Game thread: New York Knicks vs Atlanta Hawks 7:30 12/21/2018 [Game #34]

Kiyaman

Legend
Wow! Lance Thomas cant stop no opponents from rebounding over him not even a 42 yr old Carter SMH
Timmy Time !!!

mafra

Legend
Great game... kids flashed some brilliance and we picked up a big game on ATL in the Zion sweepstakes.

No team in the NBA can boast more Ls than NY! 25 baby.

Just a shame that Frank is back to being a Franco-Zilcho!

Broadway

All Star
Great game... kids flashed some brilliance and we picked up a big game on ATL in the Zion sweepstakes.

Maybe we can unload him with THJR. We're going to get some calls on players

mafra

Legend
Maybe we can unload him with THJR. We're going to get some calls on players

IMHO, Mudiay, Knox, Vonleh, Trier, MRob, KP is the core.. Dotson and Knits right there but would be the first 2 I look to deal to improve... now, if somebody wants the others and makes me an offer I can?t refuse... them sure.

But if Dotson was the price to shed Timmy... I do it. I wouldn?t move Knits just to shed money bc I?m not confident NY will sign anybody. I would want a young asset or pick for FN.

I mean, really, I want to preserve the Frank trade chip for when the move is right. A trade for Davis next year... another piece down the line? In other words, I don?t simply jump at the first halfway decent trade offered to me.

Broadway

All Star
IMHO, Mudiay, Knox, Vonleh, Trier, MRob, KP is the core.. Dotson and Knits right there but would be the first 2 I look to deal to improve... now, if somebody wants the others and makes me an offer I can’t refuse... them sure.

But if Dotson was the price to shed Timmy... I do it. I wouldn’t move Knits just to shed money bc I’m not confident NY will sign anybody. I would want a young asset or pick for FN.

I mean, really, I want to preserve the Frank trade chip for when the move is right. A trade for Davis next year... another piece down the line? In other words, I don’t simply jump at the first halfway decent trade offered to me.

We actually need to move THJR and Lee to make room to sign our guys and the premium free agent(s). I'd be more than willing to shed Knits and even Dotson but would prefer to keep Dotson in the event we trade away guards. Dotson has 3 definable asset qualities...mid range/3pt jumper, defense, and can run offense if needed...Knits has nothing definable except maybe defense

Probably too difficult to get rid of both Lee and TJHR. I want THJR gone though we don't need him now that Knox is emerging and factoring #kporzee back

mafra

Legend
I think Dotson has the higher floor but Knits the higher ceiling. That?s why they pay those guys the big bucks to make that call.

You have to remember that Knits is 4 years younger than DD. Dotson also played college ball for like 6 years, between Oregon and HOU.

If I could dump both Timmy and Lee... than I would move Knits. But not for 1 just yet... we could wake up in AUG and discover that nobody even as good as Timmy signs with us... then we give a Rozier a Timmy contract... then frank explodes and NO trades Davis for a package with Frank in it. That would be our luck.

tiger0330

Legend

Mudiay and KK were worth watching and if it's Fiz plan to lose as many games as he can for the tank he's doing a great job. Heard Mills again today about be patient we're building a team and changing the culture of the team. I'll believe it when I see some results, losing to the Sun's and the Hawks makes me salty honestly.

mafra

Legend
Mudiay and KK were worth watching and if it's Fiz plan to lose as many games as he can for the tank he's doing a great job. Heard Mills again today about be patient we're building a team and changing the culture of the team. I'll believe it when I see some results, losing to the Sun's and the Hawks makes me salty honestly.

After the Suns beat NY they went into BOS and spanked them. It happens in baseball and b-ball. I think our immaturity cost us both games (PHO/ATL). They went into halftime and thought game was in the bag... they didn?t bring the same focus out after the break... then the shots stopped falling.

Broadway

All Star
I think Dotson has the higher floor but Knits the higher ceiling. That?s why they pay those guys the big bucks to make that call.

You have to remember that Knits is 4 years younger than DD. Dotson also played college ball for like 6 years, between Oregon and HOU.

If I could dump both Timmy and Lee... than I would move Knits. But not for 1 just yet... we could wake up in AUG and discover that nobody even as good as Timmy signs with us... then we give a Rozier a Timmy contract... then frank explodes and NO trades Davis for a package with Frank in it. That would be our luck.

We're not on Davis list of teams and losing isn't helping our cause to make us attractive to him. We have a draft coming up and if we make the right trades Knits is easily replaceable Trier proves this. Plus we can just bring back Burke if wants a Vet deal not like he's old. If we don't have any confidence of landing free agents well they never were realistic targets to begin with but I'd like to position ourselves as best as possible aside from losing games to get them, freeing up cap space. We make have to part with a piece we'd prefer to keep to accomplish this.

Kiyaman

Legend
The Knicks loss to the 8-23 record Atlanta Hawks should be the reason Silverman should just hand the Knicks the first pick of the 2019 NBA draft on Christmas day.
The Bucks showed the Celtics who's the Boss of the Eastern Conference in todays game in Boston .. Bucks 120 - Celtics 107

Kiyaman

Legend
Why would i think .. C.Lee & Lance Thomas should be the Knicks best co-existing players on the roster?
The two Knick vets are worse than any of the Knicks young-core players on the court.