Game thread: New York Knicks vs Washington Wizards 7:30 12/3/2018 [Game #25]

tiger0330

Legend
So how did the Courtney Lee experiment go. Like playing him tonight went from cap relief to 1st round pick unprotected? Is this how it works?

We could have gotten a much better veteran role-player performance from some of our ex-player SG (Holiday/Galloway) than what CLee gave us tonight. CLee first performance this season looked like he became a Knick yesterday .. its gonna be hard to trade CLee lack of performance .. i wouldnt give CLee any more playingtime this season smh
His first game back from not having played a the entire season. Decent outing if you ask me, 7 pts in 15 minutes and hit a 3. If you want to trade him you have to showcase him and that 3 pt shooting ability of his.

mafra

Legend
Crazy to think about fact that Mudiay is younger than Trier. In fact, this would?ve been Mudiay?s senior season in college.

Maybe Knicks sign Eric Bledsoe if Kemba and Kyrie turn down their money.

Mudiay and Bledsoe? Hmmm....

Broadway

All Star
His first game back from not having played a the entire season. Decent outing if you ask me, 7 pts in 15 minutes and hit a 3. If you want to trade him you have to showcase him and that 3 pt shooting ability of his.

So at the expense of throwing off rotations, potentially winning games, and developing players we play this guy in hopes to trade for what he's only worth. Playing him 15min/gm won't do much for any team who has interest in him. If you play him more it's a major disservice towards development, if it equates to losses what would be the point. Lee is worth fodder and a very low value pick, nothing more.

The only possible way this works if he truly factors into us winning BIG! We can accomplish whatever our goals are without him. He should only play if we're winning games comfortably or getting blown out(if it's strictly about seeing if he's healthy for other teams), otherwise he should see no floor time in contested games. Not to mention he's continuing his trend from last yr of mis opportuned play when needed most.

Last edited:

KingCharles34

All Star
I could never figure out why Dotson went from starter to getting close to no minutes for a while, i feel like he shouldve stayed in the starting lineup

Money Mitch still has alot to learn but his hands are so active, he covers ground quickly and he puts forth his max effort. A few teams will regret not drafting him, including a team i still have a strong disliking for to this day...the Bostscum Celtpricks. Horford is slowing down for them and never was an elite rim protector

Mitch seems like hes bound to be an elite rim protector

Kiyaman

Legend

Decent outing .......
Sorry another Fizdale bad decision-making .. CLee showed no type of veteran leadership to improve any of the Knicks young-core players performance in his 15 minute on the court .. CLee performance made the trade value go down from trading him last night, plus his so-call defense made the bench lineup look useless with him on the court. The young-core Knicks dont need a veteran player that dont perform like a veteran player (Bust).
The 34-19 third quarter decided the winners of this game .. Fizdale's 3rd qt. rotation looked real bad on both sides of the court (Mario Hezonja is not a 2nd half player smh) u want in a lineup to outscore a poor defenseless Washington Wizard club (missing-piece Gortat 27 min defense), the Wiz offense this season depend on 4 players .. Wall, Beal, Oubre Jr., and Porter's transition scoring to win games this season, plus having a inconsistent Morris who really miss playing longside (ex-center) Gortat in the lineup.

Fizdale's poor-poor scouting on the Wizards .. did not help our (DEVELOPING) young-core players confidence after the Bucks win.
There's only one (developing) Knick player that should have been added to the rotation vs the Wizards star scoring guards Wall & Beal .. And that player should've been Frank Nitty's defense !!!

Kiyaman

Legend
So at the expense of throwing off rotations, potentially winning games, and developing players we play this guy in hopes to trade for what he's only worth. Playing him 15min/gm won't do much for any team who has interest in him. If you play him more it's a major disservice towards development, if it equates to losses what would be the point. Lee is worth fodder and a very low value pick, nothing more.

The only possible way this works if he truly factors into us winning BIG! We can accomplish whatever our goals are without him. He should only play if we're winning games comfortably or getting blown out(if it's strictly about seeing if he's healthy for other teams), otherwise he should see no floor time in contested games. Not to mention he's continuing his trend from last yr of mis opportuned play when needed most.

So so True !!!

Kiyaman

Legend
Crazy to think about fact that Mudiay is younger than Trier. In fact, this would’ve been Mudiay’s senior season in college.

Maybe Knicks sign Eric Bledsoe if Kemba and Kyrie turn down their money.

Mudiay and Bledsoe? Hmmm....

Please .. no Bledsoe or Kemba .. they both are just a season or two better than Mudiay.
I want to test Alonzo Trier at the PG spot before the All-Star break (he's a Keeper), plus I like all our young PG development so far.
The best FA PG to go after in the off season that will bring success n playoff experience to our young-core team will be .. 1 yr Rondo !!!