Porzingis wants to be traded

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Just read online that the Kings rejected a trade of either De'Aaron Fox or Marvin Bagley for Porzingis. Despite contrary reports, I still think Phoenix told us to piss off when we asked for Devin Booker for KP. Pelicans didn't want KP for Anthony Davis. Given that it is now clear we had to move KP or risk getting nothing for him, we may very well have found the one team in Dallas that was willing to make a reasonable trade with us before it was too late.

It was the right call. They traded him early before word could start getting out about what teams he would or wouldn't be willing to go to

Disgruntled superstars don't lead you to championships

Latest story I just read online states that KP thinks Durant could be coming to the Knicks next season and he didn?t want to have to play with him next season and no longer be the star of the team. This seems like a really hard thing to believe.

Last edited:

paris401

Starter
sure.. durant wants to come here n play with this bunch of losers.... tho who knows... lebron can go anywhere, n make a bunch of losers a playoff team... maybe durant wants to do the same... tho i think there is only one 'bron... luv him or hate him (i'm part of the hate..or lets say 'dislike group), u gotta give him kudos for his ability to make the players around him better...

sure.. durant wants to come here n play with this bunch of losers.... tho who knows... lebron can go anywhere, n make a bunch of losers a playoff team... maybe durant wants to do the same... tho i think there is only one 'bron... luv him or hate him (i'm part of the hate..or lets say 'dislike group), u gotta give him kudos for his ability to make the players around him better...

No one is coming here to play with our current roster. Players are only going to come here to play with other guys we bring in at the same time. No one was coming here to play with
KP. I know that much.

mafra

Legend
Now the word is KP wasn?t happy that the Knicks wanted to chase max free agents this summer. He wanted them to build team around him.

That probably would?ve been the best plan. Preserve cap space... see what kids could do... add a lottery pick or 2... then chase Greek Freak in 2021.

I think this is only a half truth tho. He should?ve signed extension then to prove it and to take away the max option.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Now the word is KP wasn’t happy that the Knicks wanted to chase max free agents this summer. He wanted them to build team around him.

That probably would’ve been the best plan. Preserve cap space... see what kids could do... add a lottery pick or 2... then chase Greek Freak in 2021.

I think this is only a half truth tho. He should’ve signed extension then to prove it and to take away the max option.
Porzingis sure thinks high of himself for someone who's missed a lot of games in his unproven career.

tiger0330

Legend
Now the word is KP wasn’t happy that the Knicks wanted to chase max free agents this summer. He wanted them to build team around him.

That probably would’ve been the best plan. Preserve cap space... see what kids could do... add a lottery pick or 2... then chase Greek Freak in 2021.

I think this is only a half truth tho. He should’ve signed extension then to prove it and to take away the max option.

Porzingis sure thinks high of himself for someone who's missed a lot of games in his unproven career.
I still think the Knicks not extending him when he was injured was the reason for his breakup with the the Knicks rather than these reports that he was unhappy with not being the focal point of the rebuild. The kid did turn into a prima donna though, his love for NY was a bunch of BS. The TOR fans gave DeRozan a hero's welcome in his return to TOR, KP doesn't deserve the same from NY fans.

Can?t forget KP, apparently due to his brother Janis, skipped out on his exit interview after his 2nd season. I forget who said it, maybe Walt, that they had never heard of a player doing that, ever.

It will be interesting to see what Mark Cuban has to do to keep KP and his brother happy if the Mavs can?t make the playoffs next season in the crowded West and they don?t have enough assets left to significantly improve the roster.

mafra

Legend
Can?t forget KP, apparently due to his brother Janis, skipped out on his exit interview after his 2nd season. I forget who said it, maybe Walt, that they had never heard of a player doing that, ever.

It will be interesting to see what Mark Cuban has to do to keep KP and his brother happy if the Mavs can?t make the playoffs next season in the crowded West and they don?t have enough assets left to significantly improve the roster.

I think KP?s brother has LAK and LeBron on his mind. It?ll be interesting, indeed. Does he stay in DAL to be Doncic?s sidekick? A forever Robyn?

Or, will he head to LAK and be ?the man? to help LJ win in his twilight years?

mafra

Legend
Credit the flux-ability of Perry/Mills, to have done their due diligence with foresight, to have laid the groundwork of possible deals months beforehand.

Perry came in and interpreted the data he had about KP?s prior run-ins with the previous regime. He understood the fluid dynamics at play. He analyzed the player he was tasked to consider if the player was worthy of a hefty financial commitment....

And whether or not he acted bc of the ultimatum or bc of how he valued the player as perhaps too risky an investment....

The hard work laid earlier paid off. And bc of the hard work they struck what was probably the best deal imaginable given all the other factors.

tiger0330

Legend
Wow, the story of KP being traded by the Knicks just keeps on going. Here are more details revealed by Steve Mills today, found on SI.com:

https://www.si.com/nba/2019/05/22/k...ed-trade-knicks-president-claim-europe-return

KP reportedly said: "I don't want to be here. I'm not going to re-sign with the Knicks and I'm going to give you seven days to trade me, or I'm going back to Europe."
Knicks propaganda machine with Steve Mills being the mouthpiece. Never heard what KP's beef was with the Knicks. First question I'm asking of my star player is why do you want to be traded? Porzingis probably told him the Knicks have no clue on how to run an organization. Mills conveniently doesn't tell you that but only tells you what a great job they did in trading KP. Great that they created that cap space but like I said when he got traded they have to use it and turn this team around.

Kiyaman

Legend
Knicks propaganda machine with Steve Mills being the mouthpiece. Never heard what KP's beef was with the Knicks. First question I'm asking of my star player is why do you want to be traded? Porzingis probably told him the Knicks have no clue on how to run an organization. Mills conveniently doesn't tell you that but only tells you what a great job they did in trading KP. Great that they created that cap space but like I said when he got traded they have to use it and turn this team around.

The Knicks CLUELESS coaching-staff headed by tank-tank Fizdale .. I'm sure had a lot to do with KP decision to leave asap.
The other Knick players that were traded with KP probably hinted once or twice of wanting out too.
Truth be said .. the majority of the NCAA Basketball teams has proven to have a much better coaching-staff and head-coach than the Knicks organization.
There were a few good reason why head-coach David Fizdale were FIRED 15 games into the Memphis Grizz 2017-18 season.
Those same reason are why the Knicks front office hired David Fizdale to be the Knicks head-coach for the 2018-19 season .... 17 win season !!!

tiger0330

Legend
The Knicks CLUELESS coaching-staff headed by tank-tank Fizdale .. I'm sure had a lot to do with KP decision to leave asap.
The other Knick players that were traded with KP probably hinted once or twice of wanting out too.
Truth be said .. the majority of the NCAA Basketball teams has proven to have a much better coaching-staff and head-coach than the Knicks organization.
There were a few good reason why head-coach David Fizdale were FIRED 15 games into the Memphis Grizz 2017-18 season.
Those same reason are why the Knicks front office hired David Fizdale to be the Knicks head-coach for the 2018-19 season .... 17 win season !!!
Completely agree, Fizdale is an idiot. He lucked out tying the Knicks record instead of setting a new one for the worst season record when he was able to play a decimated Bulls squad playing GLeague callups twice in the final 10 games. Then he says I like where we are after a horrible season that most would like to forget. He hit none of the goals he set at the start of the season, defense, pace, not even those rotations he promised after 25 games. I'd keep him on a short leash next season.