Game thread: New York Knicks vs Utah Jazz 8:00pm 12/29/2018 [Game #37]

tiger0330

Legend
Gobert having his way under the rim. 6 pts on dunks, Fiz calls TO to figure out how to stop him. Knicks PnR D is pathetic.

Broadway

All Star
Vonleh sits with 3 fouls. Without him it's going to be an even longer night.

I think Vonleh actually disrupts our offensive flow because he either tries to play pg or breaks our sets trying to go one-on-one...He's not a bad power one-on-one player(for himself only) but he throws the rest of our guys out of whack where we establish no rhythm play-to-play. I wish Fiz would tell him stop trying to be the jack of all the trades although I gassed you in the media a little prematurely

Meanwhile the Jazz let Dante Exum or Ingles run the offense, they don't deviate too much from this

tiger0330

Legend
Probably the worst showing of the Knicks this sason. 71-34 Jazz. Fiz has to take the blame for this beat down. I'd have the vets in like CLee, LT Kanter in if he wanted to win but I don't think he does. They just said if THJ didn't hit that last second 3 this would have been the worst half time deficit in Knicks history.

mafra

Legend
Probably the worst showing of the Knicks this sason. 71-34 Jazz. Fiz has to take the blame for this beat down. I'd have the vets in like CLee, LT Kanter in if he wanted to win but I don't think he does. They just said if THJ didn't hit that last second 3 this would have been the worst half time deficit in Knicks history.

This was my concern... easy to ?fight? and ?battle? early in the season, when you?re healthy and record not bad and things are fresh... but how to keep it going consistently when you are banged up, you?re 20 under .500, when the losing starts to wear on your psyche.

Even if we relish the tank and want the L... I want to see the kids fight and battle and be competitive. If this is truly about the future, and the long run, then fiz has to prepare their minds and have the focus be on development...

Anyway... In nights like this, only comfort comes in the form of a daydream... a healthy KP and Zion. This thought warms my belly.

tiger0330

Legend
Better start to the 2nd half with Vonleh back in. That hole they dug is too big to come back from unless the Jazz collapse.