1628989.png
1628995.png

1628381.png
203943.png

203473.png
202683.png

Injury Report

Atlanta HawksNew York Knicks
Miles Plumlee - Left knee pain (OUT)Damyean Dotson - Sore right shoulder (QUEST)
Taurean Prince - Left ankle sprain (OUT)Kristaps Porzingis - Left knee (OUT)
Omari Spellman - Right hip soreness (OUT)Allonzo Trier - Strained left hamstring (OUT)
Alex Poythress - G League Assignment (OUT)Mitchell Robinson - Sprained left ankle (OUT)

Game Preview

The New York Knicks have been rode roughshod upon this year by 28 other teams in the NBA.

Against only one other team have they found themselves handing out similar beatdowns.

That team -- the Atlanta Hawks -- heads to Madison Square Garden on Friday trying to end the Knicks' domination of them.

New York has won each of the first two matchups, including a season-opening 126-107 tilt back on Oct. 17 and a 112-107 win at Atlanta on Nov. 7. The two wins account for nearly 20 percent of the Knicks' nine wins on the season, and they come into the game having just been dealt a 131-109 loss at Philadelphia on Wednesday.

The Knicks shot just 43 percent from the field while allowing 53 percent shooting, and 50 percent from deep, by the 76ers.

"We hung around," New York head coach David Fizdale said. "We are pests. But when you miss your open shots and they are knocking every single one of them down, because they are a great shooting team, and they move the ball so well, that's how the game broke open. But we put forth the effort."

In that matchup, the Knicks got 27 points from Tim Hardaway Jr., who has been nursing plantar fasciitis, but allowed a 24-10 game by Joel Embiid and a triple-double to Ben Simmons, his second in three games.

"Last year at this time I sat two months (with a stress fracture) and I don't want it to happen again," Hardaway said after the game, two days after missing the Knicks' 128-110 loss to Phoenix on Monday. "But I also have to be smart. I needed a little bit of time off. I really don't know how they're going to handle it."

The Hawks, meanwhile, are flying high after upending the Washington Wizards, 118-110, on Tuesday night for just their seventh win of the season. Atlanta had one of its most complete offensive performances of the season, with seven players scoring in double-figures, led by John Collins' 20 points.

"I thought our guys did a great job coming out and having the right approach and the right mentality," Hawks head coach Lloyd Pierce said. "The spirit was good. Obviously, you see the ball going in the basket. We didn't settle. We didn't take any ill-advised shots. We were trying to get in the paint, we were cutting hard. We got into the bonus early -- I know in the second and third quarter -- and that was a point of emphasis. Once we got into the bonus, it was about not settling. We were able to make plays because of it.

Atlanta's reserves were key in the win as they outscored Washington's 40-29, with Jeremy Lin leading the way with 16 points, including 12 in the fourth quarter.

"The thing that stuck out to me tonight was our camaraderie," Lin said after the game. "I really enjoyed that. I really enjoyed our team just rooting for each other and the excitement and unselfishness that we had. That's why we sign up for team sports. That's everything."

(STATS / cbssports.com)

Kiyaman

Legend
Wsup Rady .... Thanks for the heads-up Game-Thread .. The Knicks must win tonight to show improvement in their performance has been slow but improving. A loss at MSG to the Hawks tonight would put the Knicks as the #1 worse winning team in the league.
Tonight game will evaluate Fizdale's coaching performance from the start of the season to now .. Improve or Decline?
The 7-23 Hawks vs the 9-24 Knicks ???

tiger0330

Legend
Just showed the stats on the Knicks D. Points, percentage's bottom 3 in all of them. Don't see all this praise for Fiz, Horn had them playing D way better, I get that it's a young team but D is about effort which is not related to age.

Plus we were always around .500 around ,Xmas before falling apart. This year already way below .500 with a tough schedule coming up. I hope Fizdale doesn't make me rue the day the Knicks hired him.

tiger0330

Legend
They interviewed Mills about KP progress and he said he had an extensive physical and the results were good but then he said he'll be evaluated in FEB again w/o mentioning he would begin practicing with the team before FEB. Sounds to me the earliest he's going to start practicing would be after his next evaluation, which would only leave about 1 1/2 months before the season ends. I'd say it's looking like he won't be playing this season.

mafra

Legend
They interviewed Mills about KP progress and he said he had an extensive physical and the results were good but then he said he'll be evaluated in FEB again w/o mentioning he would begin practicing with the team before FEB. Sounds to me the earliest he's going to start practicing would be after his next evaluation, which would only leave about 1 1/2 months before the season ends. I'd say it's looking like he won't be playing this season.

With Zion as the prize, Knicks would be foolish to bring KP back before the last 10-15 games or so. Even then, only play him about 15-20 minutes... Zion is too special to ignore. We should?ve done more to secure KAT.

Knox with 17 in the first.

If Knicks get Zion, they don?t even need a free agent. Just bring the band back together...
Preserve precious cap space for down the road, when Kanter-Timmy-KP-Mudiay-Vonleh-Knox-Knits-Zion-Trier-MRob-Dotson are ready to compete for a title. That group, if they stay together, could be a special group in 3 years...

mafra

Legend
Knox and Mudiay a combined 15-20 (36 points). They are 6-10 from downtown. Knicks as a team shooting 25-40 (14 assists).

tiger0330

Legend
That kid Huerter has a nice game, thought he was like Svi of the Lakers but he's more than a 3 pt sniper. Albany NY kid too.