Game thread: New York Knicks vs Phoenix Suns 7:30 12/9/2018 [Game #32]

mafra

Legend
How much do we lose by if Ariza wasn?t traded?

Crawford had 14 assists off the bench; Knicks, as a team, only had 15 assists (on their 40 made baskets).

?We just stopped competing on the ball ? they were getting what they wanted offensively,?? said Kevin Knox, who scored 13 first-quarter points before finishing with just 17. ?On-the-ball screens, we were bad. We weren?t locked in like the first half. We got lax and thought the game was over. That?s not what happened.?

?The water was coming through the dams with so many holes, I can?t tell you right now before I get in the film room to break it down,? Fizdale said of the third. ?I know we didn?t show mental toughness during that run.?

At the final buzzer, the Knicks were booed off their court.

?This is our painful path to growth and I don?t get too caught up emotionally with what?s going on and more how to fix it,? Knicks coach David Fizdale said. ?They?re fast and all those guys can jump.?

Broadway

All Star
it's called $$$$$$

I could see this being the case in the past but if the money will eventually follow in a yr or two with us possibly being on the rise I don't see this to be the case. Like if we were to land Zion/Barrett/Hichumura type prospect this summer I don't see players wanting to dip out.

jimkcchief88

All Star
Remarkable Bum Crawful had a career high 14 assist!
Losing to the worst team (6-24) Suns/Hawks in the league .. makes the Knicks ???

Absolutely awful. KK had 13 in the quarter then???? FIZ pulls him and plays 2nd team most the second quarter cooling off the hot hand. Frank teased us with back to back threes then went back to his masonry... Super Mario is super worthless...Vonleh??? Eek. Burke??? Too small against those big guards and Burke will have that problem most nights. CLEE??? Afflicted jumper and still needs to comb his hair. Without Timjr and Trier we were too undermanned with Booker back. Timjr catches the typical grief around here because Knicks like fans eat their own, but with he averages 21ppg and is a pro. Remember Jamal “Crawful” as he was dubbed around here??? Well he’s still in the league and dished out 1 less assists than our entire team. Let me repeat that. The Knicks had 15 assists last night as a team while Jamal “Crawful” had 14 assists on his own. Um um um:(

Broadway

All Star
Absolutely awful. KK had 13 in the quarter then???? FIZ pulls him and plays 2nd team most the second quarter cooling off the hot hand. Frank teased us with back to back threes then went back to his masonry... Super Mario is super worthless...Vonleh??? Eek. Burke??? Too small against those big guards and Burke will have that problem most nights. CLEE??? Afflicted jumper and still needs to comb his hair. Without Timjr and Trier we were too undermanned with Booker back. Timjr catches the typical grief around here because Knicks like fans eat their own, but with he averages 21ppg and is a pro. Remember Jamal ?Crawful? as he was dubbed around here??? Well he?s still in the league and dished out 1 less assists than our entire team. Let me repeat that. The Knicks had 15 assists last night as a team while Jamal ?Crawful? had 14 assists on his own. Um um um:(

The team had the lead at the half without THJR Truss we didn't need him as bad as some would lead on to believe. We didn't come out prepared to play in the 3rd and THJR wasn't going to stop Booker/Crawford from doing their thing, they would've lit his arse up too.

mafra

Legend
Knicks were without KP, Timmy, Trier, Dotson, and MRob... PHO only had 2 or 3 more Ls than us (but they play in the tougher WC).

Sure, we had the lead at the half, were home, and PHO just dealt Ariza...
But I surprised some are shocked we lost.... even if it was a second half smackdown.

This NYK team is bereft of quality NBA talent. It is a YOUNG team too, learning how to cope with the 82-game grind.

Trust me, get KP and a max free agent along with a top 5 pick and we?ll be a playoff team again next year.

paris401

Starter
I could see this being the case in the past but if the money will eventually follow in a yr or two with us possibly being on the rise I don't see this to be the case. Like if we were to land Zion/Barrett/Hichumura type prospect this summer I don't see players wanting to dip out.

its always a question of $$$ - if someone is offering him multiple years, i think most (99%) players take the dough... maybe mud is a 1%-er... i guess we'll see

Kiyaman

Legend
Knicks were without KP, Timmy, Trier, Dotson, and MRob... PHO only had 2 or 3 more Ls than us (but they play in the tougher WC).

Sure, we had the lead at the half, were home, and PHO just dealt Ariza...
But I surprised some are shocked we lost.... even if it was a second half smackdown.

This NYK team is bereft of quality NBA talent. It is a YOUNG team too, learning how to cope with the 82-game grind.

Trust me, get KP and a max free agent along with a top 5 pick and we’ll be a playoff team again next year.

We got blown-out by 128 pts at HOME by a 6 win Sun's team in need of a PG .. There's NO excuse !!!

128 points by a team barely averaging 100!
Our poor PnR defense gave SG Jamal Crawful 14 Dimes, letting the Suns shoot 52% FGA.
And our poor offense only gave out 15 Dimes as a team while shooting 40% FGA.
Wsup? we’re only developing our players to play zone? No FA star player want any part of our sorry system we run ..
On offense we are a mess, there's no ball movement, no cuts, and no co-existing as a team.
Are we Knick Fans supposed to be fine with that ???

Kiyaman

Legend
Here's the BIG Joke .. we get blown out at home by a 6-24 Sun's team on the return of Knicks Captain Lance Thomas first game back LMAO !!!

mafra

Legend
We got blown-out by 128 pts at HOME by a 6 win Sun's team in need of a PG .. There's NO excuse !!!

128 points by a team barely averaging 100!
Our poor PnR defense gave SG Jamal Crawful 14 Dimes, letting the Suns shoot 52% FGA.
And our poor offense only gave out 15 Dimes as a team while shooting 40% FGA.
Wsup? we?re only developing our players to play zone? No FA star player want any part of our sorry system we run ..
On offense we are a mess, there's no ball movement, no cuts, and no co-existing as a team.
Are we Knick Fans supposed to be fine with that ???

We?re a 9-win team? And we play in the weaker EC... and we were without 2 starters (KP, Timmy) and 3 important rotation pieces (Dotson, Trier, MRob).

I?m more surprised we had a 7-point lead at the half.

Knicks will lucky to reach 26+ wins.... maybe if KP returns around Feb.

Nothing should surprise people. With our injuries and youth and constant HC turnover and our owner... we are a bottom 5 team this season.

So, fans should just enjoy watching the kids and hope that most of them have elevated ceilings beyond just being a pro clinging to the end of an NBA bench.

Knicks Will be back end of June and beg of July. Next season is ours to start caring about wins and losses.

Last edited:

Kiyaman

Legend
We’re a 9-win team? And we play in the weaker EC... and we were without 2 starters (KP, Timmy) and 3 important rotation pieces (Dotson, Trier, MRob).

I’m more surprised we had a 7-point lead at the half.

Knicks will lucky to reach 26+ wins.... maybe if KP returns around Feb.

Nothing should surprise people. With our injuries and youth and constant HC turnover and our owner... we are a bottom 5 team this season.

So, fans should just enjoy watching the kids and hope that most of them have elevated ceilings beyond just being a pro clinging to the end of an NBA bench.

Knicks Will be back end of June and beg of July. Next season is ours to start caring about wins and losses.

Im that ole-Knick fan that kept repeating from day one that KP and Timmy are not Starters, and they do not have the IQ or creativity to be 4th qtr. crunch-time Finishers.
We do have young talented players, but in a couple of seasons they will be all gone to the next NBA team.

mafra

Legend
Im that ole-Knick fan that kept repeating from day one that KP and Timmy are not Starters, and they do not have the IQ or creativity to be 4th qtr. crunch-time Finishers.
We do have young talented players, but in a couple of seasons they will be all gone to the next NBA team.

I disagree with KP.

It may be so, but when was the last time NYK had this many young prospects on their roster?

mafra

Legend
I used to be Rory Sparrow in my driveway, draining corner shots from my chimney....

Can never get thru Xmas without remembering King scoring 60 something on BOS.

Still, we?re talking almost 4 decades since then.

Kiyaman

Legend
I used to be Rory Sparrow in my driveway, draining corner shots from my chimney....

Can never get thru Xmas without remembering King scoring 60 something on BOS.

Still, we’re talking almost 4 decades since then.

Back then (4 decades ago) the NBA had real creative coaching & twice as many 2-Way creative-players then today NBA. Defensive teams went to the playoffs, plus back then only one to four teams in the league shot over 20 3-ball shots per game. Today, every NBA team shoot over 25 3-ball shots per game.

mafra

Legend
Back then (4 decades ago) the NBA had real creative coaching & twice as many 2-Way creative-players then today NBA. Defensive teams went to the playoffs, plus back then only one to four teams in the league shot over 20 3-ball shots per game. Today, every NBA team shoot over 25 3-ball shots per game.

Must be the shorts... back then, those upper thigh huggers were more conducive to defensive efforts? Lol...

Kiyaman

Legend
Must be the shorts... back then, those upper thigh huggers were more conducive to defensive efforts? Lol...

In Long Island we been having problems in the millennium with a lot of old-timers wearing those thigh-hugger shorts in public LMAO