Game thread: New York Knicks @ Denver Nuggets 1/1/2019 9:00pm Game 38

tiger0330

Legend
The Joker already has his triple double but he hits his only 3 which is a dagger giving them a 7 pt lead with 3 left.

Kiyaman

Legend
Wow .. Murray just showed Mudiay why he was traded by stealing the ball with 1 minute left in game ..
Jokic with a triple-double 19 pt 14 rb 15 Dimes SMH !!!

tiger0330

Legend
Fiz is not trying to win games. He plays Kornet in crunch time in a close winnable game. He's lost CLee, LT, Burke, Kanter in this effort to give young players playing time.

Broadway

All Star
Fiz is not trying to win games. He plays Kornet in crunch time in a close winnable game. He's lost CLee, LT, Burke, Kanter in this effort to give young players playing time.

Winning games is not on COACH but system, game plan, rotations, are. Winning is on this front office which they started out the yr with 3msgs...

1 - Don't look for #kporzee to return this yr

2 - We're developing

3 - Look for us to make leap next yr

Then reinforced 1 & 2 barely over a month into the season. Fizdale said in week 4 we aren't trying to win games and we're not that good of a team but the focus is development. Tonight he fails by not leaving Knits in the game to close(he played well enough), we did not see Knox get enough looks late. No problem going with Kornet late he's a starter and he played well. Fiz is following the lead of his front office in a yr in which he knows he has a free pass

Last edited:

Kiyaman

Legend
Winning games is not on COACH but system, game plan, rotations, are. Winning is on this front office which they started out the yr with 3msgs...

1 - Don't look for #kporzee to return this yr

2 - We're developing

3 - Look for us to make leap next yr

Then reinforced 1 & 2 barely over a month into the season. Fizdale said in week 4 we aren't trying to win games and we're not that good of a team but the focus is development. Tonight he fails by not leaving Knits in the game to close(he played well enough), we did not see Knox get enough looks late. No problem going with Kornet late he's a starter and he played well. Fiz is following the lead of his front office in a yr in which he knows he has a free pass

A free pass .... so far the 2018-19 coaching development has been strictly on getting ZION!
Tonight game should have been a better developing process of the young core players in the same lineup developing together.
Fizdale's 38 games of coaching has already got all the 2019 FA wanting no parts of the Knicks unless paid double their worth $$$.
When you look at all the FA the Knicks has signed up in the past 5 yrs from having a poor mismanagement front office, and a LOSER coaching-staff .. having playoff hopes end after the Christmas game each year .. All-Star FA like Durant / Kahwi / Klay / Kyrie signing on to the Knicks are DREAMS !!!

mafra

Legend
Denver has the best record in the WC. Knicks hung for 3 quarters... played a very good 1st Quarter. 6 guys scored in double figures. Kornet held his own... Knox and Knits and Mudiay and Timmy flashed in some moments.

The perfect game, for this roster, this team, this season.

They competed, responded well after the last few road blowouts.

Did it matter who was on the floor in the 4th? Teams like DEN will sleepwalk through the first half... just a coping mechanism to survive a long season... good teams will put it in neutral vs bad teams, then turn it on when necessary to procur the W. Especially after a few days off, after a holiday break of sorts.

I felt Game was right there to be had... 106-102... 3:30 left... Kornet sets pick and then rolls to hoop. Timmy gets doubled, but instead of dishing to a cutting Kornet, he goes hero-ball and tries to split the double by dribbling through 2 guys. Obviously, DEN easily steal ball from THJr... ends up leading to a 3 from Jocic... game-set-match.

Broadway

All Star
Denver has the best record in the WC. Knicks hung for 3 quarters... played a very good 1st Quarter. 6 guys scored in double figures. Kornet held his own... Knox and Knits and Mudiay and Timmy flashed in some moments.

The perfect game, for this roster, this team, this season.

They competed, responded well after the last few road blowouts.

Did it matter who was on the floor in the 4th? Teams like DEN will sleepwalk through the first half... just a coping mechanism to survive a long season... good teams will put it in neutral vs bad teams, then turn it on when necessary to procur the W. Especially after a few days off, after a holiday break of sorts.

I felt Game was right there to be had... 106-102... 3:30 left... Kornet sets pick and then rolls to hoop. Timmy gets doubled, but instead of dishing to a cutting Kornet, he goes hero-ball and tries to split the double by dribbling through 2 guys. Obviously, DEN easily steal ball from THJr... ends up leading to a 3 from Jocic... game-set-match.

THJR turnover was the turning point in the game without question...back breaker. THJR is one of the biggest zero sum players in this league.

The Dragon

Benchwarmer
I saw some kind of change in today's game, the team tried to go to the basket more than usual, which translated in a winning 3 quarters, I guess we lost the game in the fourth on purpose, but I will be happy to see more penetration rather than shooting from outside.... things are much better for our team when our guards try to go to the basket rather than doing this stupid hand the ball movement at the top of the arc

Broadway

All Star
remember $18m out.... 18m in....

I'm aware and all we have to be is within 125% =/- of salary if I'm not mistaken...here are some examples

Kanter/Knits/Dotson for (Magic) Vucevic/Grant/pick

Kanter/Burke for (Clips) Gortat/Thornwell/pick

Kanter for (Nets) Faried/Graham/pick

Kanter/Burke for (Kings) Koufus/Shumpert/Cash/pick

Kanter/Burke for (Wolves) Gibson/Aldrich/pick

Kanter/Burke for (Mavs) Matthews/pick

Keep in mind some teams are positioned to be a playoff team, bubble playoff team, and need better depth. I really like the Orlando trade although it would hurt to give them up the kids but Vucevic is a excellent piece next to #kporzee or a replacement for him should he leave in free agency

Kiyaman

Legend
I'm aware and all we have to be is within 125% =/- of salary if I'm not mistaken...here are some examples

Kanter/Knits/Dotson for (Magic) Vucevic/Grant/pick

Kanter/Burke for (Clips) Gortat/Thornwell/pick

Kanter for (Nets) Faried/Graham/pick

Kanter/Burke for (Kings) Koufus/Shumpert/Cash/pick

Kanter/Burke for (Wolves) Gibson/Aldrich/pick

Kanter/Burke for (Mavs) Matthews/pick

Keep in mind some teams are positioned to be a playoff team, bubble playoff team, and need better depth. I really like the Orlando trade although it would hurt to give them up the kids but Vucevic is a excellent piece next to #kporzee or a replacement for him should he leave in free agency

HUH !!!
The Knicks are on a 8 game losing streak after last night loss, plus the Knicks are on the road out west for the next 3 games vs Lebron Lakers, Lillard Blazers, then the 3 time championship GS Warriors.
The Knicks long losing streak goes to Fizdale for taking a NBA experience center Kanter out of the starter lineup, which only means one thing .. TANKING the season !!!
Last night the Nuggets Joker had a triple-double because Fizdale had the Knicks double-double big-body in the paint center Kanter on the bench watching the Knicks 2nd season player] Kornet let Joker perform like a super all-star player.
Fizdale gave Kanter 20 minute of playing time last night, Kanter scored a easy 17 pts on 55% shooting, and grab 12 rebounds (7 offensive rb).
Knick Fans not knowing or understanding the value of Kanter is one thing .. but when the head coach Fizdale act as if he dont know why Kanter receive $18M per. plus when Fizdale dont have our young PG Mudiay, and PG Frank, and PG Burke, and PG Trier run several Pick n Roll sets with an experience center Kanter like OKC Thunder Westbrook always did as soon as Kanter enter the game .. something is really wrong with Fizdale SO-CALL development of the young-core players.
Fizdale didn't tell his number #1 Knick player Mudiay the best way to get even with the team that traded him was to have a 10 plus assist game against them. Last night vs the Nuggets Mudiay did have the chance to get 15 assist feeding Knox, Timmy, Dotson, Trier, Kornet, and Kanter. But dum-dum Mudiay TRIED to be a SG by shooting 7-20 against his ex-Nuggets team .. all the Nuggets players and coaches had to remind themselves after the game that Mudiay hasnt change or improve and still has a low IQ as a play-maker.