Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011
    Veteran

Wow, the story of KP being traded by the Knicks just keeps on going. Here are more details revealed by Steve Mills today, found on SI.com:

https://www.si.com/nba/2019/05/22/kr...-europe-return

KP reportedly said: "I don't want to be here. I'm not going to re-sign with the Knicks and I'm going to give you seven days to trade me, or I'm going back to Europe."

Credit the flux-ability of Perry/Mills, to have done their due diligence with foresight, to have laid the groundwork of possible deals months beforehand.

Perry came in and interpreted the data he had about KPs prior run-ins with the previous regime. He understood the fluid dynamics at play. He analyzed the player he was tasked to consider if the player was worthy of a hefty financial commitment....

And whether or not he acted bc of the ultimatum or bc of how he valued the player as perhaps too risky an investment....

The hard work laid earlier paid off. And bc of the hard work they struck what was probably the best deal imaginable given all the other factors.

12th man

Quote Originally Posted by htr10 View Post
    Wow, the story of KP being traded by the Knicks just keeps on going. Here are more details revealed by Steve Mills today, found on SI.com:

https://www.si.com/nba/2019/05/22/kr...-europe-return

KP reportedly said: "I don't want to be here. I'm not going to re-sign with the Knicks and I'm going to give you seven days to trade me, or I'm going back to Europe."
    Knicks propaganda machine with Steve Mills being the mouthpiece. Never heard what KP's beef was with the Knicks. First question I'm asking of my star player is why do you want to be traded? Porzingis probably told him the Knicks have no clue on how to run an organization. Mills conveniently doesn't tell you that but only tells you what a great job they did in trading KP. Great that they created that cap space but like I said when he got traded they have to use it and turn this team around.

12th man

Quote Originally Posted by tiger0330 View Post
    Knicks propaganda machine with Steve Mills being the mouthpiece. Never heard what KP's beef was with the Knicks. First question I'm asking of my star player is why do you want to be traded? Porzingis probably told him the Knicks have no clue on how to run an organization. Mills conveniently doesn't tell you that but only tells you what a great job they did in trading KP. Great that they created that cap space but like I said when he got traded they have to use it and turn this team around.
    The Knicks CLUELESS coaching-staff headed by tank-tank Fizdale .. I'm sure had a lot to do with KP decision to leave asap.
    The other Knick players that were traded with KP probably hinted once or twice of wanting out too.
    Truth be said .. the majority of the NCAA Basketball teams has proven to have a much better coaching-staff and head-coach than the Knicks organization.
    There were a few good reason why head-coach David Fizdale were FIRED 15 games into the Memphis Grizz 2017-18 season.
    Those same reason are why the Knicks front office hired David Fizdale to be the Knicks head-coach for the 2018-19 season .... 17 win season !!!

12th man

Quote Originally Posted by Kiyaman View Post
    The Knicks CLUELESS coaching-staff headed by tank-tank Fizdale .. I'm sure had a lot to do with KP decision to leave asap.
    The other Knick players that were traded with KP probably hinted once or twice of wanting out too.
    Truth be said .. the majority of the NCAA Basketball teams has proven to have a much better coaching-staff and head-coach than the Knicks organization.
    There were a few good reason why head-coach David Fizdale were FIRED 15 games into the Memphis Grizz 2017-18 season.
    Those same reason are why the Knicks front office hired David Fizdale to be the Knicks head-coach for the 2018-19 season .... 17 win season !!!
    Completely agree, Fizdale is an idiot. He lucked out tying the Knicks record instead of setting a new one for the worst season record when he was able to play a decimated Bulls squad playing GLeague callups twice in the final 10 games. Then he says I like where we are after a horrible season that most would like to forget. He hit none of the goals he set at the start of the season, defense, pace, not even those rotations he promised after 25 games. I'd keep him on a short leash next season.