Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Mudoayís 4th thirty-point game of his career... 3 of those have come in the last 8 days.

Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by mafra View Post
    Great game... kids flashed some brilliance and we picked up a big game on ATL in the Zion sweepstakes.

No team in the NBA can boast more Ls than NY! 25 baby.

Just a shame that Frank is back to being a Franco-Zilcho!

Maybe we can unload him with THJR. We're going to get some calls on players

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway View Post
    Maybe we can unload him with THJR. We're going to get some calls on players
    IMHO, Mudiay, Knox, Vonleh, Trier, MRob, KP is the core.. Dotson and Knits right there but would be the first 2 I look to deal to improve... now, if somebody wants the others and makes me an offer I canít refuse... them sure.

But if Dotson was the price to shed Timmy... I do it. I wouldnít move Knits just to shed money bc Iím not confident NY will sign anybody. I would want a young asset or pick for FN.

I mean, really, I want to preserve the Frank trade chip for when the move is right. A trade for Davis next year... another piece down the line? In other words, I donít simply jump at the first halfway decent trade offered to me.

Veteran

IMHO, Mudiay, Knox, Vonleh, Trier, MRob, KP is the core.. Dotson and Knits right there but would be the first 2 I look to deal to improve... now, if somebody wants the others and makes me an offer I can’t refuse... them sure.

But if Dotson was the price to shed Timmy... I do it. I wouldn’t move Knits just to shed money bc I’m not confident NY will sign anybody. I would want a young asset or pick for FN.

I mean, really, I want to preserve the Frank trade chip for when the move is right. A trade for Davis next year... another piece down the line? In other words, I don’t simply jump at the first halfway decent trade offered to me.
    We actually need to move THJR and Lee to make room to sign our guys and the premium free agent(s). I'd be more than willing to shed Knits and even Dotson but would prefer to keep Dotson in the event we trade away guards. Dotson has 3 definable asset qualities...mid range/3pt jumper, defense, and can run offense if needed...Knits has nothing definable except maybe defense

Probably too difficult to get rid of both Lee and TJHR. I want THJR gone though we don't need him now that Knox is emerging and factoring #kporzee back

I think Dotson has the higher floor but Knits the higher ceiling. Thatís why they pay those guys the big bucks to make that call.

You have to remember that Knits is 4 years younger than DD. Dotson also played college ball for like 6 years, between Oregon and HOU.

If I could dump both Timmy and Lee... than I would move Knits. But not for 1 just yet... we could wake up in AUG and discover that nobody even as good as Timmy signs with us... then we give a Rozier a Timmy contract... then frank explodes and NO trades Davis for a package with Frank in it. That would be our luck.

12th man

Great game... kids flashed some brilliance and we picked up a big game on ATL in the Zion sweepstakes.

No team in the NBA can boast more Ls than NY! 25 baby.

Just a shame that Frank is back to being a Franco-Zilcho!
    Mudiay and KK were worth watching and if it's Fiz plan to lose as many games as he can for the tank he's doing a great job. Heard Mills again today about be patient we're building a team and changing the culture of the team. I'll believe it when I see some results, losing to the Sun's and the Hawks makes me salty honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by tiger0330 View Post
    Mudiay and KK were worth watching and if it's Fiz plan to lose as many games as he can for the tank he's doing a great job. Heard Mills again today about be patient we're building a team and changing the culture of the team. I'll believe it when I see some results, losing to the Sun's and the Hawks makes me salty honestly.
    After the Suns beat NY they went into BOS and spanked them. It happens in baseball and b-ball. I think our immaturity cost us both games (PHO/ATL). They went into halftime and thought game was in the bag... they didnít bring the same focus out after the break... then the shots stopped falling.

Veteran

I think Dotson has the higher floor but Knits the higher ceiling. Thatís why they pay those guys the big bucks to make that call.

You have to remember that Knits is 4 years younger than DD. Dotson also played college ball for like 6 years, between Oregon and HOU.

If I could dump both Timmy and Lee... than I would move Knits. But not for 1 just yet... we could wake up in AUG and discover that nobody even as good as Timmy signs with us... then we give a Rozier a Timmy contract... then frank explodes and NO trades Davis for a package with Frank in it. That would be our luck.
    We're not on Davis list of teams and losing isn't helping our cause to make us attractive to him. We have a draft coming up and if we make the right trades Knits is easily replaceable Trier proves this. Plus we can just bring back Burke if wants a Vet deal not like he's old. If we don't have any confidence of landing free agents well they never were realistic targets to begin with but I'd like to position ourselves as best as possible aside from losing games to get them, freeing up cap space. We make have to part with a piece we'd prefer to keep to accomplish this.

12th man

The Knicks loss to the 8-23 record Atlanta Hawks should be the reason Silverman should just hand the Knicks the first pick of the 2019 NBA draft on Christmas day.
    The Bucks showed the Celtics who's the Boss of the Eastern Conference in todays game in Boston .. Bucks 120 - Celtics 107

12th man

Why would i think .. C.Lee & Lance Thomas should be the Knicks best co-existing players on the roster?
    The two Knick vets are worse than any of the Knicks young-core players on the court.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway View Post
    We're not on Davis list of teams and losing isn't helping our cause to make us attractive to him. We have a draft coming up and if we make the right trades Knits is easily replaceable Trier proves this. Plus we can just bring back Burke if wants a Vet deal not like he's old. If we don't have any confidence of landing free agents well they never were realistic targets to begin with but I'd like to position ourselves as best as possible aside from losing games to get them, freeing up cap space. We make have to part with a piece we'd prefer to keep to accomplish this.
    We can go over the cap to re-sign our own guys. Remember when Walsh gave away Crawford and Randolph and Ariza to clear cap space for LeBrob... then nobody signed with us?

I donít mind trading Knits, and his play right now suggests he is clearly easily replaceable.... but heís still one of our more attractive trade assets... heís only 20... 6Ē7í... a team guy.

We are going to need assets when we are ready to make a move to grab that final piece...

With that, I only trade Knits to dump a contract nex summer, when i know for sure the free agent I want is signing with us. This isnít a Feb deadline move, IMHO. After all, if we cannot lure a free agent... KP is going to need Mudiay, Knox and Timmy to help score and shoulder the load. And, again, we may need timmyís contract to match up somewhere to trade for somebody.

I would prefer to use Dotson to shed Lee than Knits to shed Timmy, unless (of course) I need to clear space next July bc Harris, Durant, Kawhi wants to sign here.
    Last edited by mafra; Dec 21, 2018 at 23:13.

Veteran

We can go over the cap to re-sign our own guys. Remember when Walsh gave away Crawford and Randolph and Ariza to clear cap space for LeBrob... then nobody signed with us?

I don’t mind trading Knits, and his play right now suggests he is clearly easily replaceable.... but he’s still one of our more attractive trade assets... he’s only 20... 6”7’... a team guy.

We are going to need assets when we are ready to make a move to grab that final piece...

With that, I only trade Knits to dump a contract nex summer, when i know for sure the free agent I want is signing with us. This isn’t a Feb deadline move, IMHO. After all, if we cannot lure a free agent... KP is going to need Mudiay, Knox and Timmy to help score and shoulder the load. And, again, we may need timmy’s contract to match up somewhere to trade for somebody.

I would prefer to use Dotson to shed Lee than Knits to shed Timmy, unless (of course) I need to clear space next July bc Harris, Durant, Kawhi wants to sign here.
    Only for our guys and not including outside free agents. If we opt for cap space the above isn't possible. Yeah when we make trades we get back assets(that can be traded again). I'm not suggesting trading them for nothing

Naaaah if we have #kporzee/Knox/Mudiay/Trier/Zion or Barrett or Hurichima we'll have more than enough scoring, even without a free agent signing. If we were t bring back a guy you like in Kanter further proves my point.

Guys we part with in trade outside of THJR don't score much. THJR and Knits salary provides almost an additional $10mil difference in space vs Lee/Dotson, that's significant . Teams are more desperate at the deadline for change than in the summer time when the field increases driving demand down.

Look at Boston, you see Tatum/Brown/Smart/Rozier ALL CAN'T BE GREAT concurrently...someone probably has to be traded or role mitigated. Same with Lakers...Ball/Kuzma/Hart/Ingram ALL CAN'T BE GREAT concurrently

I hear you, and since nothing is done in a vacuum, everything depends on the mitigating particulars...

Iím to the point, where 17% odds is better than 5%. Just give me Zion and a nice pick in the second round. Give me a healthy KP... and a solid vet MLE type and letís go after it with this very same team.

I donít want to have to depend on something beyond our control. Sure, not likely Zion arrives anyway... but even without a generational talent like that... we stand to walk away with a potential all star caliber player.

With Mudiay and Trier, tho, all guards are on notice. The 3rd best G on any roster is expendable.

Veteran

[QUOTE=tiger0330;317348]Knicks own the Hawks. /QUOTE]

maybe you want to amend your comment??? or maybe wait till the end of the game...

12th man

[QUOTE=paris401;317378]
    Quote Originally Posted by tiger0330 View Post
    Knicks own the Hawks. /QUOTE]

maybe you want to amend your comment??? or maybe wait till the end of the game...
    Congrats, shows you read every post in the game thread. BTW, never see you post in the game threads, do you watch the games?