1629066.png
1628995.png

1626203.png
203943.png

1628386.png
202498.png

Injury Report

Brooklyn NetsNew York Knicks
Spencer Dinwiddie - Right thumb injury (QUEST)Luke Kornet - Sprained left ankle (OUT)
Rondae Hollis-Jefferson - Left shoulder strain (QUEST)Kristaps Porzingis - Left knee (OUT)
Allen Crabbe - Sore right knee (OUT)Kadeem Allen - G-League assignment (NWT))
Jared Dudley - Left hamstring strain (OUT)Isiah Hicks - G-League assignment (NWT)
Caris LeVert - Subtalar dislocation, right foot (OUT)Emmanuel Mudiay - Strained left shoulder (OUT)
Dzanan Musa - Left shoulder subluxation (OUT)-
Alan Williams - G League ? Two-Way (OUT)-

Game Preview

When they last met on Dec. 8, the Brooklyn Nets and New York Knicks were in the opening stages of their current trajectories.

On that night, Spencer Dinwiddie constantly reached the lane and scored 25 points in Brooklyn's 112-104 win in Madison Square Garden. It was the second win in a seven-game winning streak that turned around Brooklyn's season. Meanwhile, it was a week into New York's current skid.

Heading into the final game of the season series, the Nets have a seven-game home winning streak while the visiting Knicks are on a seven-game skid and firmly entrenched as one of the league's worst teams.

"When we're at home we want to take care of home court," Nets guard D'Angelo Russell said.

"On the road, we know what we gotta do to grind it out and give ourselves a chance to win, so just going on the road and being at home, those are our main mentalities."

The Nets lead the season series 2-1 after losing all four games to the Knicks last season.

Brooklyn is 18-5 in its past 23 games. The run, which started with a one-point overtime home win over Toronto on Dec. 7, is the Nets' best 23-game stretch since 2005-06.

Brooklyn (26-23) is within two wins of last season's total.

Fourteen of their wins in this 18-5 stretch has come by single digits.

"I would say the confidence is pretty high," Brooklyn wing Joe Harris said.

"We've been in these tight-game scenarios most of the season, and we obviously went through a spell where we lost a lot of them, and now we're coming out on the better side of it. But we've learned through those experiences and we're better for it."

Brooklyn's latest win was a 114-110 home victory over the Orlando Magic on Wednesday night, when Russell and Dinwiddie were productive again.

Russell finished with 25 points, 10 assists and seven rebounds in 33 minutes. It was his fifth double-double and his fifth game with at least 20 points and 10 assists.

Russell is averaging 24.1 points in his last 11 games.

Dinwiddie scored 29 points against Orlando. He has 10 games with at least 25 points as a reserve to tie the franchise record set by Bubbles Hawkins in 1976-77.

The Knicks' seven-game skid is one shy of their season high set Dec. 16-Jan. 1. New York also is 2-20 in its last 22 games since getting an overtime win over the Milwaukee Bucks on Dec. 1.

New York is on its 12th losing streak of at least seven games since the start of the 2013-14 season. The latest loss was Wednesday's 114-110 home defeat to the Houston Rockets when James Harden scored 61 points, tying Kobe Bryant's 2009 record for most points scored by a visitor at the current Madison Square Garden.

The Knicks had chances to win but wound up improving their lottery chances, even if coach David Fizdale insisted that is not their intention.

"I don't think anybody should just be trying to do that," Fizdale said. "But you always have to look at the circumstances. And that's what we're doing right now. Our circumstance is we have the youngest team in the NBA."

On Wednesday, rookie Allonzo Trier scored a career-high 31 points and added 10 rebounds to become New York's first rookie to get at least 30 points and 10 rebounds since Patrick Ewing in 1985-86.

Trier's performance occurred on a night when Enes Kanter did not play, registering the first DNP-coaches decision of his career. The 26-year-old center, who said the coaching staff had told him he would start Wednesday, voiced his frustration after the loss.

"My job right now is just cheer for my teammates and try to be a good teammate," Kanter said. "Like I said, what they're doing to me is pretty messed up. I deserve way better."
--Field Level Media

(STATS / cbssports.com)

Kiyaman

Legend
Thank's for the NY vs Brooklyn Game-Thread Rady .. Tank-Tank coach Fizdale will have his Tank-Lineup as Starters tonight.
The (26-23) above .500 Brooklyn Nets team has not been taking any hostages the past two months.
The Nets head-Coach Kenny Atkinson creative coaching skills has put his dynamic winning backcourt tandem PG (Russell & Dinwiddle) previous team head coaches into question mark of having a job next season.
After tonight game Mills/Perry should be looking for another head-coach ASAP to replace the inexperience Fizdale, who think he is a head coach because he was on the coaching-staff of the Miami Heat Big-3 plus one .. Lebron/D.Wade/Bosh/and Ray Allen !!!

Kiyaman

Legend
On Wednesday, rookie Allonzo Trier scored a career-high 31 points and added 10 rebounds to become New York's first rookie to get at least 30 points and 10 rebounds since Patrick Ewing in 1985-86.

Trier's performance occurred on a night when Enes Kanter did not play, registering the first DNP-coaches decision of his career. The 26-year-old center, who said the coaching staff had told him he would start Wednesday, voiced his frustration after the loss.
"My job right now is just cheer for my teammates and try to be a good teammate," Kanter said. "Like I said, what they're doing to me is pretty messed up. I deserve way better."

Kanter happen to be the best NBA player on the Knicks roster this season. Kanter's weak presence on the defensive end of the court could've been fixed easy by hiring Rasheed Wallace to the Knicks coaching-staff in November.
Kanter are showing Knick Fans one of the many reasons why star FA has been refusing to sign with the Knicks organization the past decade .. The Front-Office are not on the same-page with the coaching staff, and the coaching staff are not on the same-page with the players, and the Players and coaching-staff are not on the same-page with head coach Fizdale !!!

tiger0330

Legend
Mudiay out at least 2 weeks with bad shoulder. Puzzling we didn't hear about this earlier because it seems like its more than a minor injury.

Nits starting and he seems motivated with this 2 week challenge as the starting PG.

tiger0330

Legend
Nits looks huge compared to Napier. Shabazz overmatched and Nits uses his length to reach around to steal the ball.

tiger0330

Legend
Noticeable defensive drop when Nits left the game. Nets guards were able to get into the lane with ease w/o him in there. Knicks up 37-30 1st.

tiger0330

Legend
CLee in a rare appearance to start the second. Dinwiddie is out, he scored 28 against the Magic and a big blow to the Nets depth.

Broadway

All Star
So far...

Not a bad start by the starters tonight. Knits played well and had a presence out there but the team has managed without as he got into early foul trouble. Shabazz looks as good as a backup as Knits does as a starter and Burke got DRuss in foul trouble right away after subbing in for Knits. Vonleh has ben the show overall as the Nets don't respect his game and won't cover him

tiger0330

Legend
So far no sign of Kanter. Really don't hold with a coach holding a guy out because the guy mouths off on Twitter about his playing time but that's Fiz right, if he wants to DNP him until the trade deadline, he's going to get Kanter to get his buyout.

Broadway

All Star
So far no sign of Kanter. Really don't hold with a coach holding a guy out because the guy mouths off on Twitter about his playing time but that's Fiz right, if he wants to DNP him until the trade deadline, he's going to get Kanter to get his buyout.

I don't like the optics but Kanter took it too far...they already talked and he played him but he kept popping off because he didn't want to come off the bench. Enough is Enough with him. Players don't run teams and that msg needs to be sent to the rest of the players as they're watching what he does in situations like these.

tiger0330

Legend
Nits back to passing the ball out at the top again. Fiz goes back with Trey after, wonder if it was because the offense looked stagnant with Nits in.

Broadway

All Star
Nits back to passing the ball out at the top again. Fiz goes back with Trey after, wonder if it was because the offense looked stagnant with Nits in.

He has no consistent pace or flow to his game, he only knows how to play well during any given stretch(small) in a game and disappear for the majority of rest. 3 personal fouls too

tiger0330

Legend
He has no consistent pace or flow to his game, he only knows how to play well during any given stretch(small) in a game and disappear for the majority of rest. 3 personal fouls too
No reason to pull him for his 3 fouls, he's not a difference maker to curtail his playing time because of fouls, let him figure out how to play with fouls. He does show you just enough to want to keep him though.