Game thread: New York Knicks vs Brooklyn Nets 7:30 1/25/2019 [Game #47]

Kiyaman

Legend
Knicks are 7-30 from downtown. Modern NBA is almost unwatchable with this constant hoisting of threes. It’s alkost like mlb, where good hitters get on base 4 out of every 10 at bats. Good NBA players now make 3 out of every 10 28-ft shots. No movement or passing. ISO and checkers.

So True !!!

Kiyaman

Legend
The Knicks 4 Guard lineup throughout the 4th qtr killed-me
Plus gave Brooklyn a sure win.
I will say it now at the start of mid-season having a 10-36 record ...
"FIRE FIZDALE asap !!!".

tiger0330

Legend
So True !!!

Knicks are 7-30 from downtown. Modern NBA is almost unwatchable with this constant hoisting of threes. It’s alkost like mlb, where good hitters get on base 4 out of every 10 at bats. Good NBA players now make 3 out of every 10 28-ft shots. No movement or passing. ISO and checkers.
I love watching Harden. His last 76 FGs have been unassisted, thats got to be some kind of record. 76 makes not getting a pass from a teammate to score a bucket.

tiger0330

Legend
Timmy bricks a FT attempt. NY getting outrebiunded 53-26... where’s Kanter?

23 second chance points for Nets to 3 for NY.
Fiz is deliberately rubbing at him. He's been a force against the the Nets, if you did your homework, he'd be playing but it's a higher priority to get him to demand a buyout at this point.

Broadway

All Star
From what I hearing Fiz was very direct on Kanter and THJR during post game...sounds as if he wants the organization to trade them based on comments. They weren't good at all and borderline offensive concerning one of them

Kiyaman

Legend
Knits has fouled out in 3gms this yr...

23min
20min
19min

played in each game respectively. SAD!

When a young player are playing in a different teammate lineup throughout the game, in each game, without any offensive plays other than stand around ISOLATION .. the no-plan isolation offense should explain the bad NO team defense .. Frank and MitcRob will always foul-out early when the rest of the (new) lineup dont participate on the defensive end of the court.
I wish Kanter were able to speak the truth and say "Fizdale been TANKING the season since day 1." !!!

Broadway

All Star
When a young player are playing in a different teammate lineup throughout the game, in each game, without any offensive plays other than stand around ISOLATION .. the no-plan isolation offense should explain the bad NO team defense .. Frank and MitcRob will always foul-out early when the rest of the (new) lineup dont participate on the defensive end of the court.
I wish Kanter were able to speak the truth and say "Fizdale been TANKING the season since day 1." !!!

Don't want to hear any lame rebuttals from you Kiya because you weren't saying this about Mudiay(you've been highly critical of and still blast #kporzee on a consist basis who hasn't played 1 gm this yr) had to contend playing in so many different starting lineups this yr. Your post are falling on deaf ears until I see more objective assessments from you.

Kiyaman

Legend
Fiz is deliberately rubbing at him. He's been a force against the the Nets, if you did your homework, he'd be playing but it's a higher priority to get him to demand a buyout at this point.

If Kanter do agree to a buy-out the Knicks wont win 15 games this season, plus the Knicks will receive a 5 to 10 pick in the 2019 draft.
The Knicks Front-Office and Fizdale has prove .. Stupid is what stupid does!

Broadway

All Star
Wow Fiz really told the media THJR is playing because we owe him money for the next 2yrs and that Lance Thomas is a better fit on our team over Kanter because we don't need scoring as much anymore.

SHEESH!

Kiyaman

Legend
Don't want to hear any lame rebuttals from you Kiya because you weren't saying this about Mudiay(you've been highly critical of and still blast #kporzee on a consist basis who hasn't played 1 gm this yr) had to contend playing in so many different starting lineups this yr. Your post are falling on deaf ears until I see more objective assessments from you.

Mudiay's individual low b.ball IQ performance belong on the court for only 14 to 18 minute per game. The only reason Mudiay deserve that much playingtime are because the Knicks two head coaches (Horn & Fiz) did not put any effort into developing Frank and Burke play-making skills by having several plays to control the point with steady ball movement when having a big body Kanter in the middle to run pick n roll.

Broadway .... Did you see the Knicks PG run any plays tonight? Did you see the Knicks PG run any plays vs the Rockets the other night?

tiger0330

Legend
I knew Kanter has been good against the Nets below has been how good. I can't think of any coach in recent memory that would bench a guy that would ignore stats like this and not play him for what looks to be a vendetta more than anything. Not buying his explanation about Kanter doesn't fit the way he wants to play as the reason for not playing him.

[FONT=&quot]Kanter?s DNP in Friday?s 109-99 loss to the Nets was glaring for multiple reasons. The Knicks were outrebounded, 60-33, and Kanter?s greatest attribute is on the boards. He also averaged 22.3 points and 13 rebounds in the three previous games against the Nets.[/FONT]

mafra

Legend
I love watching Harden. His last 76 FGs have been unassisted, thats got to be some kind of record. 76 makes not getting a pass from a teammate to score a bucket.

Why did Dantoni despise Iso-Melo but is fine with this Iso-Harden? Odd. He?s a remarkably gifted offensive player who has exploited the modern rules. Still.... evennon this run he was 4-19, 5-20, 1-17 (or something) shootings the 3. It?s tough to watch as fans...

mafra

Legend
?They just wanted it more than us,? said Tim Hardaway Jr., who shot just 2-for-14. ?They got all the 50/50 basketballs. Some calls didn?t go our way, but we can?t control that. We just didn?t match their intensity. They came out with purpose, and we didn?t.?

tiger0330

Legend
Why did Dantoni despise Iso-Melo but is fine with this Iso-Harden? Odd. He?s a remarkably gifted offensive player who has exploited the modern rules. Still.... evennon this run he was 4-19, 5-20, 1-17 (or something) shootings the 3. It?s tough to watch as fans...
The Beard passes the ball. Dants says he sees the floor better than anyone in the league. His 8apg back that up but it's unreal that that no one beside him got him the ball at least once on his last 70 makes. CP3 will change that when he comes back

mafra

Legend
The Beard passes the ball. Dants says he sees the floor better than anyone in the league. His 8apg back that up but it's unreal that that no one beside him got him the ball at least once on his last 70 makes. CP3 will change that when he comes back

I hear that. You would think by accident somebody would help him... but Harden doesn?t cut or move without the ball...

But he was 2-13 from 3... His style isn?t conducive to winning in the playoffs... that?s my only beef with Harden. And, for the most part, HOF caliber players that thrive in the regular season but are a shell of themselves in the post season.... well, after a while, they get the media turning in them and calling them chokers. I?m not sure why Harden is immune to it?

There are at least 10 NBA players active righ now I would want on my roster come May, instead of Harden.

tiger0330

Legend
I hear that. You would think by accident somebody would help him... but Harden doesn’t cut or move without the ball...

But he was 2-13 from 3... His style isn’t conducive to winning in the playoffs... that’s my only beef with Harden. And, for the most part, HOF caliber players that thrive in the regular season but are a shell of themselves in the post season.... well, after a while, they get the media turning in them and calling them chokers. I’m not sure why Harden is immune to it?

There are at least 10 NBA players active righ now I would want on my roster come May, instead of Harden.
I agreed with you about what you say about his play in the playoffs. He's gotten better as a defender, there is no one better at creating points even when his 3 pt shooting is off but he's among my top 5 of those deserving one of those max deals and a big factor in that is his durability. You can't win anything if you're off the court like Kyrie, Cuz, Porzingis etc.

mafra

Legend
I agreed with you about what you say about his play in the playoffs. He's gotten better as a defender, there is no one better at creating points even when his 3 pt shooting is off but he's among my top 5 of those deserving one of those max deals and a big factor in that is his durability. You can't win anything if you're off the court like Kyrie, Cuz, Porzingis etc.

He?s the best pure scorer in the game. I give him credit for trying to win in his own, leaving KD and RW shadow and not running away from the challenge.

And he?s an iron man... in great shape... plays every game and every minute. Can?t take that away from him. I would love him as a Knick.

mafra

Legend
Poasting and Toasting:

?? D?Angelo Russell wanted nothing to do with Frank Ntilikina?s defense tonight. MSG ran a graphic at one point that showed that, going into tonight, Russell had scored six points on SEVENTY-FOUR possessions being guarded by Frank. The NBA Stats video clips are missing a few attempts, but I?m fairly certain he didn?t even attempt a shot against Frank all night. I guess we?ll see once the tracking numbers come out tomorrow. Either way, cool to see that Frank?s D has at least one player in the NBA scared ****less before the opening tip even goes down.?