Game thread: New York Knicks vs Milwaukee Bucks 12/1/2018

tiger0330

Legend
I mentioned in the other NBA games thread that DRose could be the first player to win the MVP and MIP with the season he's having. They were just talking about Freak and he's in the conversation for MVP, if he does win MVP he'd be the first to win both awards. They mentioned he's scored 30+ points in like 5/6 games but the team is not dominating with a 6-4 record the last 10. We can take them. :)

These early starts drive me crazy, but going to try to watch while my daughter is playing.

Hezonja with the steal and then the dunk down the other end contested by Ante. Hezonja is nothing but untapped potential. Good for Fiz sticking with him.

mafra

Legend
17-10. Vonleh dunks it, looking like Greek Freak. MH stuffs it down and Greek Freak gets posterized. Ante already got away with a foul on MH and a moving pick.

tiger0330

Legend
These early starts drive me crazy, but going to try to watch while my daughter is playing.

Hezonja with the steal and then the dunk down the other end contested by Ante. Hezonja is nothing but untapped potential. Good for Fiz sticking with him.

17-10. Vonleh dunks it, looking like Greek Freak. MH stuffs it down and Greek Freak gets posterized. Ante already got away with a foul on MH and a moving pick.
One dunk just like Mudiay who hasn't done much since that play. Mario is a guy that I thought had the most potential of all the retreads we have but he's been disappointing so far.

One dunk just like Mudiay who hasn't done much since that play. Mario is a guy that I thought had the most potential of all the retreads we have but he's been disappointing so far.

Of all the underachievers on our roster, Hezonja?s lack of success is the hardest to understand. He has size, athleticism, and a decent skill set. Is it lack of effort? Bad decision making? I don?t get it.

tiger0330

Legend
They brought up Kornet from Westchester and sent down Baker. Baker is the forgotten man, no stories about him not playing any longer.

Thon Maker comes down on Burke?s ankle. Unclear if Burke will return. Ron Baker inactive with Kornet called up.

tiger0330

Legend
Burke goes down and needs help coming off the floor. Nits gets more time at the point? Let's see if he comes out fired up after that stream of negative stories about him.

Knox drains the 3, but then isn?t that the criticism? That all Fiz has Knox doing is waiting at the perimeter to shoot 3-pointers?

tiger0330

Legend
Of all the underachievers on our roster, Hezonja’s lack of success is the hardest to understand. He has size, athleticism, and a decent skill set. Is it lack of effort? Bad decision making? I don’t get it.
Who knows but I will say that line of crap about playing low key to mesh with the other Knicks is the wrong approach in his contract year. The guy should be super aggressive and demanding the ball at every opportunity.

mafra

Legend
Knox drains the 3, but then isn?t that the criticism? That all Fiz has Knox doing is waiting at the perimeter to shoot 3-pointers?

Teenagers are gonna be raw. It wouldn?t surprise me if it takes a few years for it to click. Ante is good example. He was pretty meh his rookie year.

We can?t keep flipping roster over every year. To me, I look to extend Mario, Vonleh, Mudiay, Burke on team-friendly deals next Summer and how the kids improve and KP returns. Continuity will mean something. I think Kanter is the only guy we won?t be able to afford... if I could, I keep them all and hope KP rises all boats.

Only way I go another direction, is if I need money to sign 2 quality free agents and need the money. With MLE and stuff we can do it. I don?t see teams running for MH, EM, TB.

tiger0330

Legend
Instead of Nits Fiz has Zo playing PG while Trey is out. Breen said he played PG at AZ so he should be able to run a team.

tiger0330

Legend
Dotson continues to play well, his minutes should be most affected by the CLee return but he's playing really well.

mafra

Legend
Maybe dotson took knits minutes. Might just be a respite breather for Frank to clear his mind. Let him sit and watch and learn for a game or a week...

I say he?s better served playing 30 minutes in then g League...