Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Milwaukee Bucks Game thread: New York Knicks vs Milwaukee Bucks 12:0 12/25/2018 [Game #35]

(22-10) -- (9-25)

Venue TV TIME
    Madison Square Garden, New York, NY ESPN 12:00 PM EST

Probable starters:

Injury Report

Milwaukee Bucks New York Knicks
    Ersan Ilyasova - Broken nose (OUT) Mitchell Robinson - Sprained left ankle (OUT)
    Malcolm Brogdon Rest (PROB) Kristaps Porzingis - Left knee (OUT)
    - Allonzo Trier - Strained left hamstring (OUT)
    - -

Game Preview

Madison Square Garden, home to some of the great boxing matches in the history of the sport, will be home on Tuesday to one of the NBA's great Round Twos of the season as Giannis Antetokounmpo and the Milwaukee Bucks head to New York for a Christmas Day showdown, a game that also doubles as a rematch of the Greek Freak-Mario Hezonja beef that began in a Dec. 1 game.

After Hezonja dunked on and then walked over Antetokounmpo in rather disrespectful fashion, Antetokounmpo said he'd deliver a bit of retribution the next time the teams saw each other, retribution in the form of a punch below the belt.

Who knows if the two will actually meet on Tuesday.

Hezonja didn't play a second in the Knicks' home loss to Atlanta on Friday.

"I think it's going to be competitive regardless," Knicks head coach David Fizdale told the media this week. "(Antetokounmpo) is a beast. He's a competitor and I know our guys are competitors. That's just good old basketball. Those guys are going to talk when they're out there on the court. That's just part of our game."

Before the Hawks game, Hezonja said he did not want to comment on Antetokounmpo's veiled threat, but said of the incident, "I wasn't even worried about it or who it was. I didn't see to be honest. It was just great to get the crowd going."

Antetokounmpo didn't back down from his comments this week, but did say he'd be more careful with his words going forward.

"What I said, I meant it," he said. "I'm a person that doesn't take words back. I wasn't mad after the game, it was more of a pride thing, but I know I gotta choose better words... Sometimes it's tough because I'm not from here. I'm from overseas, so it comes out as more harsh."

For Fizdale, it was just how the game goes.

"It's just basketball, man. Everybody grew up at the park," he said. "It's part of the deal. People are going to say what they're going to say, but it's just basketball. You are who you are -- they're scrappy kids. They're trying to fight their way into this league, trying to show people immediately that they belong, and sometimes that's how it comes out."

While the fans may be rewarded with some spirited fisticuffs, Fizdale said the return of rookie guard Allonzo Trier from a hamstring injury was "a nice little gift." Trier has missed seven games with the injury, so he's expected to be reintroduced slowly.

"He was good today," Fizdale said. "Seemed like he was OK. Obviously, I'm not going to play him much, kill him with minutes, because I don't want to push the hamstring. But he'll definitely get some burn."

Knicks guard Trey Burke also is expected to see some time in his return from a two-game break. Burke emerged from a six-game layoff with a knee injury to shoot just 3 for 16 in the following two games and was benched for two. Fizdale said he expected Burke to play on Tuesday, "especially if we struggle to score."

(STATS / cbssports.com)

FYI: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] | [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] | [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Veteran

Thanks, Rady.

Merry Christmas, fellas.

12th man

Just tuning in and BLo just hit a 3 to give the Bucks a 10-2 lead. Great pickup by the Bucks to get him for the bi-annual exception I think.

12th man

Originally Posted by htr10
    Thanks, Rady.

Merry Christmas, fellas.
    You too htr10. Merry Christmas to everyone, thanks for the game thread Rady and for taking your holiday time to create it.

12th man

Still haven't figured out Fiz rotation. Nits DNP, Trey gets playing time today. Trier returns and is 2-3 so far.

12th man

Game of runs Knicks had a 9-0 run to take an early lead. Bucks 8-0 to take the lead back in the 2nd.

Veteran

The Elephant In The Room is THJR, he's a terrible high usage player. Hope Mills has plans to trade him, it was his clear mistake signing

48-46 MIL at the half.

12th man

Originally Posted by Broadway
    The Elephant In The Room is THJR, he's a terrible high usage player. Hope Mills has plans to trade him, it was his clear mistake signing
    He's Mills golden boy, probably why we keep him. Remember Mills reason for overbidding for him because that's what you have to do to discourage teams from matching these RFA to get talent like Hardaway.

12th man

Originally Posted by tiger0330
    Just tuning in and BLo just hit a 3 to give the Bucks a 10-2 lead. Great pickup by the Bucks to get him for the bi-annual exception I think.
    Signed for the vet min.

Timmy has 12 points on 17 shots (so far).

12th man

Brown hits a corner 3 to break a string of 17 straight misses for a 77-61 lead. Imagine if the Bucks were shooting it well.

12th man

84-68 Bucks end of 3.

Veteran

A real no contest

12th man

Originally Posted by Broadway
    A real no contest
    Bucks weren't even shooting well but they're a top defensive team that outscored us in the paint and at the charity stripe. Chauncey was going off on the team of Mills, Perry and Fizdale saying he's optimistic about the Knicks future, lets hope as a former player and future GM he knows what he's talking about. Fiz right now is underperforming Hornacek so he gets a D from me as a coach.