots and he gone .. Timmy/Burke shoot 2-18, play zero D, never pass and they stay on court all night.
The Knicks has another Puppet head coach in David Fizdale who are doing the same as all the Knicks previous loser head coaches by having the Knicks players run a 48 minute isolation game in our 7-16 record.

I still can't see your point in defending Nits, especially when bashing KP!!! you always push for giving Nits more time and be patient with him, and that he didn't have mentor or veteran PG to teach him. the problem with Frank is not wrong decisions or failing to understanding a play, he is bad at the fundamentals, he can't shoot or dribble like a guard, always looks lost, and I am not sure if I am the only one but I can't see the fuss about his defense, to me he fouls a lot, JJ is half his size and he was a joke while guarding him.
my biggest problem with Frank is heart, he play with no heart or desire, Burk for example gives you the feeling that he is trying his best and fighting on defense or offense (not necessarily doing a good job), Frank only claps when on the bench and say the right things to press about improving everything, but did we see any improvements? Burk and Mudaiy are much better than last year, Alonzo is doing it all without veteran sitting next to him, why Frank is not. He was bad last year, so he was supposed to be working on every aspect of his game to live up to his draft number, but he didn't, he still look lost even after all the games we played this season....... If I played a game with the Knicks i will have at least a steal, a rebound, a block or anything, i can't be an NBA player with high potential and have 0 Steals, 0 points, 0 Rebounds, 0 Blocks and 0 assists!!!!!!!!!!
Good players will show directly, Robinson for example, is very bad in foul trouble, and you can see he need a lot of mentoring , but you can see the potential, Frank is showing nothing, "Tired" KP as you say was in the highlight reel since his first year with the knicks, let alone living up to the hype of a franchise player and people are talking about how good he is since first season, can you see this in Frank?
Don't get me wrong, i am dying to see Frank play to his "potential", but till now i can't see it in his eyes, i can't understand how an NBA player can't hit a shot or drive to the basket at least couple of times a game!!

I think Frank should be hold accountable, maybe we send him to the G league, or bench him or do whatever to make him wake up and be better.... lets give him credit when he does actually play as a 8th pick in his second season....

A year from now when we?re talking about how Knox doesn?t know how to play at a pro level, it will be the current front office?s turn to look stupid. The NBA trend of taking all teenagers in the lottery with 1 or zero years of college experience only works if your franchise can develop players.

Guys like Trier and Dotson are doing better on our team because they were taught how to play in college (although both of them had pretty messed up college careers off the court). THJ was on the fast track to bust town until he went to Atlanta and played in the G League, now he?s the best player on our stupid team. Burke was a huge lottery bust, but then got it together in the G League.

Ntilikina is regressing playing under Fizdale. Send him to the G League.

mafra

Legend
Right now, you can?t say with a straight face that Frank Knitty in his second season is better than Mardy Collins was his rookie year.

If you believe the internet, Orlando is interested in Ntilikina and Philly was scouting him last night. Other teams are waiting for us to give him away for nothing I bet.

Right now, you can?t say with a straight face that Frank Knitty in his second season is better than Mardy Collins was his rookie year.

Wait, wasn?t Mardy Collins a 4-year college player who was already 22-years-old when he was a rookie?

mafra

Legend
Didn?t Knitty play a couple seasons in a professional league in France?

As a GM, you have to decide if it?s KP or Knitty. I seriously don?t see Knitty being much of anything for a title contending team for 3-4 years... Too late to help KP much for NY.

Now, if you want him to simply be a guy on the floor to play defense... sure, he has some value to a club ready right now.... but, are the Knicks better served selling Knits for assets?

Like in MLB, prospects help you improve areas of weakness either with their promotion or via deals.

I wouldn?t give Knits away, or sell him .75 cents on the dollar... but if a deal came I felt good with... I make the trade.

For Knicks, the goal is to be able to win next season. A healthy KP, a max free agent, a lottery hit is the way.

Timmy, Mudiay, Burke, Dotson all deserve minutes ahead of Knits.

Frank?s competiveness and passion and ego would worry the heck out of me... And, if I were Perry and didn?t draft him... I?m listening to offers.

Bc right now, Mardy Collins is the ceiling for Frank. I mean, last night in the post game Frank said in 2 years he hopes Knicks are where Philly is now... GTFOOH! How about next season Frank! Work harder to improve your offense. Actually take a shot every game or so.

If PHI wants to give me Fultz and their 1st... I?d do it.

Last edited:
We?re a bottom 5 team in the NBA, even after the recent winning streak. I think the talent of the rest of our roster is being oversold. A few weeks ago we were all saying Mudiay looked done and Trier looked like a one trick pony. A week ago everyone was excited about Burke, but he just had a couple good games.

I don?t think anyone is trading us a 1st round pick for Ntilkina. Maybe he can be packaged to move Lee?s contract, but I doubt it.

tiger0330

Legend
If you believe the internet, Orlando is interested in Ntilikina and Philly was scouting him last night. Other teams are waiting for us to give him away for nothing I bet.
Jerian Grant expiring and a protected first is what I read the Magic might offer for Frank. That Orlando scout can't have come away with anything good to say about him after the last 2 games other than he's got long arms.

Jerian Grant expiring and a protected first is what I read the Magic might offer for Frank. That Orlando scout can't have come away with anything good to say about him after the last 2 games other than he's got long arms.

I think offering a 1st round pick, protected or not, means they think he has significant value.

Kiyaman

Legend
I still can't see your point in defending Nits, especially when bashing KP!!! you always push for giving Nits more time and be patient with him, and that he didn't have mentor or veteran PG to teach him. the problem with Frank is not wrong decisions or failing to understanding a play, he is bad at the fundamentals, he can't shoot or dribble like a guard, always looks lost, and I am not sure if I am the only one but I can't see the fuss about his defense, to me he fouls a lot, JJ is half his size and he was a joke while guarding him.
my biggest problem with Frank is heart, he play with no heart or desire, Burk for example gives you the feeling that he is trying his best and fighting on defense or offense (not necessarily doing a good job), Frank only claps when on the bench and say the right things to press about improving everything, but did we see any improvements? Burk and Mudaiy are much better than last year, Alonzo is doing it all without veteran sitting next to him, why Frank is not. He was bad last year, so he was supposed to be working on every aspect of his game to live up to his draft number, but he didn't, he still look lost even after all the games we played this season....... If I played a game with the Knicks i will have at least a steal, a rebound, a block or anything, i can't be an NBA player with high potential and have 0 Steals, 0 points, 0 Rebounds, 0 Blocks and 0 assists!!!!!!!!!!
Good players will show directly, Robinson for example, is very bad in foul trouble, and you can see he need a lot of mentoring , but you can see the potential, Frank is showing nothing, "Tired" KP as you say was in the highlight reel since his first year with the knicks, let alone living up to the hype of a franchise player and people are talking about how good he is since first season, can you see this in Frank?
Don't get me wrong, i am dying to see Frank play to his "potential", but till now i can't see it in his eyes, i can't understand how an NBA player can't hit a shot or drive to the basket at least couple of times a game!!

I think Frank should be hold accountable, maybe we send him to the G league, or bench him or do whatever to make him wake up and be better.... lets give him credit when he does actually play as a 8th pick in his second season....

Perry should be held accountable .. the last two games the Knicks were Out-Coached in all 8 quarters of the game, and out-performed in all areas on the court. The Knicks as a team lack so much .. expecting individual performance to win games or to help in developing a teams best performance is Fizdale foolish way of coaching.
The Knicks lack a team defensive-plan, plus the Knicks lack an offensive-system where 3 or more players touch the ball on offense before the shot. The Knicks has NO offensive-plays to score other than a individual isolation-game.

It was obvious to all fans that the 19 yr old Frank Nitty came to the NBA as a potential depth player that will need coach/player mentoring to put into a teams system and creative plans. The Knicks has NO-system, nor does the Knicks have any plans.
This is Frank Nitty 2nd season in the NBA .. in Franks 2nd season he has a new head coach, plus 7 new teammates in this season rotation. On the defensive-end we dont have to teach Frank how to defend the perimeter or how to box-out inside the paint.
Frank does not have any NBA PG play-making skills, but neither does the Knicks roster.
If you watched the last two embarrassing Knicks games you could see that all the Knicks lineups performed like a team at the YMCA gym.

And Tired-KP had no paint skills his first three seasons in the NBA, and the Knicks never should have put the 7.3 KP without any center or PF skills in the starter lineup, nor the finisher lineup, which resulted in a 32 win season, then a 31 win season, then a 29 win season.
KP average 33 minute of playing time as a Knick, and doesnt have one double-double game in his 3 yr career shooting 41% from the FG.
Whose fault? Management fault for giving Tired-KP 3 different head coaches in 3 seasons, plus added 7 new teammates each season.

tiger0330

Legend
I think offering a 1st round pick, protected or not, means they think he has significant value.
True, If I were Perry I'd be all over that deal if the Magic do offer that. I don't see it though, they want a young play maker to succeed DJ and you have to be wildly imaginative to see Frank filling that role any time soon.

Kiyaman

Legend
True, If I were Perry I'd be all over that deal if the Magic do offer that. I don't see it though, they want a young play maker to succeed DJ and you have to be wildly imaginative to see Frank filling that role any time soon.

DJ is a Keeper for the Magic club, he got all his teammates on a pass-first rule to get easy shot or give the ball back .. The Magic got the Big-men to make the playoffs this season, adding a tall passing guard Frank to add Depth to the Magic scheme, I guess its a better decision than adding Fultz.