Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Knicks were without KP, Timmy, Trier, Dotson, and MRob... PHO only had 2 or 3 more Ls than us (but they play in the tougher WC).

Sure, we had the lead at the half, were home, and PHO just dealt Ariza...
    But I surprised some are shocked we lost.... even if it was a second half smackdown.

This NYK team is bereft of quality NBA talent. It is a YOUNG team too, learning how to cope with the 82-game grind.

Trust me, get KP and a max free agent along with a top 5 pick and well be a playoff team again next year.

Veteran

Originally Posted by Broadway
    I could see this being the case in the past but if the money will eventually follow in a yr or two with us possibly being on the rise I don't see this to be the case. Like if we were to land Zion/Barrett/Hichumura type prospect this summer I don't see players wanting to dip out.
    its always a question of $$$ - if someone is offering him multiple years, i think most (99%) players take the dough... maybe mud is a 1%-er... i guess we'll see

12th man

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by mafra
    Knicks were without KP, Timmy, Trier, Dotson, and MRob... PHO only had 2 or 3 more Ls than us (but they play in the tougher WC).

Sure, we had the lead at the half, were home, and PHO just dealt Ariza...
    But I surprised some are shocked we lost.... even if it was a second half smackdown.

This NYK team is bereft of quality NBA talent. It is a YOUNG team too, learning how to cope with the 82-game grind.

Trust me, get KP and a max free agent along with a top 5 pick and we’ll be a playoff team again next year.
    We got blown-out by 128 pts at HOME by a 6 win Sun's team in need of a PG .. There's NO excuse !!!

128 points by a team barely averaging 100!
    Our poor PnR defense gave SG Jamal Crawful 14 Dimes, letting the Suns shoot 52% FGA.
    And our poor offense only gave out 15 Dimes as a team while shooting 40% FGA.
    Wsup? we’re only developing our players to play zone? No FA star player want any part of our sorry system we run ..
    On offense we are a mess, there's no ball movement, no cuts, and no co-existing as a team.
    Are we Knick Fans supposed to be fine with that ???

12th man

Here's the BIG Joke .. we get blown out at home by a 6-24 Sun's team on the return of Knicks Captain Lance Thomas first game back LMAO !!!

Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    We got blown-out by 128 pts at HOME by a 6 win Sun's team in need of a PG .. There's NO excuse !!!

128 points by a team barely averaging 100!
    Our poor PnR defense gave SG Jamal Crawful 14 Dimes, letting the Suns shoot 52% FGA.
    And our poor offense only gave out 15 Dimes as a team while shooting 40% FGA.
    Wsup? were only developing our players to play zone? No FA star player want any part of our sorry system we run ..
    On offense we are a mess, there's no ball movement, no cuts, and no co-existing as a team.
    Are we Knick Fans supposed to be fine with that ???
    Were a 9-win team? And we play in the weaker EC... and we were without 2 starters (KP, Timmy) and 3 important rotation pieces (Dotson, Trier, MRob).

Im more surprised we had a 7-point lead at the half.

Knicks will lucky to reach 26+ wins.... maybe if KP returns around Feb.

Nothing should surprise people. With our injuries and youth and constant HC turnover and our owner... we are a bottom 5 team this season.

So, fans should just enjoy watching the kids and hope that most of them have elevated ceilings beyond just being a pro clinging to the end of an NBA bench.

Knicks Will be back end of June and beg of July. Next season is ours to start caring about wins and losses.
    Last edited by mafra; Dec 18, 2018 at 17:21.

12th man

We’re a 9-win team? And we play in the weaker EC... and we were without 2 starters (KP, Timmy) and 3 important rotation pieces (Dotson, Trier, MRob).

I’m more surprised we had a 7-point lead at the half.

Knicks will lucky to reach 26+ wins.... maybe if KP returns around Feb.

Nothing should surprise people. With our injuries and youth and constant HC turnover and our owner... we are a bottom 5 team this season.

So, fans should just enjoy watching the kids and hope that most of them have elevated ceilings beyond just being a pro clinging to the end of an NBA bench.

Knicks Will be back end of June and beg of July. Next season is ours to start caring about wins and losses.
    Im that ole-Knick fan that kept repeating from day one that KP and Timmy are not Starters, and they do not have the IQ or creativity to be 4th qtr. crunch-time Finishers.
    We do have young talented players, but in a couple of seasons they will be all gone to the next NBA team.

Im that ole-Knick fan that kept repeating from day one that KP and Timmy are not Starters, and they do not have the IQ or creativity to be 4th qtr. crunch-time Finishers.
    We do have young talented players, but in a couple of seasons they will be all gone to the next NBA team.
    I disagree with KP.

It may be so, but when was the last time NYK had this many young prospects on their roster?

12th man

I disagree with KP.

It may be so, but when was the last time NYK had this many young prospects on their roster?
    In 1980-81 season coach Red Holzman young core Knicks had s 50 win season.

I used to be Rory Sparrow in my driveway, draining corner shots from my chimney....

Can never get thru Xmas without remembering King scoring 60 something on BOS.

Still, were talking almost 4 decades since then.

12th man

I used to be Rory Sparrow in my driveway, draining corner shots from my chimney....

Can never get thru Xmas without remembering King scoring 60 something on BOS.

Still, we’re talking almost 4 decades since then.
    Back then (4 decades ago) the NBA had real creative coaching & twice as many 2-Way creative-players then today NBA. Defensive teams went to the playoffs, plus back then only one to four teams in the league shot over 20 3-ball shots per game. Today, every NBA team shoot over 25 3-ball shots per game.

Back then (4 decades ago) the NBA had real creative coaching & twice as many 2-Way creative-players then today NBA. Defensive teams went to the playoffs, plus back then only one to four teams in the league shot over 20 3-ball shots per game. Today, every NBA team shoot over 25 3-ball shots per game.

Must be the shorts... back then, those upper thigh huggers were more conducive to defensive efforts? Lol...

12th man

Must be the shorts... back then, those upper thigh huggers were more conducive to defensive efforts? Lol...
    In Long Island we been having problems in the millennium with a lot of old-timers wearing those thigh-hugger shorts in public LMAO