Game thread: New York Knicks vs Houston Rickets 7:30 1/23/2019 [Game #46]

tiger0330

Legend
All this Harden mania is getting hard to stomach. Big deal. He’s Mr.Jan. Why did Melo and others get crucified for years b/c they couldn’t win in the post season.

Pinch me next time Harden leads his team in the playoffs. He’s a serial choker who chucks bricks in the big game when his team needs him most.
You have to be Mr. Jan to get to be Mr. June. The guy is carrying that team with all the injuries they've had. Clyde giving him credit for being one of the NBAs iron men which I don't hear enough about. Leading the league in minutes and not taking days off despite some minor injuries he's had. I'm a fan.

Broadway

All Star
I thought the plan was to put First Team All Defense Knits on Harden to slow down the onslaught?

Knits does know how to deliver [donuts]!

mafra

Legend
You have to be Mr. Jan to get to be Mr. June. The guy is carrying that team with all the injuries they've had. Clyde giving him credit for being one of the NBAs iron men which I don't hear enough about. Leading the league in minutes and not taking days off despite some minor injuries he's had. I'm a fan.

Nobody saying he?s a bum... But he ain?t Reggie Miller. I don?t care how many consecutive 30-point games he has... let?s see him have a few consecutive good games in a WC playoff series. What was he last year vs GSW? Didn?t he miss like 21 consecutive 3s? In my book, we yell ?choke?.

Kiyaman

Legend
It'll be interesting whether the Knicks decide to bring Mudiay back, he's not a starting PG in the NBA imo. Probably depends who they draft, that kid Ja Morant looks to be good, so if we don't get Zion and we pick him maybe we let him go.

We better not resign Mudiay .. nor should we let Fizdale get another season coaching the Knicks .. It shows now that Frank & Dotson did not get enough playingtime in the first half, Frank & Dotson are missing shots they should be making if Fizdale didnt keep giving them spot minute in the rotation .. TELL KNOX to PASS the Ball !!!!!!

mafra

Legend
Dotson bad turnover on fast break then fails to box out... killer momentum swing with time running out.

97-93

tiger0330

Legend
Bone head Fiz gets thrown out complaining about a call and giving the Rox a point on his tech. Rule #1 don't give a pt away in a close game.

tiger0330

Legend
Knicks take the lead on inexplicable TO by PJ and Mudiay sinks FTs for a 108-107 lead but Harden comes back with his freebies to take the lead back 109-108 with 20 secs left. Knicks ball, let's go Knicks.

mafra

Legend
Trier with a sweet move to give NYK the lead but EG makes it rain. HOU up 2 with 10 seconds left. Harden with 59 (second most vs NYK since 1968).

mafra

Legend
Knicks lob it to Vonleh near half court.... ISO Noah not the best call. Harden strips him and slams down 61 to tie Kobe for most points vs NYK since 1968.

You couldn?t draw up a worse play, even if you called a random fan out of the mezzanine level and let him go isO.

Great call if you?re on team tank.

tiger0330

Legend
Trier with a drive to get the Knicks lead. Gordon comes back with a 3 from the top to get the Rox a 2 pt lead. Vonleh TO on the inbounds and Harden gets the ball and dunks it. Rox win 114-110 in a nail biter, Harden with 61.

mafra

Legend
31-10-3 for Trier;
0-2-6 for Knits.

Trier only played 9 minutes more (32 to 23 minutes).

Last edited: