Game thread: New York Knicks @ Golden State Warriors 10:30 1/8/2019 [Game #41]

pat

Starter
Fizdale is full if crap for sure, came to NY with 3 objectives. Conditioning, ball movement and defense, where are we 19apg dead last in the league, 115 ppg allowed 27th in the league. You have to laugh we he says I'm going to coach the hell out of the guys.

Consider this pattern. Coaches have success elsewhere. Knicks hire them for tons of momey. They suck. Knicks fire them. They are successful somewhere else. It's not the coaches. Since the front office has changed multiple times as well, there is only one thing that has not changed: Jimmy.

Kiyaman

Legend
i agree with ya....but.... he doesn't have a lot of talent to work with...

I have seen several college coaches with less talented players coach a better offensive strategy, and even a much better Zone defense than Fizdale put on the court in 40 games. I'm sorry if u happen to be a Fizdale fan, but Hornacek coaching had a better team philosophy than Fizdale's foolishness. Having 6 guards on the roster, and not being able to get two of the guards to perform on the same-page in a lineup are Clueless coaching.
The number one reason why I wanted the Knicks to hire head coach Mark Jackson to get the Knicks guards on the same-page with the big-men on offense/defense.

Kiyaman

Legend
Consider this pattern. Coaches have success elsewhere. Knicks hire them for tons of momey. They suck. Knicks fire them. They are successful somewhere else. It's not the coaches. Since the front office has changed multiple times as well, there is only one thing that has not changed: Jimmy.

The Knicks has hired some winning coaches but the Knicks front-office and Jimmy calls all the shots ..
Do you really think Dantoni wanted to give ISO-Melo 40 minute of playing time?
Do u really think Phil Jackson wanted to resign ISO-Melo?
Both Dantoni and Phil actually quit on the Knicks before even getting started bc of the front-office demands.

Fizdale's coaching theory of changing the starter lineup for several inexperience young players has been a good philosophy for TANKING a season .. not for developing young-core players.
Fizdale nor Hornacek were permitted to take Timmy Hardaway Jr. out of the starter lineup (President Mills signing) .. when practically every Knick fan knows Timmy's ball-hogging poor defense and no passing skills performance are best as a 6th to 8th man in the rotation.

tiger0330

Legend
Mark your calendars. Boogie returns to NBA bball on JAN 18. Kerr says he's starting. Can't wait to see how he fits but, I think he's just what they need to get them back on track.

Broadway

All Star
Mark your calendars. Boogie returns to NBA bball on JAN 18. Kerr says he's starting. Can't wait to see how he fits but, I think he's just what they need to get them back on track.

I'm not interested in multi Champions/All-NBAers/All-Stars/Superstars needing help from a player who's almost every bit their caliber/the former. Miss me with this lame joke of a comeback. This is not what competition was built on

Outside of Boogie's ability to play again from injury(which we all should hope the best in physical recovery) there's really nothing to be excited about unless you're a Boogie/Warriors fan

tiger0330

Legend
I'm not interested in multi Champions/All-NBAers/All-Stars/Superstars needing help from a player who's almost every bit their caliber/the former. Miss me with this lame joke of a comeback. This is not what competition was built on

Outside of Boogie's ability to play again from injury(which we all should hope the best in physical recovery) there's really nothing to be excited about unless you're a Boogie/Warriors fan

I hear you, your feelings are what I thought about Durant when he left OKC for the Dubs but this feels different because Cuz has never won with anyone despite his AS status. I posted was a starting 5 of Cuz, Dray, KD, KT, Steph the greatest starting 5 assembled, they'll only have a half a season to prove it but it could be fun watching them go up and down the court scoring 125 pts a night and beating everyone in sight or maybe the possibility like what happened with HOU when they got Melo, they start saying Boogie just doesn't fit this Warriors team. Anyway its a highly anticipated debut thats going to get a lot of attention for the rest of the season.

Broadway

All Star
I hear you, your feelings are what I thought about Durant when he left OKC for the Dubs but this feels different because Cuz has never won with anyone despite his AS status. I posted was a starting 5 of Cuz, Dray, KD, KT, Steph the greatest starting 5 assembled, they'll only have a half a season to prove it but it could be fun watching them go up and down the court scoring 125 pts a night and beating everyone in sight or maybe the possibility like what happened with HOU when they got Melo, they start saying Boogie just doesn't fit this Warriors team. Anyway its a highly anticipated debut thats going to get a lot of attention for the rest of the season.

Doesn't feel different to me cuhz he could've accepted Pels 2yr $40mil offer and helped a guy who never won himself in AD. Who critics are now back to being hard on stating why can't he win in New Orleans and wishing him away to join Lebron and Lakers another multi-champion player/franchise with like 20 chips total between them. You pity a player who's never won but what about Franchises who never won or major Franchises with little to show for from their overall history in this league?

It's not like Cousins has been some benevolent player for the league?

Who likes seeing bullies beat up on kids in school? Heck the Warriors could've looked to sign Melo themselves it would've not got attention? Doesn't matter who, they are the team of attraction but not everything requires shock value for entertainment.

Like all the banter about the Lakers squad to start season. Well they haven't had any social competitive problems. They gone out and played their schedule to the best of their ability. Their main adversity has been injuries. I guess that's why in all DA MEDIA's boredness they gravitated to the AD angle. I could care less if the DA MEDIA has a story to sell because I don't watch or root sports on through the lens of their narratives. They were lathered up to pen all the chaotic mess of Rondo/Lance and who would Lebron clash with most blah blah blah. Hasn't happened and shame on them.

I saw Scottie on The Jump today be asked by Rachel Nichols should Boogie start...he said yes cuhz he took a paycut. I was like how could he have taken a paycut if the narrative signing with Dubs was because he didn't get any offers? :rolling::rolling::rolling:.

So in other words he must have turned down an offer prior to(he did ~ Pels) or he could've waited and got more money elsewhere to help another team win a potential Championship

This ain't professional wrestling if I want scripted story lines laced with agenda I'll watch WWE/RAW.

Even should the Warriors fail(which I doubt) what would this prove? And if they win, 40gms played would never qualify for the greatest team ever under any circumstance.

A classic case of Rich-get-Richer, I'll never get behind this whether it's sports/economy/education etc etc

Last edited:

tiger0330

Legend
Well said B. Odds are the Dubs will be a success with Cuz but I remember what Grant Napier said about Cuz when they traded him that the Kings made the right decision since in his 6 years with the team, Kings players hated playing with him. I only heard positives when he was on the Pels and no rumors that he hasn't been a good teammate on the Warriors but based on what Napier said there is always the chance he's a chemistry killer like Butler looks to be in PHI.

Broadway

All Star
Well said B. Odds are the Dubs will be a success with Cuz but I remember what Grant Napier said about Cuz when they traded him that the Kings made the right decision since in his 6 years with the team, Kings players hated playing with him. I only heard positives when he was on the Pels and no rumors that he hasn't been a good teammate on the Warriors but based on what Napier said there is always the chance he's a chemistry killer like Butler looks to be in PHI.

Butler isn't a chemistry killer though...again another brain washed media narrative. Ramona Shelborne jumped out the window with story cuhz there's Lakers bias built in, follow the trail of agenda here. Reports this week says Philly's been receiving tons of calls on Butler who they have no interest trading. How could this be for a habitual chemistry killer?

Have the Bulls recovered since his exodus? Did the Wolves not make the playoffs last yr after a 14yr drought? What's Philly's record since acquiring Butler the games he's played I think it's like 18-7. Simmons and Embiid are still getting their numbers and in some respects improved in some areas. Just because Towns and Wiggins flaked doesn't make Butler a chemistry killer.

DA MEDIA never fools me and I call them out directly on Twitter on their bs.