Game thread: New York Knicks vs Utah Jazz 8:00pm 12/29/2018 [Game #37]

Broadway

All Star
You'd think Kanter would have some bite to play a former team but nope and let this game be a reminder why many don't want him back ever again.

You'd think Kanter would have some bite to play a former team but nope and let this game be a reminder why many don't want him back ever again.

We?re the NBA?s laughingstock again. Also having the league?s biggest troll on the roster is too much to take. Can?t get Kanter off this roster soon enough.

mafra

Legend
Maybe the goal is to be so bad the NBA feels sorry for us or feels we can?t do this alone... and they gift us Zion?

Broadway

All Star
We’re the NBA’s laughingstock again. Also having the league’s biggest troll on the roster is too much to take. Can’t get Kanter off this roster soon enough.

He truly is a TROLL, look at these comments. He can't be serious!

tiger0330

Legend

We’re the NBA’s laughingstock again. Also having the league’s biggest troll on the roster is too much to take. Can’t get Kanter off this roster soon enough.
Kanter had a bad game but to play an undrafted GLeague rookie ahead of him esp against a DPOY center like Gobert bordered on the ridiculous.

tiger0330

Legend
Must be nice to have a job making a few million a year and you're not required to do your job as a coach which is to win. Coming around to what this guy wrote about Fizdale, I don't see a plan or many guys developing under him with the way he doles out minutes. Fiz has been disappointing so far to me.

You know who I put the blame of this pathetic outing onto?
The coach, that’s who. Nobody with a sane mind should advocate firing a coach in the midst of a tanking season. It just makes no sense. And yet, Fizdale’s credibility as a good coach is already over, if you ask me. I guess you all remember how we were fine with him at the time of his hiring. I was too (Budenholzer would have never come here unless we handed him the GM role too, and he was a terrible GM in Atlanta. Great, great coach, but a terrible GM)! I was enraptured by his manners, the League waxed poetic about him, and he had the support of LeBron and Wade, for what it’s worth. I thought he was a step in the right direction, maybe two.
It was good to see him take the young players to watch playoff games together. This was a man interested in building a team and making it grow organically, it seemed. Yeah, he was saying strange things here and there (“I see Lance Thomas as our own Draymond Green”; seriously? It’s like saying I see Domino’s Pizza in downtown Bologna as my own five stars pizzeria in Positano, where you can eat the best calzone in the world while looking down and watching the soothing movement of the Mediterranean waves in a warm Sunday in June), but he looked like an alright guy. And the charisma! Dude oozes (oozed, I guess) charisma like he rolled three six on his character sheet. And then the first cracks in his armor. Kanter sulking. Burke sulking. Dotson getting DNPs. Hezonja starting for a stretch. Frank regressing (not sure if that’s Fiz’s fault, the kid looks completely lost). Weird rotation shuffles. Kanter sulking again. And so on.
Then, this game came around. Anyone who has ever played basketball, or any team sport, knows what it means when a team gives such a performance. Let me spell it out for you: the coach has lost the team. I don’t know when it happened or why. I don’t even think he lost everyone. I guess Knox, Mudiay, Vonleh and possibly THJ, Dotson and Trier aren’t actually against Fizdale. He just lost the entire team, as in “we don’t know what we’re doing here on the court and we actually couldn’t care less about it”. That’s what happens when you preach but don’t put work in. They say defense is the best offense, and I concur, but it’s not acceptable that 37 games in we still don’t have a glimmer of an offensive system in place. You know why I’m sure this is on the coach? You just have to look at what Trier does. In the last two games, there have been some minutes where there was no ballhog on the court. They were few, but they existed. And people shared the ball – not effectively, of course, but they were playing a team game. Enter Trier: the offense grinds to a halt in terms of moving the ball (brief aside: what happened to Zo? I hope it’s the nagging injury, because we don’t need another guy who goes to the rim just to be swatted multiple times in a row and then decides it’s better to pull up from 18 feet again and again until the rim deflates the ball). Now, if the coach wasn’t ok with that, and specifically gave instruction to move the ball, he’d yank the player very quickly. That’s what happens at every level! But no, Fiz is ok with that, and so we are subjected to the “eat what you kill” offense taken from the darkest days of early aughts.
Guys get tired of playing in a system where they never get the ball in their favorite places (unless you’re a chucker, because in that case your favorite place is always your hands) and might receive random DNPs because the coach wants to see if the other guy can chuck a little better. They simply check out and stop paying attention. Which, sadly, is what some of us could be tempted to do.
So, yeah, don’t fire Fiz now. It makes no sense. We’re not playing to win anything, and we don’t have a lot to develop with Mitch sidelined, Trier hitting the rookie wall and the defense wall, Dotson being who he is (by that I mean that I think he’s already reached his ceiling: this version is who he is, and I’m good with that), Frank looking like a bust and Knox looking better just because he got the green light to do whatever he wants in generous minutes – his double digit scoring streak though stays alive, yay for the Elias Sports Bureau! – but I think we should stop pretending that Fizdale knows what he’s doing with this team. It can’t get more apparent than this.

Broadway

All Star
Kanter had a bad game but to play an undrafted GLeague rookie ahead of him esp against a DPOY center like Gobert bordered on the ridiculous.

We were awful either way but the veteran clearly should've brought more yesterday. Tired of millionaires pouting. Kanter played the worst out of every big tonight and he's had more than 1 bad game this yr Tig even dating back to last yr.

And this shutdown crybaby talk he's taking to the media is cancerous. Not what we need right now. Every player on our team has dealt with some adversity, he's no different. He's really been the only one to try and shame what's going on. I don't like how Fiz is going about things, I think he's soul searching for some answers and doesn't want to be cutthroat with any particular player but he may have to. I'd start by making an example of Kanter since he's trying to make an example of him.

Mills said they have options to move players...let's get it started and see who needs to go

tiger0330

Legend
We were awful either way but the veteran clearly should've brought more yesterday. Tired of millionaires pouting. Kanter played the worst out of every big tonight and he's had more than 1 bad game this yr Tig even dating back to last yr.

And this shutdown crybaby talk he's taking to the media is cancerous. Not what we need right now. Every player on our team has dealt with some adversity, he's no different. He's really been the only one to try and shame what's going on. I don't like how Fiz is going about things, I think he's soul searching for some answers and doesn't want to be cutthroat with any particular player but he may have to. I'd start by making an example of Kanter since he's trying to make an example of him.

Mills said they have options to move players...let's get it started and see who needs to go
Totally agree. If they can can move Kanter they should. Same for CLee, LT even if costs the Knicks Dotson or Kornet.

Kiyaman

Legend
Must be nice to have a job making a few million a year and you're not required to do your job as a coach which is to win. Coming around to what this guy wrote about Fizdale, I don't see a plan or many guys developing under him with the way he doles out minutes. Fiz has been disappointing so far to me.

[/FONT][/COLOR]

I have to agree 100% with every thing that guy wrote .. in the beginning Fizdale looked good taking players to playoff games.
As for improving players skills in a team- performance Fizdale receive a grade F for Failure. The Knicks offense and defensive system in the last 37 games has been a huge question mark!

Originally Posted by Broadway

Originally Posted by htr10
We?re the NBA?s laughingstock again. Also having the league?s biggest troll on the roster is too much to take. Can?t get Kanter off this roster soon enough.

The last 5 seasons Kanter were considered a 26 minute double-double 50% scorer that's weak on defense .. meaning u use n get 3 to 5 fouls out of Kanter's performance but u dont use Kanter on defense at crunchtime moments.
Kanter became an important scoring asset for 3 seasons on OKC Thunder, that Melo could not replace.

Kanter happen to be the Knicks best NBA player on the roster that could hold down his position as a consistent decent starter.
And that's more than I could say for any other Knick player .. Troll?
Fizdale taking Kanter out of the starter lineup in November were Fizdale's first BIG mistake to the Knicks rotation.
Fizdale's bench rotation last night in the Jazz game consist of 4 players (Kanter/LT/Burke/Frank), Fizdale had in the Starter lineup to open the season.

Kanter is a Keeper for next season .. the Knicks dont have any player that could fill Kanter shoes at the center position.
Fizdale has to be FIRED at the end of the season !!!

Kanter doesn?t know when to stop. He opted in to get his money knowing the front office had no interest in playing him. Lee, LT, and Kanter were reportedly clearly told that this team was prioritizing young player development. We are on pace to lose more than 60 games.

What does Kanter do? Tries to pick a fight with a league MVP candidate, tries to get the other team?s assistant coach fined, and then complains to the media about how he doesn?t understand why he doesn?t play more because all he wants to do is win games. Time for the troll to go.

Kiyaman

Legend
Kanter doesn?t know when to stop. He opted in to get his money knowing the front office had no interest in playing him. Lee, LT, and Kanter were reportedly clearly told that this team was prioritizing young player development. We are on pace to lose more than 60 games.

What does Kanter do? Tries to pick a fight with a league MVP candidate, tries to get the other team?s assistant coach fined, and then complains to the media about how he doesn?t understand why he doesn?t play more because all he wants to do is win games. Time for the troll to go.

There's one thing u forgot to write bout Kanter's performance that put Kanter in the NBA top role-player category ..
A NBA team could win on a consistent basis using Kanter's double-double performance having Kanter big-body controlling the offensive glass for second shots. I recall the OKC Thunder using a 3 guard offense (of Westbrook/Oladipo/and Durant) having Kanter and Adams in the same lineup to grab a 3-1 lead in the WCF series vs the GS Warriors a few years ago. The GS Warriors couldn't touch that OKC Thunders dominating lineup on offense or defense in the series.
OKC coach refuse to put their dominating lineup back on the court in the final 3 games of the series to lose the series 4-3 to the GS Warriors.

Broadway

All Star

Nice way to break down his activity htr10

Not to mention even with the unjust situation back in his home country...he's run his mouth so much his father is now paying the price for it. Kanter has never been likable enough to me...EVER!