Game thread: New York Knicks @ Indiana Pacers 5:00 12/16/2018 [Game #31]

Broadway

All Star
Hezonja played really good defense this qrt although his offense has gone ghost. Meanwhile Knits can't hit a jumper anymore...he hasn't been close on any of his perimeter shots and our back court is getting abused at the moment

Kiyaman

Legend
He probably gets Vonleh's minutes but is he clearly a better player than him? Not sure he is and our record would be the same. Meanwhile the Pacers are 19-10 mitigating him(which they should based on their style of play) and probably could have a better record had VO not missed a few games this season.

The Pacers are a perfect team to use as a means to vision what your team would look like if you limit roles of players who may be assumed better but not an absolute

I wouldve like seein KO/Vonleh/Knox in a lineup .. what KO and Mcderm bring to the lockerroom and practice makes the Pacers a better team .. the same with Greg Monroe on the Raptors

Broadway

All Star
I wouldve like seein KO/Vonleh/Knox in a lineup .. what KO and Mcderm bring to the lockerroom and practice makes the Pacers a better team .. the same with Greg Monroe on the Raptors

Vonleh and KO wouldn't be here unless Kanter leaves to the Bucks...so this would never be realistic. You're reaching with the practice mention. That's like me saying John Jenkins is the reason our guards are playing better because he's putting pressure on them from the G-League

mafra

Legend
PHO (24), ATL, CLE, CHI (23), and NY (22) are gonna seriously battle next 4 months.... looks like NYK a lock for a top 5 pick now.

Broadway

All Star
Got a little sloppy 2min after the starters came back in. Had a chance after Knox hit that 3 from the side but went down hill from there.

Broadway

All Star
PHO (24), ATL, CLE, CHI (23), and NY (22) are gonna seriously battle next 4 months.... looks like NYK a lock for a top 5 pick now.

Yep we better not bring back #kporzee to jack this up either. We're a bad team always were before the season started

Kiyaman

Legend
There's nothing to question here at all

yeah it is .. the Knicks were suppose to bring in an experience NBA PG in the 2018 offseason, not bring in another young developing PG Mudiaye on the trade deadline. Im still skeptical bout Perry for trading Oladipo and Harris in Orlando.
No Perry and Orlando is a .500 team .. No Mudiay and Denver is a 19-9 winning team.

Kiyaman

Legend
Yep we better not bring back #kporzee to jack this up either. We're a bad team always were before the season started

Tired-KP performance has never added any wins for the Knicks .. Tired KP is not a 4th qtr. player who has a hustle performance to give the Knicks a win. You guys need to stop living on the FAKE big-apple hype on Tired-KP the guy is to soft in the paint, plus he's not a 2-Way player !!!
I said it in his rookie season and i will say it again .. "I would take Miles Turner over Tired-KP all day everyday!"

Broadway

All Star
yeah it is .. the Knicks were suppose to bring in an experience NBA PG in the 2018 offseason, not bring in another young developing PG Mudiaye on the trade deadline. Im still skeptical bout Perry for trading Oladipo and Harris in Orlando.
No Perry and Orlando is a .500 team .. No Mudiay and Denver is a 19-9 winning team.

No they weren't...

You obviously haven't been following the team close enough. Nor were you talking about McDermott until we played them tonight. Guess what McDermott CAN'T PLAY PG nor DEFENSE, two things our team needed(insert Mudiay/Robinson)

Knicks clearly said middle of last yr we were REBUILDING and hope to find one to emerge on the team. You don't trade for/sign veteran PGs to deals of any length when you're rebuilding. Teams of late have made a mistake doing so...just ask Sacramento and Cleveland. There are plenty young PGs outperforming vets this yr, just look throughout the league

There's more evidence we are discovering we have one in Mudiay, too bad you don't care for him, goes for any other Knick fan for the matter. He's played better than anyone on the team so far at PG.

Now personally I have no problem if we head into the draft looking for one again as I was somewhat skeptical had we done so this summer...but the likes of Sexton/Young/SGA have proven they can get the job done.

Last edited:

mafra

Legend
All you have to do is tell KP ?David Robertson.? He won a title when he got hurt, missed a year, and Duncan fell in SA?s lap!

Come back and play some minutes... if 1,000 percent healthy. And, even then, just play about 15 minutes per... come March... that?s it. Just enough to help him feel confident in offseason training.

tiger0330

Legend
I wasn't a fan of Mudiay last season and in the pre-season but he looks to be the biggest decision the Knicks are going to have to make on the former lottery picks they have. He's showing he's got the best set of skills to play PG for the Knicks, size, passing, athleticism, ability to push the pace and attack the rim. He's having his best year shooting as well, if he can sustain what he's done so far the Knicks are going to bring him back as a RFA.

Last edited:

Kiyaman

Legend
No they weren't...

You obviously haven't been following the team close enough. Nor were you talking about McDermott until we played them tonight. Guess what McDermott CAN'T PLAY PG nor DEFENSE, two things our team needed(insert Mudiay/Robinson)

Knicks clearly said middle of last yr we were REBUILDING and hope to find one to emerge on the team. You don't trade for/sign veteran PGs to deals of any length when you're rebuilding. Teams of late have made a mistake doing so...just ask Sacramento and Cleveland. There are plenty young PGs outperforming vets this yr, just look throughout the league

There's more evidence we are discovering we have one in Mudiay, too bad you don't care for him, goes for any other Knick fan for the matter. He's played better than anyone on the team so far at PG.

Now personally I have no problem if we head into the draft looking for one again as I was somewhat skeptical had we done so this summer...but the likes of Sexton/Young/SGA have proven they can get the job done.

Last season .. the Knicks needed a SF and a pass-first play-maker PG (not D.Rose) and more creative than Jack to mentor Frank and Burke on leading the point for a season or two. We were lucky to get Kanter/Mcderm in the trade for Melo. Our dum-dum head coach Horn had Timmy as the Knicks starter SF, when we had two decent SF in Mcderm or Beasley who had more experience at the SF spot than Timmy, and should've been put in the starting frontcourt lineup alongside Kanter & KP.

The trade for a young low IQ PG Mudiaye at the trading deadline assured the Knicks a Lottery spot a long side the other 10 NBA tanking teams last season.