Game thread: New York Knicks @ Denver Nuggets 1/1/2019 9:00pm Game 38

rady

Administrator
Staff member
Happy New Year everybody, sorry about the lazy activity recently, I?m enjoying my winter holiday and lost touch with the NBA this week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kiyaman

Legend
Happy New Year KO members .. Thanks for the Game Thread Rady .. we all should understand, I enjoyed the Holidays too.
The Denver Nuggets are liking the idea of being the top winning team in the West .. that doesn't give us Knick Fans much hope tonight.
What clueless tactics will coach Fizdale come up with tonight ???

tiger0330

Legend
Happy New Year to everyone. Kornet hits 2 of 3 3s so far. That's the reason he's out there and Kanter is bitching.

mafra

Legend
19-yr-old Knox has 13 in the 1st Quarter (5/8 shooting). Knicks up 32-28... last play of quarter, Knits all alone and drives and dishes to Dotson... Dotson drives and dishes back to Frank, who ran out to corner 3 territory... he gets the pass... swish... nice!

tiger0330

Legend
Nits showing life tonight, playing PG. Hits a midrange 2 and now a corner 3 also created a bucket with a steal and pass to KK for and an 1. KK is 5-8 with 3 FTs on and 1s.

tiger0330

Legend
What Trier did is what Nits needs to learn. Push it, keep your dribble, get to the hoop. He gives up.the ball at the top almost every play.

Kiyaman

Legend
Starting Kornet over Kanter .. should measure up to FIRE head coach Fizdale !!!

Denver's 10-0 run early in the first qtr. looked so easy for each of the Nugget players .. so if the Nuggets give us a 10 or 20 pt lead it will be to embarrass us with their come from behind win.
The Kanter n Frank give n go and the Trier n Kanter give n go look very good in the 2nd qtr. with the ball movement.

tiger0330

Legend
I said the Knicks should think about including Kornet in a package to shed LT or CLee but now I don't know after he hits his 3rd 3. Think hes 3-4 now, 11 pts.

Broadway

All Star
I said the Knicks should think about including Kornet in a package to shed LT or CLee but now I don't know after he hits his 3rd 3. Think hes 3-4 now, 11 pts.

He probably has the highest value on our team salary per production. I'd like to re-up him 1 more yr...he's great cheap labor

tiger0330

Legend
56-55 Knicks at the half. Lead should be bigger but they missed quite a few bunnies at the rim in their last 10 possessions.

Kiyaman

Legend

The Knicks should not trade any of their young-core players until the young-core players have a full season under an experience NBA head coach.
Fizdale does not have the coaching skills or enough experience to be a NBA head coach !!!

tiger0330

Legend
He probably has the highest value on our team salary per production. I'd like to re-up him 1 more yr...he's great cheap labor
The kid shoots 3s like most guys shoot FTs. Can he sustain it is the question and get by with underwhelming athleticism? One of those guys you need to take a good look at.

tiger0330

Legend
If a low block player can ever be called a chucker, it has to be Kanter. He had no shot at making that reverse layup and should have passed it.

Kiyaman

Legend
Mudiay should have worked on his passing game to get 10 or more assist on his old team ..
Kanter's put-backs and offensive rebounds make him valuable to the Knicks until Perry can find better ..
The Kanter n Knox at the 5 & 4 spot having Trier & Timmy needed a Draymond Green in the lineup CTFU

Broadway

All Star
If a low block player can ever be called a chucker, it has to be Kanter. He had no shot at making that reverse layup and should have passed it.

Kanter is a a very good low block paint player who only plays for self. He gives absolutely nothing on the other end unless he headhunts for rebounds. He should have really good trade value right now