Game thread: New York Knicks vs Philadelphia 76ers 1:00 1/13/2019 [Game #43]

Knicks never won less than 20 games in a season until 2015. Now on pace to do it for a 2nd time in 4 years.

tiger0330

Legend
Knicks never won less than 20 games in a season until 2015. Now on pace to do it for a 2nd time in 4 years.
Unfortunate but our direction is set esp with KK and Kornet showing promise. Priority number 1, trade Enes and see if you can get a second back for him, if you can't buy him out at the deadline.

mafra

Legend
Unfortunate but our direction is set esp with KK and Kornet showing promise. Priority number 1, trade Enes and see if you can get a second back for him, if you can't buy him out at the deadline.

And Knicks would be better with KP. No doubt. This season is akin to what happened in SA (when DR got hurt and that netted Spurs Duncan). It?s a blessing!

If KP is legit and we hit gold in lottery... rebuilt is complete even if we don?t get a max free agent.

Kiyaman

Legend
They didn't win but a lot of positives from the game. Kornet, KK and Nits looked good. Dotson had 3 freebies with 10 secs left and the Sixers with a 5 pt lead. He made the first 2 and Fiz called for him to miss the 3rd from the sideline since they were out of TOs and he misses it so Mudiay gets the RB for an attempt at a tying 3 but he misses. KK with a career high 31, Kornet with 23. Nits looked good, Fiz a well coached game.

Damn .. I missed the game woke up late after clowning all the Cowboy fans last night at the card game at a Game-Night Party.
Its nice to see Frank got some playing-time from puppet Fizdale .. I still want to see Frank & Dotson being develop as the Knicks backcourt tandem guards, its a shame Hornacek didnt have the coaching experience to develop two young guards last season, and this season its a shame Fizdale doesn't have the experience to get players on the same-page in a lineup.

It look like I missed our 19 yr old rookie FortKnox scoring inside/outside to get a career high 31 points on 12-23 shooting on Philly today .. Welcome to the NBA again FortKnox keep building-up ur confidence.
So far my best Knick lineup to develop throughout the remainder of the season are ....
PG-Frank
SG-Dotson
SF-Knox
PF-MitchRob
C-Kanter
6th Man-Kornet & ISO-Zo
Im signing and trading injury-prone Tired-KP on July 1st 2019 !!!

Kiyaman

Legend

Stop! look! Think! before making comments on trade and buyout!
How many centers in the eastern conference are better than Kanter ???
without Kanter in the lineup the Knicks grabbed 34 rebounds !!!

Kiyaman

Legend
Tiger .... i gave up all hope on the Knicks getting a winning coaching-staff as good as JVG had decades ago.
The 2018-19 Knicks need a few (long-term) veteran players on the roster to help improve the development of the (keeper) young-core players into future winning players .. Bad news .. the majority of decent veteran FA players dont sign to loser-teams like the Knicks.
The Knicks resigning a 24 minute double-double big-body center Kanter to a 2 or more year contract happen to be a 85% better future deal than the Timmy & Ron Baker signing, or the Mario Hezonja & Noah Vonleh signing SMH.
The Knicks will need Kanter's veteran/experience the next two seasons for the development of the three young-core big-men KP, Kornet, and MitchRob the next 3 to 4 seasons.