Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 46
  1. #31
    12th man
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    10,158
    Rep Power
    29

    Default

    Originally Posted by tiger0330
    Kornet hits a 3 cutting the lead to 8. 23 pts for him and showed toughness and a versatile game today.
    Same for Nits dishes a dime to Mudiay for a corner 3 and then blocks JB at their end. Nice overall game for him.

  2. #32
    Veteran mafra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    7,134
    Rep Power
    21

    Default

    Looks like Knox, Kornet and Mudiay putting on a show.

  3. #33
    12th man
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    10,158
    Rep Power
    29

    Default

    JJ with the dagger 3. Knicks came within 1 several times but are now down 104-98 with 20 secs left.

  4. #34
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    4,983
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by mafra
    Looks like Knox, Kornet and Mudiay putting on a show.
    Can we now come to the realization Mudiay and Knits should play together? I think they are a wonderful mix of offense defense combo. Man Perry needs to make a trade in the worst way to force Fizdale to do this. I've been asking for this since day 1 of Mudiay trade.

  5. #35
    Veteran mafra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    7,134
    Rep Power
    21

    Default

    Originally Posted by tiger0330
    Same for Nits dishes a dime to Mudiay for a corner 3 and then blocks JB at their end. Nice overall game for him.
    5 assists for Knits. 8&5 feels like a triple double.

  6. #36
    Veteran mafra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    7,134
    Rep Power
    21

    Default

    Originally Posted by Broadway
    Can we now come to the realization Mudiay and Knits should play together? I think they are a wonderful mix of offense defense combo. Man Perry needs to make a trade in the worst way to force Fizdale to do this. I've been asking for this since day 1 of Mudiay trade.
    Yes. Whatís wrong with molding Knits into a Gerald Wilkins / Bruce Bowen type SG?

  7. #37
    12th man
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    10,158
    Rep Power
    29

    Default

    They didn't win but a lot of positives from the game. Kornet, KK and Nits looked good. Dotson had 3 freebies with 10 secs left and the Sixers with a 5 pt lead. He made the first 2 and Fiz called for him to miss the 3rd from the sideline since they were out of TOs and he misses it so Mudiay gets the RB for an attempt at a tying 3 but he misses. KK with a career high 31, Kornet with 23. Nits looked good, Fiz a well coached game.

  8. #38
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    4,983
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by mafra
    5 assists for Knits. 8&5 feels like a triple double.
    He was solid today, played with pace stayed aggressive on offense. Needs to find out how to get his shot off in the paint better but has found 1 thing I believe with using his length on extending to the rim on layups. Not sure why he gets his shot blocked as much as he does with his size and length.

  9. #39
    12th man
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    10,158
    Rep Power
    29

    Default

    Originally Posted by mafra
    5 assists for Knits. 8&5 feels like a triple double.
    He missed a lot of bunnies. You have to think they go in eventually. B is right, why play THJ, if you're going to develop the young guys DEVELOP the young guys. I'd use the Hardaway hammy to keep him on the bench for as long as I can and play Knits as much as I could.

  10. #40
    Veteran mafra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    7,134
    Rep Power
    21

    Default

    Mudiay struggled to finish first few years... tough for 19/20 yr old to get used to contact in the paint. We can only hope he improves this area....

  11. #41
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    6,243
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Knicks never won less than 20 games in a season until 2015. Now on pace to do it for a 2nd time in 4 years.

  12. #42
    12th man
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    10,158
    Rep Power
    29

    Default

    Originally Posted by htr10
    Knicks never won less than 20 games in a season until 2015. Now on pace to do it for a 2nd time in 4 years.
    Unfortunate but our direction is set esp with KK and Kornet showing promise. Priority number 1, trade Enes and see if you can get a second back for him, if you can't buy him out at the deadline.

  13. #43
    Veteran mafra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    7,134
    Rep Power
    21

    Default

    Originally Posted by tiger0330
    Unfortunate but our direction is set esp with KK and Kornet showing promise. Priority number 1, trade Enes and see if you can get a second back for him, if you can't buy him out at the deadline.
    And Knicks would be better with KP. No doubt. This season is akin to what happened in SA (when DR got hurt and that netted Spurs Duncan). Itís a blessing!

    If KP is legit and we hit gold in lottery... rebuilt is complete even if we donít get a max free agent.

  14. #44
    12th man
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    11,200
    Rep Power
    28

    Default

    Originally Posted by tiger0330
    They didn't win but a lot of positives from the game. Kornet, KK and Nits looked good. Dotson had 3 freebies with 10 secs left and the Sixers with a 5 pt lead. He made the first 2 and Fiz called for him to miss the 3rd from the sideline since they were out of TOs and he misses it so Mudiay gets the RB for an attempt at a tying 3 but he misses. KK with a career high 31, Kornet with 23. Nits looked good, Fiz a well coached game.

    Damn .. I missed the game woke up late after clowning all the Cowboy fans last night at the card game at a Game-Night Party.
    Its nice to see Frank got some playing-time from puppet Fizdale .. I still want to see Frank & Dotson being develop as the Knicks backcourt tandem guards, its a shame Hornacek didnt have the coaching experience to develop two young guards last season, and this season its a shame Fizdale doesn't have the experience to get players on the same-page in a lineup.

    It look like I missed our 19 yr old rookie FortKnox scoring inside/outside to get a career high 31 points on 12-23 shooting on Philly today .. Welcome to the NBA again FortKnox keep building-up ur confidence.
    So far my best Knick lineup to develop throughout the remainder of the season are ....
    PG-Frank
    SG-Dotson
    SF-Knox
    PF-MitchRob
    C-Kanter
    6th Man-Kornet & ISO-Zo
    Im signing and trading injury-prone Tired-KP on July 1st 2019 !!!

  15. #45
    12th man
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    11,200
    Rep Power
    28

    Default

    Originally Posted by tiger0330
    Unfortunate but our direction is set esp with KK and Kornet showing promise. Priority number 1, trade Enes and see if you can get a second back for him, if you can't buy him out at the deadline.
    Stop! look! Think! before making comments on trade and buyout!
    How many centers in the eastern conference are better than Kanter ???
    without Kanter in the lineup the Knicks grabbed 34 rebounds !!!

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 74
    Last Post: Nov 29, 2018, 21:57
  2. Replies: 40
    Last Post: Mar 19, 2018, 13:46
  3. Replies: 96
    Last Post: Feb 13, 2018, 13:36
  4. Replies: 35
    Last Post: Apr 13, 2017, 15:28
  5. Replies: 29
    Last Post: Jan 12, 2017, 16:07

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •