203114.png
1628995.png

203507.png
203943.png

201572.png
202683.png

Injury Report

Milwaukee BucksNew York Knicks
Ersan Ilyasova - Broken nose (OUT)Mitchell Robinson - Sprained left ankle (OUT)
Malcolm Brogdon Rest (PROB)Kristaps Porzingis - Left knee (OUT)
-Allonzo Trier - Strained left hamstring (OUT)
--

Game Preview

Madison Square Garden, home to some of the great boxing matches in the history of the sport, will be home on Tuesday to one of the NBA's great Round Twos of the season as Giannis Antetokounmpo and the Milwaukee Bucks head to New York for a Christmas Day showdown, a game that also doubles as a rematch of the Greek Freak-Mario Hezonja beef that began in a Dec. 1 game.

After Hezonja dunked on and then walked over Antetokounmpo in rather disrespectful fashion, Antetokounmpo said he'd deliver a bit of retribution the next time the teams saw each other, retribution in the form of a punch below the belt.

Who knows if the two will actually meet on Tuesday.

Hezonja didn't play a second in the Knicks' home loss to Atlanta on Friday.

"I think it's going to be competitive regardless," Knicks head coach David Fizdale told the media this week. "(Antetokounmpo) is a beast. He's a competitor and I know our guys are competitors. That's just good old basketball. Those guys are going to talk when they're out there on the court. That's just part of our game."

Before the Hawks game, Hezonja said he did not want to comment on Antetokounmpo's veiled threat, but said of the incident, "I wasn't even worried about it or who it was. I didn't see to be honest. It was just great to get the crowd going."

Antetokounmpo didn't back down from his comments this week, but did say he'd be more careful with his words going forward.

"What I said, I meant it," he said. "I'm a person that doesn't take words back. I wasn't mad after the game, it was more of a pride thing, but I know I gotta choose better words... Sometimes it's tough because I'm not from here. I'm from overseas, so it comes out as more harsh."

For Fizdale, it was just how the game goes.

"It's just basketball, man. Everybody grew up at the park," he said. "It's part of the deal. People are going to say what they're going to say, but it's just basketball. You are who you are -- they're scrappy kids. They're trying to fight their way into this league, trying to show people immediately that they belong, and sometimes that's how it comes out."

While the fans may be rewarded with some spirited fisticuffs, Fizdale said the return of rookie guard Allonzo Trier from a hamstring injury was "a nice little gift." Trier has missed seven games with the injury, so he's expected to be reintroduced slowly.

"He was good today," Fizdale said. "Seemed like he was OK. Obviously, I'm not going to play him much, kill him with minutes, because I don't want to push the hamstring. But he'll definitely get some burn."

Knicks guard Trey Burke also is expected to see some time in his return from a two-game break. Burke emerged from a six-game layoff with a knee injury to shoot just 3 for 16 in the following two games and was benched for two. Fizdale said he expected Burke to play on Tuesday, "especially if we struggle to score."

(STATS / cbssports.com)

tiger0330

Legend
Just tuning in and BLo just hit a 3 to give the Bucks a 10-2 lead. Great pickup by the Bucks to get him for the bi-annual exception I think.

Broadway

All Star
The Elephant In The Room is THJR, he's a terrible high usage player. Hope Mills has plans to trade him, it was his clear mistake signing

tiger0330

Legend
The Elephant In The Room is THJR, he's a terrible high usage player. Hope Mills has plans to trade him, it was his clear mistake signing
He's Mills golden boy, probably why we keep him. Remember Mills reason for overbidding for him because that's what you have to do to discourage teams from matching these RFA to get talent like Hardaway.

tiger0330

Legend
Brown hits a corner 3 to break a string of 17 straight misses for a 77-61 lead. Imagine if the Bucks were shooting it well.

tiger0330

Legend
A real no contest
Bucks weren't even shooting well but they're a top defensive team that outscored us in the paint and at the charity stripe. Chauncey was going off on the team of Mills, Perry and Fizdale saying he's optimistic about the Knicks future, lets hope as a former player and future GM he knows what he's talking about. Fiz right now is underperforming Hornacek so he gets a D from me as a coach.

Kiyaman

Legend
Bucks weren't even shooting well but they're a top defensive team that outscored us in the paint and at the charity stripe. Chauncey was going off on the team of Mills, Perry and Fizdale saying he's optimistic about the Knicks future, lets hope as a former player and future GM he knows what he's talking about. Fiz right now is underperforming Hornacek so he gets a D from me as a coach.

Wow .. miss the game .. to many Gifts .. Merry Merry Christmas Everyone !!!
Looking at the Game-Stats and a few highlights .. coach Fizdale is not tanking on purpose, Fizdale is just losing young head coach without any strategic plans against NBA opponents. My best recommendation to Fizdale are to start coaching on the college level for a few years then try the NBA again in 2025.

Today ....
Timmy's 4-18 shooting need to be put on Fizdale DNP for a few games.
Lance Thomas career stats says instantly garbage time minutes only!
Kanter should be receiving 14+ fga shots, and 32+ minute per game.
Vonleh should be receiving 28-32 minute per game.
Mario ???
Mudiay's skills has not reach above 24 minute per game.
As for the Knicks young-core Development season ....
Rookie Knox/Trier/MitchRob should only receive 24 minute per game.
Second season Frank, Dotson, Burke, and Kornet should be receiving 24 minute in all 82 games, unless injured.

mafra

Legend
Theknicksblog:

?Despite those numbers, no Frank Ntilikina today. P&T?s Drew Steele with an interesting take on Frank and David Fizdale: ?I really don?t like the way Fiz has handled Frank. Granted, he hasn?t played well, but [I?d] much rather him [be] in there trying to figure things out and having the staff help gameplan by having him in better positions. But if Frank is just gonna get jerked around because he just doesn?t fit with what the Knicks want to do, then trade him now. I personally think it?s dumb because they are gonna need a low usage versatile defender if the plan is go after [Kevin] Durant and Zion [Williamson] or whoever. But if Frank can?t even get a consistent role on this ****ty team, what?s the point? Fizdale and the front office aren?t getting fired, sadly.? Thoughts??

tiger0330

Legend
Theknicksblog:

“Despite those numbers, no Frank Ntilikina today. P&T’s Drew Steele with an interesting take on Frank and David Fizdale: “I really don’t like the way Fiz has handled Frank. Granted, he hasn’t played well, but [I’d] much rather him [be] in there trying to figure things out and having the staff help gameplan by having him in better positions. But if Frank is just gonna get jerked around because he just doesn’t fit with what the Knicks want to do, then trade him now. I personally think it’s dumb because they are gonna need a low usage versatile defender if the plan is go after [Kevin] Durant and Zion [Williamson] or whoever. But if Frank can’t even get a consistent role on this ****ty team, what’s the point? Fizdale and the front office aren’t getting fired, sadly.” Thoughts?”
Trey looked like he wasn't happy not playing and Nits hasn't exactly locked in that backup PG spot with his play. If Nits wants consistent playing time he should play consistently.

I do think this bloated management team the Knicks have could use a little downsizing but I'm going to give them a few years after hearing Chauncey praise them on the telecast yesterday.

mafra

Legend
This has been a trying month for Frank Ntilikina, with his French hometown of Strasbourg making international headlines for all the wrong reasons.

Ntilikina?s mother, Jacqueline, flew to New York earlier this week to be with her son and watch him play on Christmas Day at the Garden against the Bucks. The terrorist attack on Dec. 11 at the tourist enclave called the ?Christmas Market? in his hometown had shaken him.

But in an odd maneuver, Knicks coach David Fizdale put a lump of coal into Ntilikina?s Christmas stocking, as the Knicks? 2017 lottery pick received his season?s fourth DNP.

Yes, Ntilikina was slumping, but the Knicks? two other point guards, Emmanuel Mudiay (5-of-14, five turnovers) and Trey Burke (1-of-7, 2 points), were playing erratically. And Fizdale had plenty of opportunity to get Ntilikina in the contest with the Knicks trailing by 14-plus points across the entire fourth quarter.

Just on Friday, team president Steve Mills, in his sitdown with Knicks writers, said the franchise has to ?allow [Ntilikina?s] confidence on the offensive end of the floor to sort of live within him all the time.?

After the loss, Ntilikina dressed slowly and quietly in the Knicks? locker room and, for once, there were no French reporters to record his thoughts. Ntilikina, who received three DNPs earlier this month, spoke more softly ? and somberly ? than usual.

?I don?t know how long it will be [this time],? Ntilikina told The Post. ?I can?t predict each and every game in the future. One thing I can do is get ready for each and every one ? which I will do. Practice hard, get ready physically and mentally for the next game.?

After he made his last return from Fizdale?s doghouse, Ntilikina came back with fire and played three electric games. But he fell back into his offensive lethargy and was 6-of-27 from the field in the past five outings. He was scoreless in the prior outing, Friday against Atlanta. Though known for his defense, Ntilikina?s production needs to improve from his 6.3 scoring average on 34.8 percent shooting.

?Did I know that I would not play today?? Ntilikina said with an edge. ?Coach makes his decision during the game. So you don?t know. You know that, right??

So the DNP was a surprise. Fizdale explained it was time to restart Burke, who had been a DNP the past two outings after he came back rusty from spraining his knee. The Knicks face the Bucks again Thursday to kick off a murderous six-game road trip, and Fizdale has a French decision to make.

?Frank is very important to us, and we just have to find a way to just get that confidence back for him,? Fizdale said.

Fizdale explained Ntilikina was ?struggling,? and he needed to jump-start Burke. But it was a head-scratching time to not attempt to spotlight Ntilikina on the NBA?s showcase day if he?s regarded as a key cog for the future.

?That?s kind of what I?ve been doing with these guys,? Fizdale said. ?When one guy hits a certain amount of gas where he?s struggling, next guy up. Let?s give them a look. It?ll never be a permanent thing.?

Last week in Philly, Fizdale said he sensed Ntilikina loses his mojo when he misses his first shot or two.

?I?ve got to get more confidence when I?m on the court,? Ntilikina told The Post. ?It will get better.?

Ntilikina wouldn?t say if his formerly strained shoulder is bothering him or if he?s feeling mental fatigue from the Strasbourg attack. When, in Cleveland, he learned of the attack, Ntilikina sounded OK, saying he had contacted his mother and two brothers, and everyone was safe. But he recently revealed in the New York Times it was a rough experience.

?I was really worried,? Ntilikina said. ?I was watching this on my phone trying to follow what was happening, calling all my family and friends. Thankfully, I had news from everyone. It?s something that touches your life.

?You think, you don?t want this to happen. Then you think, you don?t want this to happen to your friends or family. Then you think, God, this could have been me because I was there all the time.?

https://nypost.com/2018/12/26/frank-ntilikina-does-not-sound-happy-inside-knicks-doghouse/