Game thread: New York Knicks @ Charlotte Hornets 7:00 1/28/2019 [Game #49]

paris401

Starter
i hear 'we have the assets to get a deal done'.... exactly what assets do we have?? - we have KP who's health is unknown.. n a lottery pick... player unknown... i don't see a match...

Broadway

All Star
i hear 'we have the assets to get a deal done'.... exactly what assets do we have?? - we have KP who's health is unknown.. n a lottery pick... player unknown... i don't see a match...

The pick and #kporzee match the other potential offers especially if LA and Boston are preferred destinations. Boston has the edge on offers though

We could easily do combinations of...

Top 3 2019 pick(Zion/Barrett/Morant)/#kporzee/Knox/Knits/Trier/Robinson/Dotson/Mudiay/2021 unprotected pick

mafra

Legend

Would you prefer Zion or Ja or the 14,18,26 pick in the upcoming draft?

Would you prefer KP or Brown or Ball?

Would you prefer MRob, Knits, Knox or Smart?

MRob, Trier and Knox are low salaries controllable assets...

Obviously, this is all based on where our pick is... if this goes down this summer, which it most likely will... our package is much more attractive if we have top 3 pick.

For example, if AD won?t sign extension with anybody but LA... nobody will offer their ?best and brightest?... and if you are NO... Unless Tatum is the prize, you would take Zion over anybody LA or BOS has to offer.

He?s under your control for 5 years. He has a name that willl attract people to the building... he?s the perfect consolation if you lose AD.

Knicks would roll dice, bc with AD and the assets they have left.... that should be enough to land a max free agent partner...

KP-AD-Kyrie
AD-Harris-Kemba

Something like this...

Probably won?t happen, but our package will be equal to most. Just depends on what NO wants.

Broadway

All Star
Would you prefer Zion or Ja or the 14,18,26 pick in the upcoming draft?

Would you prefer KP or Brown or Ball?

Would you prefer MRob, Knits, Knox or Smart?

MRob, Trier and Knox are low salaries controllable assets...

Obviously, this is all based on where our pick is... if this goes down this summer, which it most likely will... our package is much more attractive if we have top 3 pick.

For example, if AD won’t sign extension with anybody but LA... nobody will offer their “best and brightest”... and if you are NO... Unless Tatum is the prize, you would take Zion over anybody LA or BOS has to offer.

He’s under your control for 5 years. He has a name that willl attract people to the building... he’s the perfect consolation if you lose AD.

Knicks would roll dice, bc with AD and the assets they have left.... that should be enough to land a max free agent partner...

KP-AD-Kyrie
AD-Harris-Kemba

Something like this...

Probably won’t happen, but our package will be equal to most. Just depends on what NO wants.

You forgot Rozier and also a very important factor AD wants to win, so everything can't be offered in order to trump packages. AND NO trying to sell AD on hey we can pair you with KD and so-and-so won't work because the other two teams could clear enough salary in trades to do likewise. This gives Boston and LA the edge here as they have 2 clear stars who are proven winners. The movement on Boston's picks could change things slightly. As of today Boston has the most compelling package without having to gut their team

Boston could also move other assets to get picks if necessary...which is why we might want to move Vonleh and Kanter while their stock might be at an all-time high

mafra

Legend
You forgot Rozier and also a very important factor AD wants to win, so everything can't be offered in order to trump packages. AND NO trying to sell AD on hey we can pair with KD and so-and-so won't work because the other two teams could clear enough salary in trades to do likewise which gives Boston and LA the edge here as they have 2 clear stars who are proven winners. the movement on pick could change things slightly. As of today Boston has the most compelling package without having to gut their team

Boston could also move other assets to get picks if necessary...which is why we might want to move Vonleh and Kanter while their stock might be at an all-time high

Rozier is a free agent, no? Not sure TR or NO want each other. So, that doesn?t help NO much (especially since they have EP and Jrue already).

Other teams can clear space but if we already have AD on the roster... well, that certainly makes NY more attractive. Actually, that would be the sole purpose to roll the dice here, right? If we have AD... then it gives KP and KI and the rest something else to consider.

Broadway

All Star
Rozier is a free agent, no? Not sure TR or NO want each other. So, that doesn’t help NO much (especially since they have EP and Jrue already).

Other teams can clear space but if we already have AD on the roster... well, that certainly makes NY more attractive. Actually, that would be the sole purpose to roll the dice here, right? If we have AD... then it gives KP and KI and the rest something else to consider.

Jrue gets move in any deal consummated most likely

Correct Rozier is and I said "as of today" but guess what #kporzee is the same free agent as TR(again should've inked him)...this summer things could change somewhat but Cs have the more valuable pieces. Hence why we are hoping Pels wait until the summer because we're trying to see where our pick lands(e.g. offer stand to change if it ain't #1 overall)

No Maf it doesn't give us the clear edge because from AD's perspective he wants to know you already have them in the bag...hence wanting to play with someone like Lebron and/or Kyrie who are already under contract. He can't be the lone piece to start

mafra

Legend
Jrue gets move in any deal consummated most likely

Correct Rozier is and I said "as of today" but guess what #kporzee is the same free agent as TR(again should've inked him)...this summer things could change somewhat but Cs have the more valuable pieces. Hence why we are hoping Pels wait until the summer because we're trying to see where our pick lands(e.g. offer stand to change if it ain't #1 overall)

No Maf it doesn't give us the clear edge because from AD's perspective he wants to know you already have them in the bag...hence wanting to play with someone like Lebron and/or Kyrie who are already under contract. He can't be the lone piece to start

AD has no say... just like Kyrie had no so... where he gets traded to...

OKC, BOS, and TOR all rolled the dice... made the trade without the extension. Knicks would do the same, I guess. Trade the #1 pick and ?stuff? to get AD. Knicks would still have some combo of young assets (KP, Knox, Knits, Trier, MRob, Dotson, Kornet).... and, we assume, the ability to be players in free agency.

So, with AD on our roster... they go out recruiting. Could it backfire? Could they whiff, watch AD walk, end up with nada? Sure... But, Perry would wager that having NY and AD gets them a top free agent. And, if that occurs, AD won?t walk.

We shall see... but I guarantee you that?s the plan. Now, none of this matters if Knicks don?t procur a top 3 pick... heck, it may only work with the top pick...

It won?t work either if AD and his agent press for LA or if NO covets something somebody else has to offer.

I wonder if NY tries to ply a Jrue or Ball or something if they can?t get AD

Last edited:

Broadway

All Star
AD has no say... just like Kyrie had no so... where he gets traded to...

OKC, BOS, and TOR all rolled the dice... made the trade without the extension. Knicks would do the same, I guess. Trade the #1 pick and ?stuff? to get AD. Knicks would still have some combo of young assets (KP, Knox, Knits, Trier, MRob, Dotson, Kornet).... and, we assume, the ability to be players in free agency.

So, with AD on our roster... they go out recruiting. Could it backfire? Could they whiff, watch AD walk, end up with nada? Sure... But, Perry would wager that having NY and AD gets them a top free agent. And, if that occurs, AD won?t walk.

We shall see... but I guarantee you that?s the plan. Now, none of this matters if Knicks don?t procur a top 3 pick... heck, it may only work with the top pick...

It won?t work either if AD and his agent press for LA or if NO covets something somebody else has to offer.

I wonder if NY tries to ply a Jrue or Ball or something if they can?t get AD

Duh of course he has no say for the immediate destination and all the more reason it may make sense to act now rather than later at the same time no one can make the Pelicans move him either. If #kporzee attempts sabotage it makes our potential offers less compelling

Bucks and Raptors are prepping offers as we speak

mafra

Legend
Duh of course he has no say for the immediate destination and all the more reason it may make sense to act now rather than later at the same time no one can make the Pelicans move him either. If #kporzee attempts sabotage it makes our potential offers less compelling

Bucks and Raptors are prepping offers as we speak

AD-KD-KP are redundant.... so, in best case scenario, we send KP, Timmy, Lee... and, if we have too, our top pick.

I?m not worried about any club but PHO or CHI. I believe Zion is their primary target. It would have to be, right? He?s the cheapest, most controllable asset...

You wait to see about draft position... then shoot for Zion. Unless, some some team makes an overwhelming offer.

Kiyaman

Legend
Quote Originally Posted by mafra View Post
Kyrie now hinting he?s leaving BOS (and If BoS wants AD now they have to trade KI)...

Knicks have assets to trade for AD...

Top 3 pick us free agent is doable...

The light is certainly visible. Doesn?t mean much tho... might just mean we?re a perennial second round team at best... but, the 20 win seasons should be over starting this fall.

Hard to judge Fiz bc the talent is bare and orders from front office clear... not sold
Either, but he?s not Fisher and Horn.

Quote Originally Posted by htr10 View Post
10 game losing streak. Something like 2 - 22 over the last 24. This is what this team is doing BEFORE the All-Star break. Tank or not, this team is going to go down as the worst in franchise history.

If Fizdale is any kind of coach his guys will get better and they start winning some games. I'm tired of his perennial cheerful attitude though.

The Knicks has no TEAM format system on the offensive-end of the court (except individual-ball) nor on defensive-end of the court in any of coach Fizdale's 49 different game rotation this season. There's no same-page development showing in the Knicks performance from any of the Knick players.
There has been no area of team-ball improvement in the Knicks performance throughout the 49 games played.
The Knicks has no consistent starter lineup, nor does the Knicks have a consistent bench lineup out of 49 Games !!!

The 2019 February Trading DeadLine will be a BIG-BLOCK-BUSTER .. If the 2-Way super-star Anthony Davis get traded !!!

paris401

Starter
KP. clee, timmy jr... and whoever else u want to throw in .. B L O W ... AD ain't coming to 33rd and 7th... its a pipe dream... and neither are any tier 1 FA's who's main objective is .... to win.... durant leaving golden state for ny... ha... irving leaving boston... possible .. for ny .. ha.... same for leonard... all mite leave their present teams but for for ny.... ha...

Kiyaman

Legend
KP. clee, timmy jr... and whoever else u want to throw in .. B L O W ... AD ain't coming to 33rd and 7th... its a pipe dream... and neither are any tier 1 FA's who's main objective is .... to win.... durant leaving golden state for ny... ha... irving leaving boston... possible .. for ny .. ha.... same for leonard... all mite leave their present teams but for for ny.... ha...

So so TRUE .. we are True Knick Fans who know better !!!

jimkcchief88

All Star

Pretty much summed it up there...where is ?protect your picks Isiah? when we need him?? What the point in tanking all season to deal away a top 5 pick? I prefer production over potential but let?s do things the right way for once and build through the draft. Fingers crossed the Zinger comes back healthy. Mudiay, Knox,Trier, with vet Timjr and another top 5 pick(hopefully better) can compete. Then maybe another say top 10 pick, THEN go for a free agent that fits our needs, not just showing up to get paid. Don?t settle like we did with STAT. Hold out until a quality free agent WANTS to come for not just a paycheck(see Boogie Cousins).

mafra

Legend
I agree, but AD is only 25. To me, that?s worth Zion. But, after that, if they covet more... they must take Timmy and Lee.

If Knicks could somehow trade for AD and open space for 2 max guys... well... we could be like HEAT when they brought in Bosh and Wade.

It only works tho, if you get that KD and Kyrie to pair with aD.

Anyway, we neither care either way. I just want at least 1 (Zion/Ja, KD/AD).