Game thread: New York Knicks vs Oklahoma City Thunder 12:30 1/21/2019 [Game #45]

Broadway

All Star
Definitely see him exploring his offense a little more and guess what he's cutting back on...shooting 3s. I thin he's not settling on the perimeter as much anymore. I applaud this, if by design

EDIT

The team has also mitigated Trier...as an offensive weapon. He's is trying to facilitate more and I appreciate his efforts

Last edited:

mafra

Legend
And the beat goes on... Why does Fiz give Knox the green light but Knits can barely take 5 shots? DEMAND that he shoot and work on things.

Anyway, after 50 games if losing and with deadline approaching.... and with no apparent coaching going on (running a system with defined roles), this is a rudderless ship right now.

It?s imperative we get a top 3 pick. Ja, Zion or RJ makes this worth it.

Kiyaman

Legend
Definitely see him exploring his offense a little more and guess what he's cutting back on...shooting 3s. I thin he's not settling on the perimeter as much anymore. I applaud this, if by design

Frank supposed to be the Knicks future starting PG .. Dotson supposed to be the future starting SG or 6th man .. Knox supposed to be the future starting SF .. Tired-KP suppose to be the future starting PF .. MitchRob supposed to be the future starting center .. and ISO-Zo suppose to be a future 6th man.
The above players mention (Kornet for KP) suppose to be coming off the bench as a 2nd unit throughout the 2018-19 season.
The Knick starters for the 2018-19 season are suppose to be Kanter (Best NBA player on roster), Vonleh, Mario, Timmy, and Burke or Mudiay.
The Knicks Front-Office hired a bum head coach Fizdale to TANK the season so the developing season has turned into what you dont want from a head coach.
MitchRob fouled out with 5 min remaining in a LOSING game. WHY?

Broadway

All Star
Frank supposed to be the Knicks future starting PG .. Dotson supposed to be the future starting SG or 6th man .. Knox supposed to be the future starting SF .. Tired-KP suppose to be the future starting PF .. MitchRob supposed to be the future starting center .. and ISO-Zo suppose to be a future 6th man.
The above players mention (Kornet for KP) suppose to be coming off the bench as a 2nd unit throughout the 2018-19 season.
The Knick starters for the 2018-19 season are suppose to be Kanter (Best NBA player on roster), Vonleh, Mario, Timmy, and Burke or Mudiay.
The Knicks Front-Office hired a bum head coach Fizdale to TANK the season so the developing season has turned into what you dont want from a head coach.
MitchRob fouled out with 5 min remaining in a LOSING game. WHY?

Knits did next to nothing in the 2nd half as a I predicted but everyone will ISO his defensive stop against PG13 and Westbrook as HOF worthy...:rolling::rolling::rolling:

Kiyaman

Legend
And the beat goes on... Why does Fiz give Knox the green light but Knits can barely take 5 shots? DEMAND that he shoot and work on things.

Anyway, after 50 games if losing and with deadline approaching.... and with no apparent coaching going on (running a system with defined roles), this is a rudderless ship right now.

It’s imperative we get a top 3 pick. Ja, Zion or RJ makes this worth it.

The Knicks need a NEW head coach next season, and two or three new coaches for the coaching-staff before selecting a draft pick in June.
Maybe the Knicks new 2019-20 head coach (Mark Jackson) will have star FA interested to sign on to the Knicks.

Broadway

All Star

It’s imperative we get a top 3 pick. Ja, Zion or RJ makes this worth it.

Knits put up 12FGA and did so basically over 3qrts. I think it's more so up to him to make the most of the minutes he gets. I do feel we should define the roles more and trim the fat on this roster. We need to start making some trades and change player's zip codes.

Watched NBATV this weekend and not sure if it was David Griffin or who he was covering games with but they said it's a Buyer's Market and teams might not be willing to trade. It's like come on Knicks we easily can get value for our players if true

Last edited:

tiger0330

Legend
Knits put up 12FGA and did so basically over 3qrts. I think it's more so up to him to make the most of the minutes he gets. I do feel we should define the roles more and trim the fat on this roster. We need to start making some trades and change player's zip codes.

Watched NBATV this weekend and not sure if it was David Griffin or who was covering games with but they said it's a Buyer's Market and teams might not be willing to trade. It's like come one Knicks we easily can get value for our players if true
The Knicks aren't winning many games the rest of the season with arguably the worst roster in the NBA. Logic tells you Perry should do something, trade players, bring up GLeague prospects etc. Breen, Hahn, Harlow talked up Nits constantly on the broadcast and his D but he was still only 4-12 with not one FT attempt. Fiz did give him 30 mins, Nits needs a steady diet of 25-30 min games and a defined role for his development and to find out if he's worth keeping.

Kiyaman

Legend

Watched NBATV this weekend and not sure if it was David Griffin or who was covering games with but they said it's a Buyer's Market and teams might not be willing to trade. It's like come one Knicks we easily can get value for our players if true

The Knicks has some valuable young-core role-players on the roster that may invite being traded to the next team.
Frank would probably luv to be traded to Mavs coach Rick Carlisle system to have Mavs coaches work with him on his weak n strong areas throughout the remainder of the season. Because none of the Knicks young-core players has showed any improvement throughout 45 games under Fizdale no-system basketball.
I will admit I am afraid of the Knicks making any trades before the trading deadline, why?
The Knicks Front-Office Mills B.ball IQ are the same as James Dolan's on players n coaches.
And Perry's selection of same-page head coaches are not looking good after 45 games having 10-35 record.
Are the Knicks still considered a Mismanagement organization ???

Broadway

All Star
The Knicks aren't winning many games the rest of the season with arguably the worst roster in the NBA. Logic tells you Perry should do something, trade players, bring up GLeague prospects etc. Breen, Hahn, Harlow talked up Nits constantly on the broadcast and his D but he was still only 4-12 with not one FT attempt. Fiz did give him 30 mins, Nits needs a steady diet of 25-30 min games and a defined role for his development and to find out if he's worth keeping.

Good first half pedestrian second half...I spent the 2nd half seeing Knits as a forgotten memory but wondered why the Celtics made Nader a forgotten one. Fans will probably say well isn't this why we don't want to do the same with Knits. Well there's a difference where we are vs where the Celtics are and there's a big difference in how Nader plays vs Knits

On pace to go 18 - 64. Going to go down to the wire for worst Knicks season of all-time compared with 2014-15 when we went 17 - 65. Hooray for us. This decade has really been something special for us.

Kiyaman

Legend

How about Fizdale stop playing musical-chairs in the starting lineup and the substitution rotation!
I watch the Knicks TANK several seasons in a row .. I think I learned a lot about how to TANK a season by watching the 23 win season Knicks in two decades. When Fizdale change the starting lineup after the first 4 games into the season, the TANK was on.
Fizdale did not take any time to work at developing the starting lineup before replacing them after the 1-4 start, nor did Fizdale have role-players on the bench to replace the starting lineup (TANK). When the 2nd starter lineup went 2-4 Fizdale started replacing one player at a time out of the starting lineup (TANK). Does this type of coaching look like Fizdale were trying to develop players to win games, or keep players confuse and guessing each game on what teammate will be in my lineup this game???

tiger0330

Legend
On pace to go 18 - 64. Going to go down to the wire for worst Knicks season of all-time compared with 2014-15 when we went 17 - 65. Hooray for us. This decade has really been something special for us.

I hear you. 17-65 in the PJ reboot, 18-64 in the second year of the Mills reboot. You hope that missing one player Porzingis can make that much of a difference in the roster next year but more likely we are looking at losing many of the guys on the current roster and starting with at least 5 new faces next year. I'm looking for more losing next year as well.

Kiyaman

Legend
I did like seeing the trio of Frank Dotson and Trier on the court together, Frank & Dotson let Trier do a little play-making hitting MitchRob with the alleyoops, and grabbing 8 dimes for the game. Other than that the Knicks offense/defense STINK in the first quarter by letting OKC grab a 18 point lead to start the 2nd quarter of the game.
Dum-Dum Puppet Fizdale selection of starters were perfectly picked to TANK the Knicks 2018-19 season team ....
1) Kornet's skills are far from being a bigman starter at PF or center (14 minute stretch-5)!
2) Rookie Knox does not belong in the starter lineup being a raw 19 yr old project (24 minute SF)!
3) Timmy show us in every game that his skills does not belong in the starter lineup, hes just a bench scorer (24 minute SG)!
4) The Tier-3 PG Mudiay's skills and low IQ are the 3rd PG a coach use in the rotation (9th man14 minute PG) !!!

jimkcchief88

All Star

I didn?t watch much maybe half of the 4th quarter on NBA TV. It was nice to hear Clyde on the call but that was it. Tank rolls on...