2019 Free Agent & Draft News and Muslings

mafra

Legend
With another season over before Jan flips to Feb (even tho Jan is 2 weeks away)... I?m 100% invested in the 2019-2020 season and beyond.

I would like to keep Kanter, Mudiay and Vonleh.

I want KP to be fully recovered by next training camp.

I want a top 5 pick!

And, I?m stating this now... loudly... for all to hear... I prefer giving Tobias Harris (27 next July) a max contract over Kevin Durant (31 next summer).

Harris fits our timeline better than Durant, Tobias is better suited to handle NY media, and he?s a better fit next to KP.

A dream scenario has Zion and Tobias, along with a healthy KP, as our SF-PF-C trio next season.

Zion, Harris, KP
Mudiay, Ntilikina, Timmy, Trier, Dotson
Knox, Vonleh, Robinson, Kanter, Kornet

Maybe even Mario stays...

I would LOVE this team.

mafra

Legend
Oh, and it wouldn?t hurt if Knox, Trier, Ntilikina and MRob show growth... Anthony Davis May be on the block next season... trade chips.

tiger0330

Legend
Re: Nitilikina, Russell and Diwiddie of the Nets are why the Knicks and fans have to have patience with him. Both guys coming into their own after somewhat disappointing starts to their careers. Mudiay another guy that is blossoming after a few years. I think he's a better defender than any of the 3 guys mentioned right now and he's developing that offensive game, ie saw a hook shot coming across the lane, a floater, better 3 pt shot. I admittedly am not the biggest fan of him but seeing guys like Vanvleet, Russell, Dinwiddie, Mudiay develop into NBA rotation players after several years makes the odds that Nits can do it as well.

Kiyaman

Legend
I want the Knicks Mills/Perry to send Tobias Harris Agent a Christmas gift of some available NYC Condo's.
Kanter / KP / Tobias Harris / Timmy / Mudiay for the 2019-20 Knicks starter lineup, does say Playoff having role-players ..
Frank / Dotson / Trier / Knox / Vonleh / MitchRob / and ????

mafra

Legend
NEW YORK -- Zion Williamson's first game at Madison Square Garden on Thursday night left the star Duke freshman thinking about playing in a few more.

"Forty-one games at the Garden, I mean, it would probably be incredible," the projected top-five NBA draft pick said after helping Duke come back for a 69-58 win over Texas Tech.

"This is the Garden," Williamson said. "A lot of greats have come through here. My favorite great to come through here was probably Bernard King because my stepdad talked about him a lot how he just put the ball in the basket. ... I had to go watch his highlights. He could really score the basketball. He was incredible how he did it.

"Playing 41 games here wouldn't be so bad."

https://nypost.com/2018/12/21/hey-knicks-fans-zion-williamson-even-amazes-mike-krzyzewski/

Last edited:

tiger0330

Legend
I want the Knicks Mills/Perry to send Tobias Harris Agent a Christmas gift of some available NYC Condo's.
Kanter / KP / Tobias Harris / Timmy / Mudiay for the 2019-20 Knicks starter lineup, does say Playoff having role-players ..
Frank / Dotson / Trier / Knox / Vonleh / MitchRob / and ????
You saw the Clips/Mavs game. Harris turned down a 2OM yr 4 yr extension from the Clips because he's expecting a $193M package from them, Knicks can offer him 145M. He can buy his own condo with that kind of dough and I got a feeling it's going to be in sunny LA.

tiger0330

Legend
Nobody is turning down 50 mil, to leave LA... I bet Kawhi joins him there.
The money is insane, his first deal was for $64M, this one at 26 will give him $250M in career earnings. Let's say at 31 he signs another $200M deal. That's like almost 1/2 Billion dollars for playing bball.

mafra

Legend
It?s why we have a slight chance, bc he?s from NY. Say we get Zion (1st pick) and KP looks healthy in March...

Anyway... we shall see.

paris401

Starter
It’s why we have a slight chance, bc he’s from NY. Say we get Zion (1st pick) and KP looks healthy in March...
Anyway... we shall see.

yes... we will see.... looking back, let's list the tier 1 FA"s we have signed.... mmmmm.. that list is as short as the list of italian war hero's...

mafra

Legend
yes... we will see.... looking back, let's list the tier 1 FA"s we have signed.... mmmmm.. that list is as short as the list of italian war hero's...

Amen... it why I want to preserve all my best assets for the right trade. If there?s any chance to grab AD, we have to ensure we have enough to compete with LAK and BOS.

Most likely, we?ll have to hit on our lottery pick then package some players for our big acquisition. Once this is established and in place, then the team will start being attractive to free agents.

I looked up the list of Italian war heroes. It?s a hell of a lot longer than the list of Tier 1 FAs we have signed.

Just read online that Steve Mills is now downplaying the importance of the 2019 offseason. Chances of landing a big free agent in 2019 when even your own front office no longer believes it? Zero.

Broadway

All Star
Just read online that Steve Mills is now downplaying the importance of the 2019 offseason. Chances of landing a big free agent in 2019 when even your own front office no longer believes it? Zero.

Just saw this, why do you guys think I've been suggesting going after Kemba in a trade? I said a while ago we had very few realistic possibilities, nothing has changed remotely in favor since. I mean some players have openly gone on record discussing what their plans were/are most of which don't/didn't include us. Makes sense why Mills spoke about our own free agents recently. Which is why I never hesitate to trash DA MEDIA on Twitter always trying to hype up dream world scenarios. Why can't they stick to facts or at the very least paint pictures that are closer to reality with detail on cap specifics.

I'm constantly on their case and won't stop until they cut this out. Stefan Bondy is maybe one of the select few of their own that won't BS slide or be oversold. Salute to him and The Knicks can get personal with him all they want, we've seen this script before

tiger0330

Legend

Mills goes through this every off-season trying to sell a bad Knicks team to a top FA. He's being realistic about a team that just got beat by the Hawks and the Suns and is not expecting KP back until March who will be rusty and on a minutes restriction.