201587.png
1626209.png

101107.png
203943.png

203469.png
202683.png

Injury Report

Charlotte HornetsNew York Knicks
No injuries to reportLance Thomas - Left knee surgery (OUT)
-Kristaps Porzingis - Left knee (OUT)
-Trey Burke - Sprained right knee (DOUBT)

Game Preview

After dropping a 112-104 decision to the Brooklyn Nets on Saturday night at Madison Square Garden, the New York Knicks welcome the visiting Charlotte Hornets on Sunday at MSG for the first of two matchups with the Hornets in three games.

This time around, the Knicks find the Hornets coming off perhaps their best win of the season, a 113-107 victory over the Western Conference-leading Denver Nuggets. The win, which included a dominant 40-28 second quarter, snapped a three-game losing streak for the Hornets.

Charlotte managed the win despite shooting 38.4 percent from the floor making the most of transition, as the Hornets had 20 assists in the win, with Kemba Walker leading the way with eight to go along with his 21 points.

"Something we hammered in practice was spacing the floor and making the next pass," Hornets forward Frank Kaminsky said. "In the Minnesota game, we were getting good shots and good looks, but there were better ones available. We call it 'good to great,' and that's what we were really doing well tonight. We were just moving the ball and finding the open guy."

Maybe even more important for Charlotte than the passing was the perimeter defense against Denver, which shot 23 percent from deep.

Against the Brooklyn Nets on Saturday, the Knicks' perimeter defense doomed them almost as much as their own outside offense. New York let Brooklyn shoot 50 percent from 3-point range while making just 8 of 26 attempts.

Tim Hardaway Jr. was the primary culprit for the offensive meltdown, shooting 2 of 12 from the field and going 0 of 5 on 3-pointers. Backups Allonzo Trier and Damyean Dotson helped make up for some of Hardaway's misfires with a combined 27 points off the bench in the loss.

"I was searching that whole game for a lineup that could just compete defensively and move the ball offensively," Knicks coach David Fizdale said. "We were in mud for pretty much two and a half, three quarters of that game, and then the young guys came in a provided a big spark."

Frank Ntilikina, who has lost time in the Knicks' rotation and become the subject of trade rumors, played an important 16 minutes off the bench, scoring seven points and finishing with a team-high plus-seven plus/minus ratio.

"Huge. I'm very proud of the way he handled everything," Fizdale said. "That's the thread of our team now. I'm starting to see a consistent strain in these guys, show they respond to not playing. I'm really proud of the way Frank approached it."

New York is also going to have to shut down Charlotte's bench, which combined to score 53 points against Denver with Tony Parker leading the way with 19 points and Malik Monk adding 16.

"I thought the bench was great tonight, especially in the first half. They got us going, brought great energy," Borrego said. "They scored. They moved the ball.

"Malik was really big for us there. I thought he had a really good night. It was one of his best nights in a while so give Malik a lot of credit. He stayed ready. We trust him. He's been working hard behind the scenes getting ready for these moments and I think he delivered tonight."

(STATS / cbssports.com)

Kiyaman

Legend
Wsup Rady .. Thanks for the back to back Game-Thread .... The Hornets did shake-up the Denver Nuggets by shutting down their deep perimeter shooting, maybe that will stop the Knicks from shooting so many 3-balls in the first 3 quarters, because last night the Knicks offense got outscored on in each of the first 3 quarters vs the Brooklyn Nets .. Wsup? whats the reason for this ???
All those missed 3-ball shots in the first half could've been used to develop n work on set shots within 20 feet by having ball movement and picks.

I'm waiting on Fizdale to form one dependable 5-man lineup out of 10 rotation players, and give that 5-Man lineup the majority of minutes in each game to develop some co-existing in the lineup for teammates to follow suit.
Mudiay Timmy Mario Vonleh Kanter ..
Frank Dotson Trier Knox MitchRob ..
or Frank Dotson Knox Vonleh Kanter

tiger0330

Legend
Don't see how long Mario can stay in the starting lineup 0-3. Knox has a prime chance to start if he can get it together.

tiger0330

Legend
Parker schooling his countryman Nits. 8 pts in about 4 minutes with that variety of crafty moves under the basket he did with the Spurs.

Broadway

All Star
Parker schooling his countryman Nits. 8 pts in about 4 minutes with that variety of crafty moves under the basket he did with the Spurs.

He is but let his apologizers tell it :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:...he did have a possession where he turned him over and got switched off of him but he's not providing much defensively, which once again is his sold strength to the masses

Meanwhile Hezonja guarded Kemba fairly well but why are people getting on him...oh that's right because he is sucking offensively and justifiably so

See the rules of critique apply equally to everyone not simply against the ones we dislike

tiger0330

Legend
Knox coast to coast with a tough bank shot for his bucket. Kid needs to give up the rock to the trailer more though.

tiger0330

Legend
He is but let his apologizers tell it :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:...he did have a possession where he turned him over and got switched off of him but he's not providing much defensively, which once again is his sold strength to the masses

Meanwhile Hezonja guarded Kemba fairly well but why are people getting on him...oh that's right because he is sucking offensively and justifiably so

See the rules of critique apply equally to everyone not simply against the ones we dislike
Nits is back in the lineup but he's not a PG and there are better options for SG's. Right now he's a marginal player that will find his way to the bench again.

We trail 49 - 35 in the 2nd quarter. This team overall looks so lousy on both ends most nights, I don?t even see the point in singling out individual poor performances.

tiger0330

Legend
61-47 Hornets at the half. D continues to be the main problem for the Knicks.

Hornets PG'S 25 pts between Kemba and Parker. Knicks 6 between Mudiay and Nits.

Last edited:

Broadway

All Star
We trail 49 - 35 in the 2nd quarter. This team overall looks so lousy on both ends most nights, I don’t even see the point in singling out individual poor performances.

Agree but there's no need for fans to lose their mind as coach tries to figure out who can do what even should it land to DNPs or little playing time. There absolutely little to few players who deserve a sure lot on this team

Last edited:

Broadway

All Star
Like it looks like Trier(is he hurt?) has the night off so Knits and Lee can prove their worth...it is what it is with this team

tiger0330

Legend
Usually we've been about .500 approaching that Xmas game, if Fiz priorities don't include winning he's doing a good job. 20 pt lead by the Hornets, 10 left in the 3rd.

Broadway

All Star
AWFUL all around performance. I don't care who Fiz plays at this point, If we lose I'm at my happiest of mood

tiger0330

Legend
Knox coast to coast with a tough bank shot for his bucket. Kid needs to give up the rock to the trailer more though.
Knox is a chucker taking 18 shots the most on the team. Has 18 pts on a less than efficient 7-18 shooting. Not sure how I feel about an inconsistent rookie taking all those shots.

tiger0330

Legend
Nits hits a nice 3. Nice form, a little slow on the release but nice looking shot. I think his success is going to be tied to how good a 3 pt shooter he becomes. Just as I write this he hits another.

tiger0330

Legend
Nits hits a nice 3. Nice form, a little slow on the release but nice looking shot. I think his success is going to be tied to how good a 3 pt shooter he becomes. Just as I write this he hits another.
Kid hits another from the top. 8 pts one of those jumpers was a long 2.

Broadway

All Star

When the pressure is off is when Knits shines most. Knox has a game much like Melo it only benefits himself but he's a rookie so I'll see if he expands his game as the season goes along