Game thread: New York Knicks @ Boston Celtics 8:00 12/6/2018 [Game #26]

jimkcchief88

All Star
Just reading people think we're trading Frank by the deadline. Probably some truth to the rumor when you have your backup PG injured in a suit on the bench and you have your backup SG Zo playing PG when he has no business playing there and you can't get a minute on the floor. If I'm Nits someone's telling me I'm not needed.

Knits is right where he belongs on the BENCH:). Sorry “Knicks Mob” I tried to tell you Fredric Jr stinks!

Knits is right where he belongs on the BENCH:). Sorry ?Knicks Mob? I tried to tell you Fredric Jr stinks!

This whole team stinks. We are on pace to go 25 - 57 or something like that.

I?m at the point where I?m literally only paying attention when MRob is on the court. I like Vonleh too, but he?s going to end up somewhere else for more money next season, so what?s the point? Fizdale has lost me almost as fast as Hornacek did. He buys into his own bull**** too much. This team shouldn?t have hired another coach who plays games with the rotations all season long.

Last edited:

Kiyaman

Legend
Hard to win when yout give up 69 points in a half; TNT crew was clowning us in the pregame; prepare for more of the business at halftime um um um:(

The worse part of this game was that it was a national televise slaughter reminding the country that the knicks still suck .. The TNT crew were not clowning in their pregame talk bout the Knicks suck .. The Knicks do SUCK!
Fizdale doesnt have a clue of what he's doing .. the Knicks poor 2nd half performance last night look the same as it was in our 1-5 start this season .. were not moving forward, were moving backwards with Fizdale. Take Frank off the bench so we could at least win a couple of the next few games against the Nets Hornets Cavs ....

I'm tired of Fizdale clueless antics in our Development-season, the many changes in the starter lineup, plus the unnecessary benching of young players, plus not having a offense/defense system for the development of young players.
Fizdale has not created a design-play for Dotson or Timmy's perimeter shooting, nor has Fizdale created a design-play for rookie Knox and Trier slashing to the hoop or their pull back 15 foot jumper. Fizdale hasn't worked on creating a design-play for low post-up moves for Kanter or rookie MitchRob who inside scoring has come mostly from offensive rebounds.

Frank & Dotson need to be develop throughout this season into becoming the Knicks 6.6 tandem starting backcourt guards, Trier, Knox, and MitchRob need to be develop into bringing energy off the bench.
Why didnt the Knicks hire Mark Jackson as the Head Coach !!!

Kiyaman

Legend
This whole team stinks. We are on pace to go 25 - 57 or something like that.

I’m at the point where I’m literally only paying attention when MRob is on the court. I like Vonleh too, but he’s going to end up somewhere else for more money next season, so what’s the point? Fizdale has lost me almost as fast as Hornacek did. He buys into his own bull**** too much. This team shouldn’t have hired another coach who plays games with the rotations all season long.

So true .. Fizdale is so busy changing rotation every week that he hasn't given one of his many lineups the time or patience to develop.

jimkcchief88

All Star
The worse part of this game was that it was a national televise slaughter reminding the country that the knicks still suck .. The TNT crew were not clowning in their pregame talk bout the Knicks suck .. The Knicks do SUCK!
Fizdale doesnt have a clue of what he's doing .. the Knicks poor 2nd half performance last night look the same as it was in our 1-5 start this season .. were not moving forward, were moving backwards with Fizdale. Take Frank off the bench so we could at least win a couple of the next few games against the Nets Hornets Cavs ....

I'm tired of Fizdale clueless antics in our Development-season, the many changes in the starter lineup, plus the unnecessary benching of young players, plus not having a offense/defense system for the development of young players.
Fizdale has not created a design-play for Dotson or Timmy's perimeter shooting, nor has Fizdale created a design-play for rookie Knox and Trier slashing to the hoop or their pull back 15 foot jumper. Fizdale hasn't worked on creating a design-play for low post-up moves for Kanter or rookie MitchRob who inside scoring has come mostly from offensive rebounds.

Frank & Dotson need to be develop throughout this season into becoming the Knicks 6.6 tandem starting backcourt guards, Trier, Knox, and MitchRob need to be develop into bringing energy off the bench.
Why didnt the Knicks hire Mark Jackson as the Head Coach !!!

Yeah not much ball movement; guys chucking; Kanter sets up too far from the hoop for my linking; Mrob raw talent...Just a young teams’ blues. I do like Mudiay at the point. I wanted him before Kristaps so I’m happy we got him. Looks like Mudiay is growing into his game. He’s take cats off the dribble, jumper is improving, he looks like belongs..outside of that the tank rolled on. “Super Mario” starting is a joke. Funny NY Post article today about him still starting ,even though he can’t score, for his defense. A Former Knick scout called “bs” on that one. And Mario’s uniform is so tight it looks like a leatard.:) Probably restricting Mario’s shoots motion on Chief:)

mafra

Legend
If NY wanted to give Super Mario an earnest look, than i see nothing wrong starting him for 10 games or so... if they feel that makes him happiest and gives them best chance to evaluate...

So far, Vonleh and Mudiay have played themselves into keepers. Burke is a maybe, but with Dotson and Trier... well, it so much.

Mario won?t be here and I imagine he will
Lose starting gig by Feb.

Kiyaman

Legend
Yeah not much ball movement; guys chucking; Kanter sets up too far from the hoop for my linking; Mrob raw talent...Just a young teams’ blues. I do like Mudiay at the point. I wanted him before Kristaps so I’m happy we got him. Looks like Mudiay is growing into his game. He’s take cats off the dribble, jumper is improving, he looks like belongs..outside of that the tank rolled on. “Super Mario” starting is a joke. Funny NY Post article today about him still starting ,even though he can’t score, for his defense. A Former Knick scout called “bs” on that one. And Mario’s uniform is so tight it looks like a leatard.:) Probably restricting Mario’s shoots motion on Chief:)

That article on Mario had me baffled bc Mario gives us good hustle off the ball he's to clumsy on defense, but .. on the defensive end it doesn't look like Fizdale created any type of set defense for a certain trio of Kanter Mario and Timmy in the 9 game starting lineup, and the man to man defense we been playing does need a lot of side line help in the 2nd half of games.

tiger0330

Legend
?If you can?t dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bull****? is a great quote. It should be our franchise motto.

On Chief in other words ? sell the sizzle not the steak?

This is what I said about Fiz a couple of months ago. He definitely has a line of BS esp that line about what him, Mills, Perry and Dolan are doing with the Knicks that's going to make us attractive to FAs.

From what I've seen so far out of Fiz he's an overrated coach. Might have charisma and a line of BS, but as an x and o's coach he's mediocre. He's here for a few years so the other quality he...

tiger0330

Legend
Dungeon is right, Nits and Baker can't even get a couple of minutes of playing time in garbage time of a blowout. Baker is probably the guy that gets cut when they have to sign Zo but why play head games with Ntilikina.

Knits is right where he belongs on the BENCH:). Sorry ?Knicks Mob? I tried to tell you Fredric Jr stinks!
Apparently "head game" is exactly what Fiz is playing with all the guys, the Post said Riley did the same when he coached the Knicks so Fiz must have learned it from him. Looks like we see Nits back in the lineup maybe as early as the Nets game tonight.

Fiz does have a line of BS though responding to a question about why he didn't put Nits in for garbage time and answering that he thinks Nits is an NBA player and didn't want to demean him by playing him in garbage time. SMH

Apparently "head game" is exactly what Fiz is playing with all the guys, the Post said Riley did the same when he coached the Knicks so Fiz must have learned it from him. Looks like we see Nits back in the lineup maybe as early as the Nets game tonight.

Fiz does have a line of BS though responding to a question about why he didn't put Nits in for garbage time and answering that he thinks Nits is an NBA player and didn't want to demean him by playing him in garbage time. SMH

Well, if Fizdale can do for us what Riley did for the Heat, I?m back on board. Until then, I am skeptical of his methods.