Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Originally Posted by htr10
    Definitely a clear bottom 5 teams all still with single digit wins almost at the halfway point of the season. I donít trust this roster to tank to the finish though. How many times has this franchise put together a bunch of wins in the last couple weeks of the season? Too many.
    CLE, ATL, & CHI are clear favorites to finish with about 20 wins. I do fret that KP returns and we win an extra 4-6 games, that pushes us to 4th. I think PHO has the talent to approach 25-30 wins.

We blew it with KAT. Iíll be livid if we do that again final 2 weeks to lose Zion.

This same roster, with Zion, is fine by me!

12th man

THJ is sick and out tonight. Seems like Kornet will start at center. Kanter refusing to talk to media before the game. Fizdale says Ntilkina will get minutes tonight.
    Kanter not a part of the starter lineup, plus letting Lee replace Timmy in the starter lineup says there's no young-core developing going on in the Knicks game rotation, nor are the Knicks making this a rebuilding season. None of the Knicks lineups in the past two games perform on the same-page. There's no Knick ball movement, there's no movement without the ball, there's no picks or screens to get a open shot or slasher down the lane, there's absolutely no design plays on offense in the Knick 48 minute rotation.
    After the Christmas game it was easy to notice we need some drive and kick game against these Bucks, which we did not do in this losing game.
    I'm sorry to say, Fizdale's coaching is worst than Bum-Hornacek coaching .. The Knicks played 36 games so far and still has not put together 5 reliable players that perform together in a lineup to start the game or finish the game with some dignity. WHY? Because Fizdale keep mixing players in different lineups to TANK TANK TANK. The Knicks are 1-10 in their last 11 games having a 9-27 record.
    All the Knick players for the last 10 games looks like they has been performing at their best to be traded to the next team before the trading deadline.

Knicks 96 - Bucks 112

Veteran

Originally Posted by mafra
    Beginning to look more and more like NYK a lock for a bottom 3 finish. Great news! Responsible approach when the prize is Zion! Up to ping pong ball fortunate, of course, to bring it home. But it would be a dereliction of duty if Fiz didnít do everything possible to ensure this roster didnít procur best odds possible to win the lottery.
    i understand if u suck, really suck to get the most ping-pong balls... HOWEVER... if u want to be attract tier 1 FA's, not so sure losing 70games is the way to go..

will KD, irving, leonard...etc... want to come to a 10win team next year? even if we get a zion ,.. if he's healthy, maybe KP should return this year to show FA's he's back and what they will be signing up for...

tough decision .. (if healthy) bring back KP and win some add. games, n fuk up your draft position , or tank and get a better slot in the draft...

Originally Posted by paris401
    i understand if u suck, really suck to get the most ping-pong balls... HOWEVER... if u want to be attract tier 1 FA's, not so sure losing 70games is the way to go..

will KD, irving, leonard...etc... want to come to a 10win team next year? even if we get a zion ,.. if he's healthy, maybe KP should return this year to show FA's he's back and what they will be signing up for...

tough decision .. (if healthy) bring back KP and win some add. games, n fuk up your draft position , or tank and get a better slot in the draft...
    Who cares if we canít sign anybody? We not ready to win next year anyway. Get Zion, let this roster mature, and by 2021 we should be a real player. Build through draft (and we are hopefully a Zion piece away from completing the rebuild).

In 2-3 years, this roster will be entering peak prime years, and theyíll have over 170 games of experience playing with each other.

Then, free agents will run to MSG

Veteran

Who cares if we can’t sign anybody? We not ready to win next year anyway. Get Zion, let this roster mature, and by 2021 we should be a real player. Build through draft (and we are hopefully a Zion piece away from completing the rebuild).

In 2-3 years, this roster will be entering peak prime years, and they’ll have over 170 games of experience playing with each other.
    Then, free agents will run to MSG
    you r asking us fans to wait a long time...

you r asking us fans to wait a long time...
    Whatís the alternative? Been 20 years since we dealt Ewing. At least we are on the cusp and are lousy during a year where there is a generational talent. KP injury a blessing, as it was for SA during the D-Robertson years (awarded Spurs Duncan).

12th man

One of the few bright spots of watching this terrible team this season? Iím starting to really like Swin Cash in the post-game show.
    Rebecca Harlowe is a first rate sideline reporter. Didn't like it when they replaced Tina with her but it was a solid move, she is way better than Tina ever was. Hahn, Wally and Swin are a good broadcast team.

Veteran

What’s the alternative? Been 20 years since we dealt Ewing. At least we are on the cusp and are lousy during a year where there is a generational talent. KP injury a blessing, as it was for SA during the D-Robertson years (awarded Spurs Duncan).
    not sure what is the alt...... BUT... we re lousy every year... our draft choices suck, we are never able to sign a tier 1 FA (who can blame em for not wanting to come to ny) - will zion put on on the road (if we get him) i dunno know... i'd like to see KP come back this season better then ever , get a high draft choice ... and make the rite draft choice... n maybe attract an a1 FA... $hit santa was already here...

not sure what is the alt...... BUT... we re lousy every year... our draft choices suck, we are never able to sign a tier 1 FA (who can blame em for not wanting to come to ny) - will zion put on on the road (if we get him) i dunno know... i'd like to see KP come back this season better then ever , get a high draft choice ... and make the rite draft choice... n maybe attract an a1 FA... $hit santa was already here...
    I think thatís the plan... be in a position where we have bottom 3 record secured... bring back KP and let him fly final month...

Healthy KP, young pieces (Mudiay, Knits, Knox, MRob, Trier, Vonleh, Dotson, Kornet) and a top 5 pick... Fiz and Perry... MSG and NYC... hopefully this is enough to sway Harris or Irving or Durant or Kawhi or Kemba.