Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    12th man

Nyk Logo Who could be affected by Allonzo Trierís contract?

New York Knicks: Who could be affected by Allonzo Trierís contract?

With Allonzo Trierís 45-day limit coming up on December 15, the New York Knicks will make a play to sign him to an NBA contract.
    With a loss-ridden, but competitive season for the New York Knicks, there have been many encouraging signs from some of the neophytes on the roster. In particular, the Arizona Wildcats undrafted guard Allonzo Trier has been playing with a hefty chip on his shoulder, resulting in him ranking seventh in points among rookies and second in three-point percentage at 40.9 percent.
    Trierís unexpected start to the season has him as one the Knicks most important sparks off the bench, and the most efficient rookie on the team through 25 games. The season has a long ways to go, but it seems that the Knicks have truly found a diamond in the rough.
    A deal will inevitably come his way. What the deal may comprise of has yet to be determined, but it will most likely be a multi-year deal using the Knicksí remaining $3.3 million biannual exception, according to Marc Berman of The New York Post.
    The only dilemma the Knicks are facing within the coming weeks is clearing a roster spot with Trierís new contract in the works. They will have the option of either waiving a player to clear the roster spot, or they can look to trade players for cash considerations, expiring contracts to waive, or future picks.

12th man

I thought they would be waiving Kornet but Ron Baker I think is more likely the guy they waive despite the 4.2M remaining on his contract. Knicks have a lot of guys that can play his position and he's buried deep on the bench currently.

I don't see a trade happening before the deadline that would create a roster spot.

12th man

Mario Hezonja and CLee are a must GO!
    Baker's passing n defensive hustle at the PG spot could be traded to the Phoenix Suns for draft picks.

12th man

I dont understand why Trier were DNP for the Hornets game, when his contract ends on Dec. 15th. the day before we play the Hornets again on the 14th. I would have like to see Trier vs Malik Monk play against each other twice in a week to see how well Iso-Zo adapt to playing in a series.

12th man

Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    I dont understand why Trier were DNP for the Hornets game, when his contract ends on Dec. 15th. the day before we play the Hornets again on the 14th. I would have like to see Trier vs Malik Monk play against each other twice in a week to see how well Iso-Zo adapt to playing in a series.
    He was injured with a strained hammy. The injury may also give the Knicks a few more days to work out a trade for someone to clear a spot for him. The time he's out injured doesn't count against his 45 days and may put him past the Dec. 15 date where FAs signed over the summer can be traded, not likely imo.

12th man

Originally Posted by tiger0330
    He was injured with a strained hammy. The injury may also give the Knicks a few more days to work out a trade for someone to clear a spot for him. The time he's out injured doesn't count against his 45 days and may put him past the Dec. 15 date where FAs signed over the summer can be traded, not likely imo.
    I didn't know Trier was injured, i thought Trier were put on the silly Fizdale's special benching plan.
    It gets scary when u think bout the Knicks mismanagement (Mills/Perry) are gonna trade Knick players.
    The Phoenix Suns has Trevor Ariza on the trade block, a player we could really use in our rotation to give Knox pointers on becoming a 2-Way SF, plus mentor Frank on being a point-forward. C.Lee & Baker for Ariza.

Veteran

why would the suns want to add 12.7m salary next year for clee??? why would they want him even for free???

12th man

I didn't know Trier was injured, i thought Trier were put on the silly Fizdale's special benching plan.
    It gets scary when u think bout the Knicks mismanagement (Mills/Perry) are gonna trade Knick players.
    The Phoenix Suns has Trevor Ariza on the trade block, a player we could really use in our rotation to give Knox pointers on becoming a 2-Way SF, plus mentor Frank on being a point-forward. C.Lee & Baker for Ariza.
    Knicks need a trade that doesn't take back a player. A realistic trade might be Dotson for a trade exception and a 2nd for him.

12th man

I thought they would be waiving Kornet but Ron Baker I think is more likely the guy they waive despite the 4.2M remaining on his contract. Knicks have a lot of guys that can play his position and he's buried deep on the bench currently.

I don't see a trade happening before the deadline that would create a roster spot.
    Knicks release Baker and sign Zo to a 2 year deal team option for the 2nd year using their bi-annual exception. Good signing by the Knicks.

12th man

I'm glad Mills isn't running the team, with or without PJ he would have been a disaster making personnel decisions, remember he touted Baker as one of the young players that would turn around the Knicks. I like what Perry has done so far, now it has to translate to Ws.

Veteran

Wow, we sure paid Baker a lot of money to not do much.

Veteran

Trierís cap hit is 3.55 million for the 2019 offseason. Is this us sort of giving up on a max contract free agent? I really donít see how we are moving Lee or Thomasí contracts.

Veteran

Originally Posted by htr10
    Wow, we sure paid Baker a lot of money to not do much.
    Opie is on his way back to mayberry... with 4.5m in his pocket- aunt bea is proud, so is andy and goober

Trier and ďKDĒ became ďcloseĒ when Trier was one of the top high school prospects in the country, spending two years playing high school ball in Oklahoma City. The then-Thunder star has served as a mentor and attended several of Trierís high school games.

ďWe became close, yes,íí Trier said after Thursdayís practice here. ďYeah, heís seen plenty [of my games]. I was one of the top-ranked players in the country out of high school. Just a guy being a genuine person, wanted to look out for me, wanted to get to know me and build a relationship with me. Ever since then our bond has grown and [he] became my brother.Ē

Trier has heard from Durant this season.

ďYeah, he told me youíre in a blessed position,íí Trier said. ďHe told me soon youíll be secure and youíll be taken care. Just continue to work hard. He already knows I love the game and how much I dedicate to it. He said enjoy this now. Youíre going to play a really long time in this league. So just continue to stay even-keeled, take the ups, take the downs and continue to just be yourself and that will take care of it, especially when you love the game.Ē

12th man

I'm glad Mills isn't running the team, with or without PJ he would have been a disaster making personnel decisions, remember he touted Baker as one of the young players that would turn around the Knicks. I like what Perry has done so far, now it has to translate to Ws.
    I never had any luv for Mills after Mills was one of the executives that stepped in and refuse to select Ron Artest in the 1999 NBA Draft when Dolan Fired GM Grunfield.
    Mills eats another contract, how the hell couldn't he find a trade for a guy who has 4 months left on his contract?
    It just goes to show how ridiculous and pathetic Mills are as a NBA executive .. You dont give 2nd tier FA like Baker and Timmy contracts the first two week of July.
    So far Mills/Perry couldn't find a trade for kuz and he was making less than 2 mill, couldn't find a trade for Noah, traded Willy for practically nothing, and still can't find a trade for lance or Lee 2 high character players.

I know we are loaded at the guard spot, but when it comes down to cutting a player and you have a choice between Kornet or Baker?
    Bye-bye Kornet! Baker's hustle defense is valuable.