KP News and return date

The Dragon

Benchwarmer
Hello All, where is KP? what is he doing? isn't it strange that we are not getting anything on him? what stage is he in, return date.....anything?

I find it weird that there are no news at all about our franchise player?!!

tiger0330

Legend
He's on the bench at every home game. As far as his status, I don't think even he knows but I think fans would be interested in hearing any news. Why not tweet Rebecca Harlowe and suggest getting an interview with him and maybe she might be able to give you some news on him.

The Dragon

Benchwarmer
You think she will do it? it is really strange a player with his calibar is under the radar that long, especially that he was expressing how much he wants to go back ...

The Dragon

Benchwarmer
Thank mate, it seems nothing new, not even videos or news on him doing rehab or training... just nothing...

tiger0330

Legend
The sideline reporter on the TNT game said the Knicks are being very hush hush on KP. He's not working out with the team otherwise you would have heard it and that's the most important sign. Even when he begins workouts, he could still be months away. Cuz was working out with the Warriors beginning of the season and the latest is he may return end of Jan. Grant Hill who went through innumerable injury rehabs said KP should take the rest of the season off and get a fresh start next season. If that happens and I'm Perry, I wouldn't extend him, I'd wait until FA and match any offer he got. I'm sure that would piss him off but it's the right decision for the Knicks.

The Dragon

Benchwarmer
I guess he will not play this season... Tanking another year...... it is really frustrating...... what annoys me the most is that you see all the teams playing and competing and we are just playing for picks year in year out.....

and it seems they asked him not to post anything, he used to post a lot of things about himself training or doing things, now nothing..... he just posted the photo of him sprinting after the coach went over the limit and said he is not doing anything.... just to tell us maybe that he is doing everything but he can't show it.....

Broadway

All Star
The sideline reporter on the TNT game said the Knicks are being very hush hush on KP. He's not working out with the team otherwise you would have heard it and that's the most important sign. Even when he begins workouts, he could still be months away. Cuz was working out with the Warriors beginning of the season and the latest is he may return end of Jan. Grant Hill who went through innumerable injury rehabs said KP should take the rest of the season off and get a fresh start next season. If that happens and I'm Perry, I wouldn't extend him, I'd wait until FA and match any offer he got. I'm sure that would piss him off but it's the right decision for the Knicks.

I doubt he comes back which is consistent with what they said before the season tipped off. To be re-evaluated during February(deadline time) season is pretty much over he won't be cleared for full contact until possibly around this time.

Last edited:

tiger0330

Legend
Meanwhile...

Lol

He's been practicing with the team since the beginning of the season. They're targeting end of JAN last I heard, he might not have any rust when he comes back given all the workouts and practicing he's been doing. Can't wait to see how he fits and whether Kerr has him coming off the bench and playing with the second unit.

mafra

Legend
There?ll be no Merry Kristaps and no January return. The earliest Kristaps Porzingis can possibly be back from his ACL tear is not until late February, pending him meeting benchmarks. And Knicks president Steve Mills still would not guarantee his return this season.

The Knicks released a statement saying Porzingis received a battery of tests and may soon advance to ?oncourt team drills and activities? and ?will be reevaluated in mid-February.? That is the one-year anniversary of his knee surgery and a timetable that has been followed in the NBA for ACL tears recently.

In a meeting with Knicks writers, Mills said how much Porzingis does on the court is ?fluid.? Mills said it?s possible he?ll be cleared for practice before mid-February, but he said nothing is assured.

The Dragon

Benchwarmer
why they are treating the matter this way? what is wrong with seeing KP progress and healing process? why the secrecy? besides, even if we are keeping him till next season for tanking purposes, isn't it better if we give him some minutes on court when we can with our team so they can have playing time together? instead of starting the next season and waiting 20 games for KP to get used to the rest of the players?