Game thread: New York Knicks vs Dallas Mavericks 7:30 1/30/2019 [Game #50]

Broadway

All Star
DSJ the quietest triple double 13 pts, 13 dimes 10rbs and I said don't trade him for Nits. What do I know.

The sad thing is if Knits has a quiet anything productive a mass of fans would be ready to induct him into the HOF

For the record Burke blows by plenty defenders in this league and has been fairly productive since Mudiay and to a lesser degree Knits went down. He didn?t have the better all around game though

DSJ has a better peak than Knits, it?s really that simple. Kendall can give us what Knits does

Kiyaman

Legend
At the start of the season the number one team roster that matched equal to the Knicks young-core roster were the Mavs, and still sports announcers gave more wins this season to the Knicks over the Mavs. What happen? Knicks new head coach Fizdale was all talk in the offseason, then showed to be an inexperience coach in the regular season games.
Here is the scouting report on the Knicks: On the offensive-end of the court the Knicks pass the ball one time then launch a shot !!!

Broadway

All Star
Watching this team is about the most joyless experience you can have as a fan.

It?s pretty bad, and fans early in the yr tried to say Hezonja/Mudiay/Kanter were the leaders in TANK play...well look at how wrong they were

I told them it didn?t matter who played. Once again another yr ESPN set too lofty of standards that was classified as hate

Kiyaman

Legend
Quote Originally Posted by tiger0330 View Post
DSJ the quietest triple double 13 pts, 13 dimes 10rbs and I said don't trade him for Nits. What do I know.

When u play against a season TANKING team like the Knicks career highs are easy to do !!!

Dirk been averaging 3 pts a game this season .. Tonite on the Fizdale TANKING Knicks Dirk scored a season high 14 points !!!

mafra

Legend
32 games remain.....!!!

Then more heartbreak as AD gets traded to Celtics, Bulls get Zion, PhO gets Ja, Cavs get RJ... KD and Kawhi sign elsewhere... KP doesn?t sign extension, is half his former self next season...

The beat goes on....

Anyway, back to the joyful state of false hope. At least for now... we can dream of what might be, before that slurpee from the second floor splats on our heads and a great incongruent ?ah-ha!? resounds from the peanut gallery.

tiger0330

Legend
Trade deadline approaches and I saw Jabari play well against the Nets. Trade Kanter and a 2021 second for him and gamble he plays well and we sign him. This may be year one of 3-5 years with a losing record if the roster doesn't change even with Porzingis. Bulls are terrible but I like their roster way more than ours.

mafra

Legend
The Knicks have now lost 11 in a row and 12 in a row at home, which ties a franchise record. They?ve dropped 24 of 26. You know what that looks like?

LLLLLWLLLLLLLLWLLLLLLLLLLL.

It?s boring watching the same thing night after night. Kevin Knox scores, but inefficiently. Ditto Trey Burke. Tim Hardaway Jr. surprises us with his potency or his impotence, with apparently no middle ground. Mario Hezonja is lightning trapped inside a brick house. Mitchell Robinson knows his limited role and sticks to it in limited minutes. Allonzo Trier and Damyean Dotson always do something but never enough of anything. Enes Kanter somehow manages to unite every warring faction of Knick fans and beat writers in shared disdain for him. Noah Vonleh can shoot but won?t. Lance Thomas can?t play, but starts.

Theknicksblog

paris401

Starter
It’s boring watching the same thing night after night. Kevin Knox scores, but inefficiently. Ditto Trey Burke. Tim Hardaway Jr. surprises us with his potency or his impotence, with apparently no middle ground. Mario Hezonja is lightning trapped inside a brick house. Mitchell Robinson knows his limited role and sticks to it in limited minutes. Allonzo Trier and Damyean Dotson always do something but never enough of anything. Enes Kanter somehow manages to unite every warring faction of Knick fans and beat writers in shared disdain for him. Noah Vonleh can shoot but won’t. Lance Thomas can’t play, but starts.
Theknicksblog

this para is all you need to read about the 18/19 knicks... very well written