Game thread: New York Knicks vs Phoenix Suns 7:30 12/9/2018 [Game #32]

tiger0330

Legend
I tweeted Hahn a month ago when he tried to bring up the issue of why the team would give Mudiay the look over Knits and Burke and my first trait tonite was his PACE...

Add to the fact he just looks like the more natural PG and he’s clearly the better passer outside of Knits occasional pocket passes.

Fiz “Got Him Right” I believe he is a keeper and we w noill tender the QO to him even with Cap Hit(there can be a twist here if Perry can pull a Walsh on him)...

But we need to see more from him and more importantly others
So far with less than 1/2 of the season gone, he's the guy we keep of all the projects Perry accumulated. I wonder how much consideration GMs are going to give him taking into consideration the contract year effect on his play. I'm hoping we don't have to consider matching a THJ type contract, I would pass if we had to match a 4 yr 70M deal.

tiger0330

Legend
Said this was a trap game. Sun's take a 100-83 lead after 3, 41-17 qtr. Knicks couldn't hit enough shots and Sun's couldn't miss.

Broadway

All Star
I?d still consider trading Knits and Lee for T.J. Warren and maybe a couple 2nd rounders

I suggested this a few weeks back

mafra

Legend
3 wins in 10 days... Stop the presses... Suns on the rise.... NYK now looked poised to finish with a worse record than PHO...

Broadway

All Star
So far with less than 1/2 of the season gone, he's the guy we keep of all the projects Perry accumulated. I wonder how much consideration GMs are going to give him taking into consideration the contract year effect on his play. I'm hoping we don't have to consider matching a THJ type contract, I would pass if we had to match a 4 yr 70M deal.

Teams aren?t stupid like we are...what I hope happens if we catch wind he wants to stay at all cost is Perry convinces him to accept the QO like Walsh got Lee and Nate to accept theirs. We can lock him up for 1 more yr around $7mil with the intent of a long term deal.

Give him leverage by telling him he?ll be our starter next yr. We?ll still own his rights and can pay him more than other team as long as we have cap space

tiger0330

Legend
Teams aren’t stupid like we are...what I hope happens if we catch wind he wants to stay at all cost is Perry convinces him to accept the QO like Walsh got Lee and Nate to accept theirs. We can lock him up for 1 more yr around $7mil with the intent of a long term deal.

Give him leverage by telling him he’ll be our starter next yr. We’ll still own his rights and can pay him more than other team as long as we have cap space
If he keeps playing like this, he'd be crazy not to test the market. Lee when he took the Knicks QO couldn't get a whiff of a better deal iirc so he was forced to take the Knicks deal.

Broadway

All Star
If he keeps playing like this, he'd be crazy not to test the market. Lee when he took the Knicks QO couldn't get a whiff of a better deal iirc so he was forced to take the Knicks deal.

I?m not so sure if teams are sold...remember no one was sold on THJR nor Cousins(if we are to believe him)

I?m not sure Mudiay would want to be coached by anyone else and why would players want to leave New York if we are turning a corner?

It?ll be interesting to see what happens

Kiyaman

Legend
Remarkable Bum Crawful had a career high 14 assist!
Losing to the worst team (6-24) Suns/Hawks in the league .. makes the Knicks ???